|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third section of the pitch book did what of the following?
(a) Offered the value of the company.
(b) Overviewed the health of the company.
(c) Glorified the company.
(d) Gives the values of the investment banking firm.
2. How did the recruiters get Troob and Rolfe to accept their offers?
(a) Promised them fast promotions.
(b) Promised to be their mentors.
(c) Threatened their future.
(d) Filled them with booze and food.
3. Why were investment bankers paid the big bucks?
(a) To live the same lifestyles as their clients.
(b) They had the inside information for buying and selling businesses.
(c) They are extremely clever.
(d) Investment bankers convince companies to buy things they do not need.
4. At the time the book was published, what does the average upper level investment banker make?
5. The summer between an MBA program is _________.
(a) Critical for discovering if one wants to live in New York City.
(b) A time to see family before starting the school year.
(c) A very relaxing time.
(d) Critical for finding a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts extremely rude and perverse on a social night out?
2. What did most of Bubble pitch books require?
3. Who decides the value of a business?
4. In interviews, besides showing the personality of Troob and Rolfe, whose personalities were shown?
5. How much could a summer associate expect to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the summer in between an MBA program critical for many students?
2. Why did Troob become guilty after the holiday party? Why does Rolfe feel nervous about Troob's feelings?
3. Where do the summer associates work at the DLJ offices and who constantly communicates with them there?
4. Unfortunately for associates, what takes priority over any other job they might have been assigned?
5. How long was training for each new class at DLJ and what did they learn?
6. According to Rolfe and Troob, much of their success was tied to what group of people?
7. What are the two services that many investment bankers offer to their clients?
8. What is similar about Comparable Multiples Analysis and Discounted Cash flow Analysis?
9. What causes multiple versions and edits of the pitch book to be made? Even hours before the presentation?
10. Why was it assumed that almost everyone would receive bonuses?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)