|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dario's father die of?
2. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
3. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
4. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
5. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
4. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
5. Who did Bill call for a job?
6. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
7. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
8. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
9. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
10. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
Essay Topic 3
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)