|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Cottinghams donate Eileen to _________.
(a) A beggar.
(b) A needy family.
(c) A pirate crew.
2. How much time does Jim Timothy give the congregation to take him up on his offer?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 minutes.
3. What do the Cottinghams give the beggar the first time?
(a) A coat.
(b) A bite in the leg.
(c) A turkey leg.
(d) A dollar.
4. Thaddeus Bristol compares the three wise men to what in one performance?
(a) Three Stooges.
(b) Three babies.
(c) Three birds on a fence.
(d) Three amigoes.
5. What do the Cottinghams give the beggar the second Thanksgiving he comes along?
(a) Sun lamp.
(d) Eight-track tape deck.
6. Thaddeus Bristol compares the performance at Scottsfield Elementary School to what?
(a) Pumpkin pie.
(b) Stale bread.
(c) Overstuffed turkey.
(d) Mushy stuffing.
7. What does Thaddeus Bristol refer to the performers as at Jane Snow-Hernandez Elementary School?
8. What kind of suit is Jim Timothy wearing in church?
(a) Savile Row.
(b) Ralph Lauren.
(d) Tommy Hilfiger.
9. Who is the attorney of the mother her performed surgery on her own son in "Based Upon a True Story"?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
10. The narrator of "Christmas Means Giving" says generosity can should induce feelings of _________ in others.
11. What do the Cottinghams immediately build next door to the narrator?
(a) Movie theater.
(c) Skating rink.
12. Thaddeus Bristol compares the smiles of the children actors to what at the end of his tirade?
(d) Bungee cords.
13. According to Jim Timothy the child whose mother performed surgery was dying of _________.
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Heart failure.
14. What is the narrator's family watching after a "gut busting" Thanksgiving dinner in "Christmas Means Giving"?
15. Where does the mother perform surgery on her own son, according to Jim Timothy?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Thaddeus Bristol, what has no place in the theater?
2. What is the name of the Cottingham's maid?
3. Before visiting the church, where else has Jim Timothy recently been?
4. What does Jim Timothy offer to the pastor of the church?
5. What does he narrator give the beggar the first time he sees him in "Christmas Means Giving"?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)