|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Womanhood and the Inner Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dose Erikson say psychoanalysts' fail to recognize about the ego?
(a) It depends on the individual.
(b) It can exist without human social organization.
(c) It cannot exist without human social organization.
(d) It is based solely on environment.
2. In light of Erikson's view on identity development within communities, what must communities recognize in youth?
(a) Their energy.
(b) Their rebellion.
(c) Their identity.
(d) Their lack of identity.
3. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) Social conflict.
(b) Distinct processes.
(c) Identity confusion.
(d) Inner and outer conflict.
4. How does Erikson feel various features of humanity should be examined?
(b) Through observations.
(c) They need not be examined.
(d) Through discussion.
5. Considering Erikson's stages of identity development, how long does a six stage of identity development last?
(a) Into adulthood.
(b) Only throughout late adulthood.
(c) Throughout adolescence.
(d) A lifetime.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Erikson's second stage of development, what does the individual gain when identity has developed in a healthy manner?
2. What are two characteristics Erikson applies to the task of the ego in order to maintain and organize its existence?
3. What does the success of identification during Erikson's stages of development depend on?
4. What does Erikson suggest has led to the focus on women's position in the world?
5. In terms of Erikson's theory of individual development, what is required in order to transcend toward individuality?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)