|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On average, how many times is a pitch book sent back to word processing?
2. Why did Troob feel guilty about his behavior at the holiday party?
3. What physically happened to Troob?
4. Who was sworn to secrecy concerning bonuses?
5. On a trip with DLJ, what must have back up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are very few women mentioned as investment bankers in the book. It quickly becomes clear to the reader that investment banking is a male dominated field.
1. Describe some of the positions that are mostly women at DLJ. Why are many of these positions non-managing titles?
2. How does the investment banking atmosphere work to reinforce typical American gender roles?
3. Besides bank employees, why are women portrayed as sexual objects to male investment bankers.
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare pre-SEC 1920's investment banking to present day investment banks. Consider:
2. How have SEC regulations changed investment banking? Do you think the regulations are enough?
3. How has the role of the investment banker changed?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Rolfe and Troob.
Consider the following about each characters personality:
- Work ethic
- Education background
- Personal life
- Views on business accountability
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)