|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
2. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
3. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
4. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
5. What is Red Chili Jelly called in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
2. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
3. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
4. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
5. Who did Bill call for a job?
6. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
7. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
8. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
9. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
10. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
Essay Topic 2
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)