|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Erikson in Chapter 2, what occurs when the ego combines elements that result in an inability to form a positive self-image?
(a) Negative identity formation.
(b) Ego synthesis fails.
(d) No identity formation.
2. What might gaining a stronger self identity correspond to in relation to the majority of the population?
(b) Emancipation from society.
(c) A strong societal bond.
3. What according to Erikson, what involves testing, selecting, and integrating self images?
(b) Ego identity.
(d) Community structures.
4. In light of Erikson's view on identity development within communities, what must communities recognize in youth?
(a) Their identity.
(b) Their rebellion.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their lack of identity.
5. What is one thing that Erikson states comes with each stage of identity development?
(a) A widening social radius.
(b) An emotional separation.
(c) Closing off of society.
(d) Understanding of self.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the third stage of Erikson's theory of development, what may occur if an individual's initiatives or attempts at something continually fail?
2. What does Erikson state that childhood and youth predispose men to?
3. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
4. What does Erikson indicate many psychoanalysts think humans are predisposed to do?
5. What type of groups, as proposed by Erikson, often play on the various needs of youth?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)