|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson state the ego is in that it knows and understands where it wants to go?
(b) Forward looking.
2. What does Erikson feel has barker elements that may not be wholly sincere?
(a) Helpless feelings of women.
(b) Emancipation of women.
(c) Oppression of women.
(d) Identity of women.
3. Considering Erikson's theory of group identity development, what are cultures often led to do concerning their values?
(a) Give them up.
(b) Confirm them.
(c) Modify them.
(d) Absolutize them.
4. How does Erikson say black males have been exploited?
(a) As humans.
(d) As domestic animals.
5. According to Erikson, what action by youth may lead to dangerous behaviors?
(a) Trying to gain independence.
(b) Not seeking support during identity development.
(c) Thinking they know everything.
(d) Doubting elders.
6. What according to Erikson, what involves testing, selecting, and integrating self images?
(b) Ego identity.
(d) Community structures.
7. What does Erikson risk in plotting a new course of understanding regarding identity and ego development?
(a) Offending other scientists.
(b) There are no risks.
(c) Finding the truth.
(d) Being one sided.
8. What dose Erikson say psychoanalysts' fail to recognize about the ego?
(a) It depends on the individual.
(b) It cannot exist without human social organization.
(c) It is based solely on environment.
(d) It can exist without human social organization.
9. What is the nature of psychoanalysis as viewed by Erikson?
10. Why does Erikson state that remorseful majorities be watched?
(a) They may lose their identity.
(b) They may become oppressed.
(c) They may not really be remorseful.
(d) They may repeat habitual patterns.
11. Who does Erikson use as an example to discuss the identity of blacks?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) W.E.B. DuBois.
(c) Martian Luther King.
12. What does Erikson state is difficult for black mothers in terms of their children?
(a) Allow them to search for their own identity.
(b) Teach them about identity.
(c) Keep them educated.
(d) Let them go through the stages of development.
13. What does Erikson feel about psychoanalysts' use of biology?
(a) It is innovative.
(b) Shallow and inaccurate.
(c) It has not place in the study of identity.
(d) It is important to the study of identity.
14. How does Erikson feel various features of humanity should be examined?
(a) Through discussion.
(b) They need not be examined.
(d) Through observations.
15. Considering Freud's elements of the mind, what are the counterweights of the ego?
(a) Self and society.
(b) Id and superego.
(c) Id and society.
(d) Environment and society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Freud's theory of identity, Ego identity results in two actions, one of which is synthesizing the frontiers of the ego; what is the other action?
2. What does Erikson propose reflects the body, personality, and social roles of the person?
3. What are women able to process better than men, according to Erikson?
4. For women, as proposed by Erikson, when does adulthood begin?
5. How does Erikson feel the majority of women react to feminists?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)