|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
2. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
3. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
4. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
5. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Bill call for a job?
2. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
3. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
4. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
5. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
6. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
7. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
8. What did Bill eventually find?
9. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
10. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)