|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
2. Why did Dario return to the family business?
3. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
4. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
5. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
2. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
3. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
4. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
5. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
6. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
7. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
8. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
9. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
10. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Algonquin Round Table with the group of chefs that met at Blue Ribbon.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)