|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were client and managing director meetings hated by associates?
2. After the holiday party, Rolfe becomes concerned about Troob because:
3. What did Rolfe help an older banker to do?
4. At DLJ, what was the holiday party considered to be?
5. How did Rolfe and Troob establish relationships with the copy center workers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a person you can relate to in the book. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if they were in your situation and how would you act in theirs?
Essay Topic 2
The SEC was created to offer regulation on the financial world.
1. Describe how investment banks conducted business prior to the stock market crash of the 1920s.
2. Detail how the SEC regulated banks from the 1920's to the early 2000s.
3. After reading this book and understanding the inner workings on investment banking, explain how you think the SEC should change regulations that could help the world out of its current economic recession.
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare pre-SEC 1920's investment banking to present day investment banks. Consider:
2. How have SEC regulations changed investment banking? Do you think the regulations are enough?
3. How has the role of the investment banker changed?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)