|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rolfe and Troob establish relationships with the copy center workers?
2. On average, how many times is a pitch book sent back to word processing?
3. Performance reviews mark _______________ at DLJ.
4. What does the associate do with their down time while waiting on the prospectus?
5. Getting on the bad side of the copy center was ___________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain why "top tier schools" or Ivy League schools are breeding grounds for investment banks.
2. In your opinion, can a quality education be gained outside of these institutions?
Essay Topic 2
There are very few women mentioned as investment bankers in the book. It quickly becomes clear to the reader that investment banking is a male dominated field.
1. Describe some of the positions that are mostly women at DLJ. Why are many of these positions non-managing titles?
2. How does the investment banking atmosphere work to reinforce typical American gender roles?
3. Besides bank employees, why are women portrayed as sexual objects to male investment bankers.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a person you can relate to in the book. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if they were in your situation and how would you act in theirs?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)