|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
2. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
3. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
4. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
5. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
2. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
3. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
4. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
5. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
6. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
7. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
8. Who did Bill call for a job?
9. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
10. What did Bill eventually find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)