|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sedaris's elf name?
2. Where is baby Don found dead in the house?
3. At Sedaris's cafeteria, the customer is always ________.
4. What is the name of Dinah's boyfriend?
5. According to Sedaris, Sallie Mae is located where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day that Jocelyn asks Khe Sahn to watch baby Don?
2. What are some of the experiences Sedaris has with the adults who visit SantaLand?
3. What does David think about while he washes dishes at the cafeteria?
4. What is the decor of the Piccadilly Cafeteria like?
5. Who is Khe Sahn in "Season's Greetings to Our Friends and Family!!!"?
6. What does Sedaris find annoying about his co-workers at SantaLand?
7. What are some of the jobs Sedaris does as Crumpet the elf?
8. What does Sedaris come to realize as increasing numbers of customers go through the line at Piccadilly cafeteria?
9. What happens when Lisa and David take Dinah home with them?
10. What are Jocelyn Dunbar's complaints about Khe Sahn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the moral ambiguity demonstrated in "Based Upon A True Story"? How does Jim Timothy represent the gray areas of the modern entertainment media?
Essay Topic 2
What qualities does Jocelyn Dunbar embody both as a character and as a narrator of the story? What makes her a reliable or unreliable narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the irony of the situation for the following characters: Jocelyn Dunbar, young David Sedaris and Jim Timothy.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)