|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Wolfe attended _____ while Peter Trobb attended _______ Business School.
(a) Brown; Stanford.
(b) Princeton; Yale.
(c) Wharton; Harvard.
(d) Washington University; America University.
2. How was one of Rolfe's friends able to get Rolfe a job?
(a) She already worked at DLJ.
(b) She asked her father to make a couple of calls to DLJ.
(c) She knew the recruiter and made a call.
(d) She used her charms to presuade a DLJ recruiter.
3. When an associate worked on a pitch book, what could they always count on?
(a) Everything being perfect.
(b) Waiting on other associates for missing pages.
(c) Last minute changes.
(d) An easy process.
4. What must potential MBA graduates secure the summer before graduation?
(a) A place to live.
(b) Friends to help them through their jobs.
(c) A salary.
(d) A job.
5. These two positions are the most senior at an investment bank. There are extremely few of these positions at the company. They usually make six figure incomes.
(a) Managing directors and senior vice presidents.
(b) Junior vice presidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did summer associates get full time jobs?
2. What is the main goal of a managing director?
3. Upon accepting the offer to DLJ, what were both Troob and Rolfe given?
4. Why did one associate fall asleep while questioning Dick Jenrette?
5. If a company is expect to grow by _______, it was a good buy.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the summer in between an MBA program critical for many students?
2. How did investment bankers cut their own risk when dealing with new companies?
3. How did Troob and Rolfe console themselves after they accepted their offers? Why was it necessary to come up with excuses to stay at DLJ?
4. How did both Troob and Rolfe succeed in leaving DLJ?
5. In the Merry-Go-Round, what is a major part of developing a pitch book?
6. How do the Rolfe and Troob's personal accounts of interviews and the recruiters personalities create a humorous mood?
7. How long was training for each new class at DLJ and what did they learn?
8. Unfortunately for Rolfe, he rarely slept while working on pitch books. Why does he put up with this horrible lifestyle.
9. Unfortunately for associates, what takes priority over any other job they might have been assigned?
10. Why must DLJ employees keep their bonuses a secret?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)