|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of self is clear when examining Freud's dreams?
(a) Suppressed self.
(b) Open-minded self.
(c) Confident self.
(d) Identified self.
2. What does George Bernard Shaw despise?
(b) His family's snobbery.
(c) His family history.
(d) His adolescence.
3. During the final stages of Erikson's stages of identity development, what type of feelings may individual experiencing stagnation feel?
(a) Despair and hopelessness.
(d) Hope for the future.
4. According to Freud, what is the third stage of development called?
(a) The phallic stage.
(b) Anal stage.
(c) Oral stage.
(d) Latent stage.
5. Considering Erikson's stages of identity development, how long does a six stage of identity development last?
(a) Into adulthood.
(b) Only throughout late adulthood.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Throughout adolescence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest wholeness of the individual is associated with?
2. What does Erikson state are not constantly bolstered, an idea that is contrary to popular belief?
3. What does William James state is discernible in mental or moral attitudes?
4. As discussed by Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when a system either biological or social malfunctions?
5. What does Erikson state that childhood and youth predispose men to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Erikson state that he cannot accept Freud's notion that neurotic conflict is not different from normative conflict?
2. What does Erikson suggest should our implicit scheme include in addition to growth?
3. What aspects are involved in defining the ego?
4. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
5. What is Erikson feel that the process of identity formation is the process of increasing differentiation?
6. The why does Erikson feel that anatomy is destiny?
7. What are some unique characteristics discussed at the beginning of Chapter 4 concerning George Bernard Shaw?
8. What does Erikson think is different about the male and female focus of identity?
9. What is Erikson state that is so difficult for black youth to find their identity?
10. What is Erikson suggest that the Western sense of identity has been weakened?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)