|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
2. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
3. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
4. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
5. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
2. Who did Bill call for a job?
3. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
4. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
5. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
6. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
7. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
8. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
9. What did Bill eventually find?
10. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)