|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Theoretical Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erikson believe is an intrinsic part of maturation?
(a) Identity crisis.
(c) Identity formation.
(d) Questioning one's identity.
2. Where does Erikson feel our self representations stem from?
(c) Psychosocial crises of childhood.
(d) Future prospects.
3. How does man quantify attributes of himself philosophically and psychologically in terms of Erikson's views of identity development?
(a) Uses the words I and self.
(b) Uses the words Us and We.
(c) Accepts imperfections.
(d) Understands the whole society.
4. What does Shaw find his childhood exposures to have been?
(b) Intrusively noisy.
5. Why does Erikson warn the reader not to expect any solid development of mythology in terms of integrating the work on identity over the past two decades?
(a) They cannot be integrated.
(b) It is too complex to understand.
(c) The world changes too quickly.
(d) It will only cause more identity confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erikson suggest is in the domain of the inter agency that produces a coherent existence?
2. What do most new generations confront as a result of scientific and technological changes?
3. What is the core part of identity formation that cannot be separated from this formation?
4. What does Freud suggest a fearless freedom of thinking is?
5. Erikson feels that Freud's intellect is a gift that stems from what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)