|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
2. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
3. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
4. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
5. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
2. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
3. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
4. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
5. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
6. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
7. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
8. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
9. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
10. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Algonquin Round Table with the group of chefs that met at Blue Ribbon.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)