|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Business.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do growing businesses need to expand?
(d) Gains and losses.
2. What do most business schools indoctrinate into their grads?
(a) How to party and have a good time.
(b) Having ethical business practices.
(c) Importance of a "money" culture.
(d) How to be a good investment banker.
3. What kind of firm was the investment bank that Rolfe and Troob were to work for?
(a) A new, aggressive kid on the block.
(b) An older firm.
(c) Smart, caring and hardworking.
(d) New age.
4. Upon accepting the offer to DLJ, what were both Troob and Rolfe given?
(a) A sign-on bonus.
(b) A New York City apartment.
(c) A promise of a 20% raise in a year.
(d) A new car.
5. What is the main goal of a managing director?
(a) Bring in a big fee for the company.
(b) Travel for the company.
(c) Find opportunities abroad.
(d) To get famous clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the rich recruiters and their actions towards Troob, Rolfe, and the other recruits?
2. When did two senior bankers arrive at Harvard to recruit Troob?
3. What unlikely venue did recruiters take Troob and Rolfe?
4. How much did they learn about investment banking?
5. In the grand scheme of things, an associate was just _________ in the larger financial picture.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)