|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
2. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
3. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
4. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
5. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. Who did Bill call for a job?
4. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
5. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
6. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
7. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
8. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
9. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
10. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
Essay Topic 3
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)