|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
2. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
3. What is polenta?
4. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
5. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
2. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
3. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
4. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
5. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
6. What did Bill regret?
7. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
8. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
9. What did Batali need to learn?
10. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)