|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doug Cottingham have a collection of?
(a) Pre-Cambrian death beds.
(b) Post-Coumbian pottery.
(c) Pre-Columbian sofa beds.
(d) Post-Lincolnian pipes.
2. What does Jim Timothy call the marriage of mini-series and holiday special?
3. Jim Timothy touts his skills as a __________.
4. What was Jim Timothy put in charge of at a rival network?
(b) Soap operas.
(c) Dramatic programming.
5. What do the Cottinghams die from in "Christmas Means Giving"?
6. What is Thaddeus Bristol's opinion of "A Christmas Carol" in general?
(a) A stinker.
(b) A masterpiece.
(c) A classic.
(d) A dud.
7. What would the narrator use a silver wand for on Christmas day in "Christmas Means Giving"?
(a) Stabbing beggars.
(b) Throwing up.
(c) Granting wishes.
8. What do the Cottinghams give the beggar the second Thanksgiving he comes along?
(a) Eight-track tape deck.
(d) Sun lamp.
9. Thaddeus Bristol compares the performance at Scottsfield Elementary School to what?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Pumpkin pie.
(c) Mushy stuffing.
(d) Overstuffed turkey.
10. What was Jim Timothy's show about rednecks called?
(a) "American Idiots."
(b) "Eight is Too Much."
(c) "Crackers 'n' Company."
(d) "Oh, Susannah."
11. What kind of appliance does Jim Timothy offer each member of the church congregation?
12. Thaddeus Bristol says Christmas signifies these three things EXCEPT one:
(a) Bad movies.
(b) Worse theater.
(c) Terrible music.
(d) Unforgivable television.
13. Tiny Tim's performance rivals the ________ for brightness.
(a) Exit sign.
(b) Street light.
14. Before visiting the church, where else has Jim Timothy recently been?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
15. Thaddeus Bristol compares the smiles of the children actors to what at the end of his tirade?
(a) Bungee cords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cottinghams send out for a Christmas card?
2. What does Jim Timothy say Christmas is about?
3. What might the narrator of "Christmas Means Giving" give his wife for a stocking stuffer?
4. What show does Thaddeus Bristol say the Scottsfield Dinner Theater put on in 1994?
5. Thaddeus Bristol is particularly troubled by the casting of __________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)