|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the investment banker that overvalued the company?
2. How many summer associates worked at DLJ that summer?
3. What is a good way to describe the junior vice presidents?
4. What is the definition of valuation?
5. Who was often assigned to the above person's pitch books?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Rolfe and Troob's personal accounts of interviews and the recruiters personalities create a humorous mood?
2. Because a pitch book is a very important piece of information for the client, was it a privilege to work on a pitch book.
3. As the summer began, Troob and Rolfe looked forward to what at DLJ?
4. How has investment banking changed from the Great Depression until the printing of the book?
5. Although the hours where very long, how did DLJ "thank" its associates for all their work?
6. When the new graduates met together, what did they learn about one another?
7. What did Rolfe dread more, small business trips or the road show?
8. Why did Discounted Cash flow Analysis annoy Troob and Rolfe?
9. What is similar about Comparable Multiples Analysis and Discounted Cash flow Analysis?
10. What is remarkable about Les Newton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a person you can relate to in the book. Why did you choose this character? Which of their characteristics remind you of yourself? How would that character act if they were in your situation and how would you act in theirs?
Essay Topic 2
If you could have been an investment banker working at DLJ with Rolfe and Troob, would you have followed their lead and tried to leave the company? Would you have tried to pay your dues and move up higher into the company?
Essay Topic 3
Bribery and greed are large motivations for various people to do their jobs. Pick 2 characters from the list below and describe how either bribery or greed is essential to get their job done:
- Copy Center
- Word Processors
- John Rolfe
- Peter Troob
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)