|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest society's child training systems does for the uniqueness of society?
(a) Provide meaning.
(b) Preserve it.
(c) Strengthen it.
(d) Increase standard of living.
2. What term does Erikson use to refer to the methods used throughout history to integrate identity?
(a) Methods of identity.
(b) Methods of conformity.
(c) Methods of group formation.
(d) Methods of acquisition.
3. During the process of Erikson's stages of identity development, what will depend on the total process of identity development?
(b) Psychosocial strength.
4. What does Erikson suggest offers simplified perspectives in order to avoid confusion of societal beliefs and goals?
(b) Social understanding.
(c) Community structure.
5. What to processes, according to Erikson as discussed in Chapter 5, are tied together?
(a) Ego and social.
(b) Social and environmental.
(c) Ego and environmental.
(d) Ego and self identification.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was William James obsessed with his entire life?
2. What does Erikson wish youth would search for?
3. What is present within each period of Erikson's theory of identity development?
4. What can reinforce the process of negative identity formation in terms of Erikson's stages of identity development?
5. What does Erikson state is the first age of identity development involve in terms of conflict?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)