|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Concerning Erikson's theory, when identity development is negative, what type of personalities may occur during the second stage of development?
(a) Maladaptive behaviors.
2. According to Freud, what is the first stage of identity development called?
(a) Phallic stage.
(b) Anal stage.
(c) Latent stage.
(d) Oral stage.
3. What is one example that Erikson provides for the notion of "evil ego identity"?
(a) Ethnic stereotypes.
(b) Gender stereotypes.
(d) Self loathing.
4. What is the core part of identity formation that cannot be separated from this formation?
(a) Authority acceptance.
(b) Peace of mind.
5. In the beginning of the 20th century, what demonstrated the possibility to destroy human kind?
(d) Negative identity formation.
Short Answer Questions
1. That does introjection mean in terms of Erikson's stages of identity development for groups other than the majority?
2. According to Erikson, what is the second stage of identity development?
3. What might gaining a stronger self identity correspond to in relation to the majority of the population?
4. Why was Erikson so impressed with Shaw?
5. What type of self is clear when examining Freud's dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What aspects are involved in defining the ego?
2. According to Erikson, why might it be petty to attempt to define "identity" or "identity crisis"?
3. What does Erikson suggest is immune to the failure of ego synthesis?
4. What does Erikson think is the driving force for the more inclusive identity?
5. What is Erikson state that he cannot accept Freud's notion that neurotic conflict is not different from normative conflict?
6. According to Erikson, why is early adolescents signified by feelings of initiative or guilt?
7. Why might it be reasonable to think pathological and developmental aspects of identity?
8. What is unique about a revolution or awareness of identity as discussed by Erikson in chapter eight "Race and Wider Identity"?
9. What is the role of ideologies and identity development?
10. According to post-Freudian theory, how is culture developed around women?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)