|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Theoretical Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
(c) The ego.
2. What does Erikson's theory suggest concerning how children gain a sense of what their adult identities should be?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Learning about being an adult.
(c) By looking to community members.
(d) It comes natural.
3. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
(c) Positive identity.
(d) Negative identity.
4. According to Erikson, what stage is highly dependent on and individuals and ability to gain acceptance?
(a) Industry vs. inferiority.
(b) Intimacy vs. isolation.
(c) Trust vs. mistrust.
(d) Autonomy vs. shame.
5. Considering Erikson's theory of groups identity development, what type of group demands does ego identity help balance?
(b) Negative identities.
(c) Leadership conflicts.
(d) Members passions and instincts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Erikson feel about how psychologists treat social dynamics and external social elements?
2. What does Erikson state the ego is in that it knows and understands where it wants to go?
3. What term does Erikson use to refer to the methods used throughout history to integrate identity?
4. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
5. During Erikson's final stage of development, individuals having a sense of Generativity may engage in what type of activities?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)