|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed by Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when a system either biological or social malfunctions?
(a) Restart of identity formation.
(b) Identity loss.
2. As noted in Chapter 2, how can false or inaccurate ego identity formations be corrected after being developed by parents in terms of group identity development?
(a) They cannot be corrected.
(b) By reworking associations.
(c) By immersion.
(d) Through psychotherapy.
3. According to Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when the ego combines elements that result in an inability to form a positive self-image?
(a) No identity formation.
(b) Negative identity formation.
(c) Ego synthesis fails.
4. According to Freud, what is the first stage of identity development called?
(a) Anal stage.
(b) Latent stage.
(c) Oral stage.
(d) Phallic stage.
5. During the fourth stage of Erikson's theory of development, what occurs when an individual is successful?
(a) Feelings of independence.
(b) Feelings of guilt.
(c) Feelings of superiority.
(d) Feelings of industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Erikson use to mean the factor that serves to integrate a person toward a common societal goal?
2. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
3. What does Shaw find his childhood exposures to have been?
4. During the process of Erikson's stages of identity development, what will depend on the total process of identity development?
5. As discussed in Chapter 1, what first lead to the scientific mythology of the mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Freud's focus of theorizing?
2. What is Erikson suggest it is a good thing that the term crisis no longer means solely a bad event?
3. What is Erikson use personal communications by two prominent psychologists in his opening discussion of identity?
4. What does Erikson suggests will happen if the youth do not grow up?
5. Considering group identity developing, in light of Erikson's stages of development, how do individuals make group decisions in order to ease the pressures of making difficult decisions?
6. How does introjection help the ego grow in Erikson's theory of identity development?
7. What does Erikson mean by the term psychosocial moratorium?
8. What is Erikson feel that the process of identity formation is the process of increasing differentiation?
9. How do social scientists attempt to narrow the term identity down?
10. Why might it be reasonable to think pathological and developmental aspects of identity?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)