|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
2. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
3. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
4. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
5. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)