|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
2. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
3. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
4. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
5. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bill Buford?
2. What did Batali need to learn?
3. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
4. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
5. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
6. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
7. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
8. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
9. What job did Batali turn down and why?
10. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
Essay Topic 2
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
Essay Topic 3
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)