|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
2. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
3. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
4. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
5. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
2. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
3. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
4. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
5. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
6. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
7. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
8. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
9. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
10. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
Essay Topic 3
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)