|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andy's restaurant named?
2. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
3. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
4. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
5. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
2. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
3. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
4. Who did Bill call for a job?
5. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
6. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
7. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
8. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
9. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
10. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)