|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
2. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
3. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
4. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
5. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
2. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
3. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
4. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
5. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
6. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
7. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
8. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
9. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
10. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)