|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
2. What made Chianines special?
3. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
4. What book did Dario give Bill?
5. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
2. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
3. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
4. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
5. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
6. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
7. Who did Bill call for a job?
8. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
9. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
10. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Buford intertwines elements of a memoir, biography, and tutorial into his writing.
Essay Topic 2
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)