|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Shaw exposed to as a child?
(a) Music making.
(c) Mental illness.
2. What is one thing that Erikson states comes with each stage of identity development?
(a) Understanding of self.
(b) A widening social radius.
(c) An emotional separation.
(d) Closing off of society.
3. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) Inner and outer conflict.
(b) Identity confusion.
(c) Distinct processes.
(d) Social conflict.
4. As discussed by Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when a system either biological or social malfunctions?
(c) Restart of identity formation.
(d) Identity loss.
5. What does Erikson feel the biological process of psychoanalysis has become?
(b) The forefront of study.
(d) Essential but not emphasized enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In observing groups of people being reeducated by American civil servants, what reason does Erikson provide for why this group became frustrated and identity development?
2. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
3. According to Erikson, what does totalitarianism require of society?
4. In terms of Erikson's theory of individual development, what is required in order to transcend toward individuality?
5. In the beginning of the 20th century, what demonstrated the possibility to destroy human kind?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)