|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
2. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
3. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
4. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
5. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
2. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
3. Who did Bill call for a job?
4. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
5. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
6. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
7. What did Batali need to learn?
8. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
9. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
10. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
Essay Topic 1
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Buford intertwines elements of a memoir, biography, and tutorial into his writing.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)