|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
2. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
3. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
4. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
5. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
2. Who did Bill call for a job?
3. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
4. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
5. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
6. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
7. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
8. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
9. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
10. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)