|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
2. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
3. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
4. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
5. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
2. What did Bill eventually find?
3. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
4. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
5. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
6. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
7. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
8. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
9. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
10. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)