|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim Timothy call the marriage of mini-series and holiday special?
2. What is the narrator's family watching after a "gut busting" Thanksgiving dinner in "Christmas Means Giving"?
3. What does Doug Cottingham have a collection of?
(a) Post-Coumbian pottery.
(b) Pre-Cambrian death beds.
(c) Post-Lincolnian pipes.
(d) Pre-Columbian sofa beds.
4. What do the Cottinghams give the beggar the second Thanksgiving he comes along?
(b) Eight-track tape deck.
(d) Sun lamp.
5. The narrator of "Christmas Means Giving" says generosity can should induce feelings of _________ in others.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator and his wife Beth in "Christmas Means Giving" set the neighborhood standard for what?
2. Thaddeus Bristol compares the three wise men to what in one performance?
3. What do the Cottinghams give the beggar the first time?
4. What do the Cottinghams send out for a Christmas card?
5. What does Beth die from in "Christmas Means Giving"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Cottingham's and then narrator give to the beggar starting on the next Thanksgiving?
2. What do the Cottingham's usually send out as a Christmas card?
3. What happens one Thanksgiving when a beggar knocks on the narrator's door in "Christmas Means Giving"?
4. What does Jim Timothy offer the members of the congregation if they help him?
5. What does Thaddeus Bristol see as the flaws in "A Reindeer's Gift" at Scottsfield Elementary?
6. What has been the trajectory of Jim Timothy's career?
7. How does the narrator describe his feelings on the last Christmas described in "Christmas Means Giving"?
8. What is Jim Timothy's definition of Art?
9. Who is Jim Timothy?
10. What is particularly disturbing about Beth's medical contributions?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)