|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
2. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
3. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
4. Who fixed the best pasta Bill ever tasted?
5. Who took over Andy's job at Babbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
2. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
3. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
4. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
5. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
6. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
7. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
8. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
9. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
10. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Algonquin Round Table with the group of chefs that met at Blue Ribbon.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)