|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
2. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
3. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
4. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
5. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
2. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
3. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
4. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
5. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
6. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
7. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
8. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
9. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
10. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)