|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ragu?
2. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
3. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
4. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
5. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
2. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
3. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
4. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
5. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
6. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
7. What job did Batali turn down and why?
8. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
9. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
10. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how criticism among employees and changes in the kitchen affect the staff and quality of a restaurant.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)