|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
2. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
3. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
4. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
5. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Bill call for a job?
2. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
3. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
4. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
5. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
6. What did Bill eventually find?
7. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
8. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
9. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
10. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)