|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Timothy's interns only open letters from where?
2. According to Thaddeus Bristol, what has no place in the theater?
(b) Cute children.
(c) Christmas spirit.
(d) Parental pride.
3. What might the narrator of "Christmas Means Giving" give his wife for a stocking stuffer?
(a) Fur-lined jeans.
(b) Bowling ball shiner.
(c) Hedge polisher.
(d) New car.
4. Thaddeus Bristol compares the performance at Scottsfield Elementary School to what?
(a) Mushy stuffing.
(b) Overstuffed turkey.
(c) Pumpkin pie.
(d) Stale bread.
5. What was Jim Timothy put in charge of at a rival network?
(a) Dramatic programming.
(b) Soap operas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cottinghams die from in "Christmas Means Giving"?
2. The main problem Thaddeus Bristol sees in all the shows is the actors eagerness to ________.
3. What is Jim Timothy working on now?
4. What does Jim Timothy say is an indication he is not from the area?
5. Thaddeus Bristol compares the smiles of the children actors to what at the end of his tirade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the narrator's Christmas card in "Christmas Means Giving"?
2. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
3. What do the Cottingham's and then narrator give to the beggar starting on the next Thanksgiving?
4. What is the great choice that Jim Timothy suggests the people of Jasper's Breath have in front of them?
5. What did Thaddeus Bristol have to say about the performances of Mary and Joseph in the Sacred Heart Elementary school play?
6. What do the Cottingham's usually send out as a Christmas card?
7. What is the premise of 'Front Row Center with Thaddeus Bristol "?
8. Who is Jim Timothy?
9. What is particularly disturbing about Beth's medical contributions?
10. How does the giving contest become gruesome in "Christmas Means Giving"?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)