|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
2. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
3. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
4. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
5. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
2. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
3. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
4. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
5. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
6. Who is Bill Buford?
7. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
8. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
9. What did Batali need to learn?
10. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the stations which Buford worked at and discuss his experience on the station.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)