|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
2. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
3. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
4. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
5. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Batali turn down and why?
2. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
3. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
4. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
5. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
6. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
7. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
8. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
9. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
10. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the organizational system (brigade system) of a kitchen makes successful chefs?
Essay Topic 3
Batali opened a pizzeria that had a lot of success despite having "inedible" pizzas. Do you think cuisine is losing the fight of good taste against processed food and that people have lower standards for what is good?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)