|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ________ cannot coexist with the increase in advances in a technologically led culture?
(a) Conformity of one.
(b) The dislike of regimentation and military enthusiasm.
(c) True identity formation of ego.
(d) The combination of individuality and the community.
2. What style of identity combines medieval conception of community with modern disobedience and nonviolence?
3. What does George Bernard Shaw despise?
(b) His family's snobbery.
(c) His family history.
(d) His adolescence.
4. What aspects of Freud's theory of development does a functional ego integrate?
(a) Biological and psychosexual.
(b) Psychosocial and psychosexual.
(c) Psychosocial and biological.
(d) Social and environmental.
5. According to Erikson in terms of active identity formation individual who now can say they know where they are going, what has occurred?
(a) Psychological superiority.
(b) Identity completion.
(d) Psychosocial well-being.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the final stages of Erikson's stages of identity development, what type of feelings may individual experiencing stagnation feel?
2. In terms of Erikson's theory of individual development, what is required in order to transcend toward individuality?
3. What is the definition of "identity" subject to?
4. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
5. What does Erikson state youth need so they do not languish in a strictly episodical conscious expansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do parents trigger transference in the formulation of evil ego identity as children move through Erikson's developmental stages?
2. What is Erikson suggest it is a good thing that the term crisis no longer means solely a bad event?
3. What does Erikson suggest that historical periods usually offer a limited number of models in order to develop identity?
4. How does Erikson think acute identity confusion manifests?
5. What is Erikson use personal communications by two prominent psychologists in his opening discussion of identity?
6. What does Erikson suggest should our implicit scheme include in addition to growth?
7. What does Erikson suggests will happen if the youth do not grow up?
8. What does Erikson suggest is immune to the failure of ego synthesis?
9. How does introjection help the ego grow in Erikson's theory of identity development?
10. What does Erikson feel is significant about the adolescent identity crisis?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)