|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If there were issues with the pitch book how did one make sure to get changes completed and reprinted?
2. How much are word processors paid an hour?
3. What was the associates' creative time?
4. Why do all associates wait eagerly for their reviews?
5. How does lack of sleep and severe jet lag affect Rolfe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare and contrast associates Perrentazzi to Troob.
2. Compare and contrast Mike Stevens to Rolfe.
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare pre-SEC 1920's investment banking to present day investment banks. Consider:
2. How have SEC regulations changed investment banking? Do you think the regulations are enough?
3. How has the role of the investment banker changed?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following questions to write about:
1. What two themes are the most prevalent in the book? Discuss the themes and describe two specific situations in which the themes are present.
2. Compare and contrast Ed Star and Les Newton. How are the men alike and different? Why did many people wish to emulate these two men.
3. The theme of exhaustion is ever present during Rolfe and Troob's employment at DLJ. Explain how exhaustion cycles through the DLJ employees in the book.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)