|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
2. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
3. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
4. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
5. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
2. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
3. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
4. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
5. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
6. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
7. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
8. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
9. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
10. Who is Bill Buford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Food Network can be credited for making chef superstars. Do you think personality is more important than good cooking for a TV chef?
Essay Topic 2
Bill read a lot of cook books, some several hundred years old and also was taught family recipes that were transferred verbally. Do you think written recipes prevent cooking for evolving or do you think written recipes are worth the trade by promulgating cooking to the masses?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the reason Batali gave for not completing cooking school were valid? Can his reasoning apply to other professions?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)