|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
2. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
3. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
4. What was Bill's wife's name?
5. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
2. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
3. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
4. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
5. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
6. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
7. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
8. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
9. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
10. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
Essay Topic 3
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)