|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Batali's father profession?
2. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
3. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
4. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
5. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
2. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
3. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
4. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
5. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
6. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
7. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
8. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
9. Who is Bill Buford?
10. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)