|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Theoretical Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Erikson's final stage of development, individuals having a sense of Generativity may engage in what type of activities?
(a) Planing for the future.
(b) Finding a new job.
(c) Leading future generations to succeed.
2. As noted in Chapter 2, how can false or inaccurate ego identity formations be corrected after being developed by parents in terms of group identity development?
(a) By reworking associations.
(b) By immersion.
(c) They cannot be corrected.
(d) Through psychotherapy.
3. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
(a) Positive identity.
(c) Negative identity.
4. In the early 20th century, totalitarian disposition is best understood as what?
(a) The self as separate from others.
(b) It was not understood at all.
(c) A universal human related to all parts of human nature.
(d) Community needs.
5. What does Erikson state the ego is in that it knows and understands where it wants to go?
(b) Forward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
2. What does the success of identification during Erikson's stages of development depend on?
3. How does Erikson feel adults eventually settle on an identity?
4. What to processes, according to Erikson as discussed in Chapter 5, are tied together?
5. What does Erikson state that childhood and youth predispose men to?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)