|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Chianines special?
2. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
3. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
4. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
5. When was Babbo awarded 3 stars according to Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
2. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
3. What did Bill eventually find?
4. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
5. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
6. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
7. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
8. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
9. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
10. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
Essay Topic 2
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)