|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thaddeus Bristol is gagging from the smell of spray painted ______.
(c) Angel wings.
2. What does Thaddeus Bristol compare children's Christmas pageants to at the beginning of his story?
3. What was Jim Timothy put in charge of at a rival network?
(a) Dramatic programming.
(d) Soap operas.
4. The narrator has three grills: one for beef, one for chicken and one for ________.
(b) Baked Alaska.
(d) Oriental pancakes.
5. What is Thaddeus Bristol's opinion of "A Christmas Carol" in general?
(a) A classic.
(b) A masterpiece.
(c) A stinker.
(d) A dud.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jim Timothy the child whose mother performed surgery was dying of _________.
2. Thaddeus Bristol says it's hard to look past Dickens' what?
3. How old is the director of "A Christmas Carol"?
4. What show does Thaddeus Bristol say the Scottsfield Dinner Theater put on in 1994?
5. What odor does Thaddeus Bristol complain about at the first school performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Cottingham's and then narrator give to the beggar starting on the next Thanksgiving?
2. How does Jim Timothy's studio gain the rights to real life stories?
3. What is Jim Timothy's definition of Art?
4. Why is Jim Timothy interested in one of the church members?
5. How does the giving contest become gruesome in "Christmas Means Giving"?
6. Whose performance receives the only compliment from Thaddeus Bristol?
7. What did Thaddeus Bristol have to say about the performances of Mary and Joseph in the Sacred Heart Elementary school play?
8. How does "Christmas Means Giving" end?
9. What is particularly disturbing about Beth's medical contributions?
10. What does Thaddeus Bristol see as the irony in the Christmas pageants he critiques?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)