|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
2. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
3. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
4. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
5. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
2. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
3. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
4. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
5. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
6. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
7. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
8. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
9. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
10. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
Essay Topic 2
Batali opened a pizzeria that had a lot of success despite having "inedible" pizzas. Do you think cuisine is losing the fight of good taste against processed food and that people have lower standards for what is good?
Essay Topic 3
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)