Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about each stage of Erikson's stages of identity development?
2. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
3. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
4. According to Erikson in Chapter 2, what does personal identity focus on?
5. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson feel that the process of identity formation is the process of increasing differentiation?
2. What does Erikson mean when he refers to the adaptive ego?
3. According to Erikson, what is our earliest undifferentiated sense of identity?
4. Considering Erikson's theory of identity development, how does the parent's tendency to remain stuck in adolescents affect youth's identity development?
5. Why does Erikson suggest that the second stage of identity development is a period of letting go?
6. Why does Erikson's notion of identity resistance often occur and therapy?
7. Considering group identity developing, in light of Erikson's stages of development, how do individuals make group decisions in order to ease the pressures of making difficult decisions?
8. What are some unique characteristics discussed at the beginning of Chapter 4 concerning George Bernard Shaw?
9. Why does Erikson suggest that understanding identity requires understanding the development of identity?
10. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
Essay Topic 1
The Erikson suggests that there are a number of economic and practical reasons to focus on women's position in the world. Discuss what these economic and practical reasons may be and how they affect the position of women in today's world
Essay Topic 2
Erikson's discussion on the differences of identity between youth today and those of 20 years ago focuses on the fact that today's youth may suffer more identity crisis than those of the past. Provide evidence from the reading that support this theory. Based on the reading, what factors do you feel play a major role in today's youth being unable to effectively form a positive self identity? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Is identity formation guaranteed with age? If yes, discuss the result of identity formation on the elderly? If no, discuss what is necessary for this process to occur?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)