|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
2. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
3. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
4. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
5. What book did Dario give Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
2. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
3. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
4. What did Bill eventually find?
5. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
6. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
7. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
8. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
9. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
10. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Batali opened a pizzeria that had a lot of success despite having "inedible" pizzas. Do you think cuisine is losing the fight of good taste against processed food and that people have lower standards for what is good?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)