|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andy's restaurant named?
2. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
3. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
4. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
5. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
2. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
3. Who did Bill call for a job?
4. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
5. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
6. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
7. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
8. What did Bill eventually find?
9. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
10. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Algonquin Round Table with the group of chefs that met at Blue Ribbon.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
Essay Topic 3
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)