|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the high bonuses say about DLJ?
2. What new job did Troob find?
3. What physically happened to Troob?
4. On average, how many times is a pitch book sent back to word processing?
5. After both men left the company, how did they feel about themselves and their lives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could have been an investment banker working at DLJ with Rolfe and Troob, would you have followed their lead and tried to leave the company? Would you have tried to pay your dues and move up higher into the company?
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare pre-SEC 1920's investment banking to present day investment banks. Consider:
2. How have SEC regulations changed investment banking? Do you think the regulations are enough?
3. How has the role of the investment banker changed?
Essay Topic 3
1. Discuss the most prevalent roles of women in the book.
2. Pick three characters and analyze how their roles as women are presented throughout the novel.
3. Is their a common job that all women have? Do these jobs seem degrading or demoralizing?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)