|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do potential investors fail to do while looking for new investments?
(a) Read beyond the second section of the prospectus.
(b) Find companies themselves.
(c) Research the company themselves.
(d) Trust the investment banker in charge of their case.
2. What is the copy center responsible for?
(a) Prospectus printing.
(b) Handouts for meetings.
(c) All pitch books, billings, inserts for the entire company.
(d) Proposal printing.
3. Who must approve all sales and values of securities?
(a) The SEC.
(c) The Fed.
(d) The government.
4. What did Rolfe receive very little _____ throughout the development of pitches?
(a) Valuable time with friends.
(c) Relationships with love interests.
(d) Alone time.
5. While recruiting for DLJ, what did Troob realize?
(a) He wanted to be promoted.
(b) He was lying as he had been lied to.
(c) He hated the way Rolfe was treated.
(d) He really did like his job.
6. What does the associate do with their down time while waiting on the prospectus?
(a) Twiddles his thumbs.
(b) Do their taxes.
(c) Eat, drink, and relax.
(d) Goes to sleep.
7. So long as he was in the banking business, what would Troob not have?
(a) A chance to look for a new job.
(b) The ability to experience New York.
(c) No life with his new wife.
(d) Opportunities for professional growth.
8. What do potential investors rely on during a prospectus presentation?
(a) Rely on the sales pitch of the investment banker.
(b) Pretty pictures and images.
(c) Their lawyers opinions.
(d) Their own instincts.
9. Where are most European investment banks headquartered?
(d) London and Paris.
10. What do Troob and Rolfe suggest that business school failed to teach the graduates?
(a) How to bribe people.
(b) How to compromise.
(c) How to work with other people.
(d) That they would be spending a lot of time in a copy center.
11. As inhibitions were lifted, upper level execs were went looking for ____________.
(a) More alcohol.
(b) A chance to tell off co-workers.
(c) Younger female employees.
(d) People to play poker with.
12. After word processing, who was next in line to receive the pitch book?
(a) The managing directors.
(b) The buyers.
(c) Copy center.
(d) The client.
13. Why did Troob feel guilty about his behavior at the holiday party?
(a) He had a serious girlfriend.
(b) His parents are ashamed.
(c) He wants to experience New York.
(d) He is tired of the debauchery.
14. Who were the majority of the people in the word processing department?
(d) Artists, dancers, and musicians.
15. No ___________ is spared in printing the prospectus.
(a) Down time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are word processors paid an hour?
2. What did Rolfe help an older banker to do?
3. What was always well received by workers at the copy center?
4. At DLJ, what was the holiday party considered to be?
5. What do the high bonuses say about DLJ?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)