|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
2. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
3. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
4. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
5. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
2. What did Batali need to learn?
3. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
4. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
5. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
6. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
7. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
8. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
9. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
10. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 2
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)