Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about each stage of Erikson's stages of identity development?
2. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
3. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
4. According to Erikson in Chapter 2, what does personal identity focus on?
5. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson feel that the process of identity formation is the process of increasing differentiation?
2. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
3. According to Erikson, what is our earliest undifferentiated sense of identity?
4. Considering Erikson's theory of identity development, how does the parent's tendency to remain stuck in adolescents affect youth's identity development?
5. Why does Erikson suggest that the second stage of identity development is a period of letting go?
6. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
7. Considering group identity developing, in light of Erikson's stages of development, how do individuals make group decisions in order to ease the pressures of making difficult decisions?
8. What are some unique characteristics discussed at the beginning of Chapter 4 concerning George Bernard Shaw?
9. Why does Erikson suggest that understanding identity requires understanding the development of identity?
10. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
Erikson titles Chapter 5 "Theoretical Interlude." For literary standpoint as well as instructional standpoint what is the purpose of Chapter 5? How this stopping the flow of information to discuss theory helps the readers better understand Erickson's few of identity development?
Define the term "sense of basic trust" and discuss what this means to an infant in the beginning stages of identity development. How is stressed formed and what happens if trust is not formed? How are later stages affected by the successful or unsuccessful initiation of positive identity development? Use the book to support your answer.
The Erikson discusses that identity development of women. Outline the history of women's identity that has resulted in the current collective identity of women. Begin from that late 18th century and go to the present.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)