|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Theoretical Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the Erikson's system of the self-concept, what is produced by the ego?
2. What do the elements of the self produce in light of Erikson's theory of identity development?
(a) A potential identity.
(b) An understanding.
(c) A composite of self.
(d) A composite of society.
3. Because of an individual's tendency to define self based on history, what does Erikson think this self-based history leave little room for the individual to create?
(a) New understanding.
(b) New traditions.
(c) New identity.
(d) New support systems.
4. What example does Erikson use in Foundations of Observation to clarify the disintegration of ego synthesis?
(b) Natural disasters.
(d) Wartime trauma.
5. What does Freud's consciousness of inner identity include?
(a) Bitter pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the core part of identity formation that cannot be separated from this formation?
2. In order to create a positive ego what does Erikson state must be tested?
3. During the third stage of Erikson's theory of development, what may occur if an individual's initiatives or attempts at something continually fail?
4. What is unique about each stage of Erikson's stages of identity development?
5. What does George Bernard Shaw despise?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)