|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Freud, what is the second stage of identity development called?
(a) Latent stage.
(b) Phallic stage.
(c) Anal stage.
(d) Oral stage.
2. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
3. What two components within Erikson's theory are important for youth to base their identities on?
(a) Childhood and ideologies.
(b) Ideologies and the future.
(c) Morals and community structure.
(d) Future and childhood.
4. Because of an individual's tendency to define self based on history, what does Erikson think this self-based history leave little room for the individual to create?
(a) New identity.
(b) New support systems.
(c) New traditions.
(d) New understanding.
5. In light of Erikson's view on identity development within communities, what must communities recognize in youth?
(a) Their energy.
(b) Their rebellion.
(c) Their lack of identity.
(d) Their identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the process of identity formation began?
2. During the third stage of Erikson's theory of development, what may occur if an individual's initiatives or attempts at something continually fail?
3. What does Erikson feel may have been lost to modernity?
4. What does Erikson propose reflects the body, personality, and social roles of the person?
5. What do youth try to balance while going through Erikson's stages of identity development?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)