|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
2. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
3. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
5. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
2. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
3. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
4. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
5. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
6. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
7. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
8. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
9. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
10. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Batali opened a pizzeria that had a lot of success despite having "inedible" pizzas. Do you think cuisine is losing the fight of good taste against processed food and that people have lower standards for what is good?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)