|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
2. What was Batali's father profession?
3. When did Bill first made polenta?
4. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
5. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
2. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
3. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
4. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
5. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
6. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
7. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
8. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
9. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
10. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how criticism among employees and changes in the kitchen affect the staff and quality of a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)