|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
2. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
3. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
4. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
5. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
2. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
3. What did Bill eventually find?
4. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
5. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
6. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
7. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
8. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
9. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
10. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Buford intertwines elements of a memoir, biography, and tutorial into his writing.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)