|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Toward Contemporary Issues, Youth.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to create a positive ego what does Erikson state must be tested?
(a) Ability for introspection.
(b) Mental acuity.
(c) Current intelligence and identity.
(d) Current reality against identity.
2. According to the discussion in Chapter 2, the process of the ego helps individuals maintain their personalities and what type of fashion?
3. During the Erikson's second stage of development, what does the individual gain when identity has developed in a healthy manner?
(c) Mental development.
(d) Confidence and control over himself.
4. According to Erikson in terms of active identity formation individual who now can say they know where they are going, what has occurred?
(a) Psychological superiority.
(b) Identity completion.
(c) Psychosocial well-being.
5. How does man quantify attributes of himself philosophically and psychologically in terms of Erikson's views of identity development?
(a) Uses the words Us and We.
(b) Accepts imperfections.
(c) Uses the words I and self.
(d) Understands the whole society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does Erikson use in Foundations of Observation to clarify the disintegration of ego synthesis?
2. What may be gained as an individual enters Erikson's final stage of development when their overall development has been positive and healthy?
3. Erikson states that we deal with the process located in the core of the individual and where else?
4. What do youth desire as they go through Erikson's stages of identity development?
5. What aspects of Freud's theory of development does a functional ego integrate?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)