|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
2. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
3. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
4. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
5. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
4. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
5. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
6. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
7. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
8. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
9. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
10. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 2
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
Essay Topic 3
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)