|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the high bonuses say about DLJ?
(a) DLJ loves all of its employees.
(b) DLJ had a lot of business coming in.
(c) The company gave away any amount of money to keep employees.
(d) DLJ values people who do a good job.
2. Why did Troob have to constantly cancel dates with his girlfriend?
(a) Rolfe forbid Troob to see his girl.
(b) She cheated on him.
(c) Because he was cheating on her.
(d) Because of work.
3. How much are word processors paid an hour?
4. What do potential investors rely on during a prospectus presentation?
(a) Their own instincts.
(b) Pretty pictures and images.
(c) Rely on the sales pitch of the investment banker.
(d) Their lawyers opinions.
5. On average, how many times is a pitch book sent back to word processing?
6. As inhibitions were lifted, upper level execs were went looking for ____________.
(a) People to play poker with.
(b) A chance to tell off co-workers.
(c) Younger female employees.
(d) More alcohol.
7. After both men left the company, how did they feel about themselves and their lives?
(b) Matured and satisfied with life.
(c) Ten years older, abused, and used.
8. In the book, what company do Rolfe and Troob use to detail the word processing process?
(a) Publishing company.
(b) A telecommunications company.
(c) A cigarette company.
(d) Internet company.
9. At DLJ, what was the holiday party considered to be?
(a) Not that much fun.
(b) An event that significant others could also attend.
(c) Most important social event of the year.
(d) Associates could choose if they wanted to attend or not.
10. Instead of the copy center, where did the prospectus go to be finished?
(a) A company in Connecticut.
(b) The associates print it themselves.
(c) A special printing company in Long Island.
(d) An outsourced printer.
11. Unfortunately for Rolfe and Troob, what didn't company trips come with?
(a) Nice accommodations.
(c) An expense account.
(d) No social and cultural activities.
12. How did the word processors perform their jobs?
(a) Very quickly and efficiently.
(b) With a lot of passion.
(d) With little or not gusto.
13. How did Rolfe and Troob maintain a good relationship with the copy center?
(a) Inviting the workers to happy hour.
(b) Visiting the workers on off hours.
(c) Taking them for joy rides in company cars.
(d) Pizza, beer, and food on late night shifts.
14. What two party rooms were made available to the employees of DLJ?
(a) A DJ room and a orchestra room.
(b) A poker room and a dance room.
(c) A game room and a dance room.
(d) A DJ room and a game room.
15. On a trip with DLJ, what must have back up?
(a) Hotel rooms.
(b) Dinner reservations.
(c) All travel arrangements.
(d) Car reservations.
Short Answer Questions
1. While recruiting for DLJ, what did Troob realize?
2. After word processing, who was next in line to receive the pitch book?
3. Getting on the bad side of the copy center was ___________.
4. What do Troob and Rolfe suggest that business school failed to teach the graduates?
5. What happened when most of the senior execs left for the night at the end of a long work day?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)