|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
2. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
3. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
4. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
5. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Batali need to learn?
2. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
3. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
4. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
5. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
6. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
7. Who is Bill Buford?
8. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
9. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
10. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how criticism among employees and changes in the kitchen affect the staff and quality of a restaurant.
Essay Topic 3
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)