|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
2. Why was Holly Burling hired?
3. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
4. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
5. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
2. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
3. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
4. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
5. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
6. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
7. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
8. What did Bill regret?
9. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
10. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)