|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
2. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
3. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
4. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
5. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
2. What did Bill regret?
3. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
4. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
5. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
6. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
7. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
8. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
9. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
10. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dario and Giovanni had bad blood between them after Giovanni decide to prevent his sister from dating Dario's son. Bill says in the book that most of society dismissed such a "caste" system. Do you think it to be true in the U.S. society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how criticism among employees and changes in the kitchen affect the staff and quality of a restaurant.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Buford's reasons for wanting to work in the Babbo kitchen, and determine why he chose not to open a restaurant.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)