|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the investment banker that overvalued the company?
(a) The banker was celebrated.
(b) The banker hid the mistake.
(c) The banker was black marked.
(d) The investment bank would protect them.
2. How did Troob and Rolfe eventually become fast friends?
(a) Troob rescued Rolfe from being attacked at the office.
(b) Rolfe and Troob are very much alike.
(c) Troob bailed Rolfe out of an embarrassing situation.
(d) Troob helped Rolfe with a difficult task at work.
3. To the recruiters, what were Troob and Rolfe?
(a) Another deal or project to close.
(c) Easy targets to get recruited.
(d) Stupid young men looking to make money.
4. What did new graduates start out as at investment banking firms?
(a) Word processors.
(b) Managing directors.
(c) Associates and analysts.
(d) Junior vice presidents.
5. When an associate worked on a pitch book, what could they always count on?
(a) Everything being perfect.
(b) Waiting on other associates for missing pages.
(c) Last minute changes.
(d) An easy process.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a company is expect to grow by _______, it was a good buy.
2. What kind of working hours did Troob and Rolfe expect?
3. What do investment banks no longer put up front to help the new business?
4. What is a large investment bank a part of?
5. At this point in the book, why do Troob and Rolfe decide to stay at DLJ and work for a permanent offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is involved in a research analysts job?
2. What did the social events, traveling, and horrible work hours do to Troob?
3. What are the two services that many investment bankers offer to their clients?
4. Why must DLJ employees keep their bonuses a secret?
5. Explain the daily routine of a first year associate at DLJ.
6. Why do the associates hate the people who work in the word processing department?
7. What two things happen when managing directors brokers a deal with an outside company?
8. Why did Discounted Cash flow Analysis annoy Troob and Rolfe?
9. Describe the organization of an investment banking firm.
10. What is remarkable about Les Newton?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)