|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
2. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
3. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
4. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
5. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
2. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
3. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
4. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
5. What did Bill eventually find?
6. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
7. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
8. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
9. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
10. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)