|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
2. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
3. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
4. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
5. What restaurant did Batali study in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
2. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
3. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
4. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
5. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
6. Who is Bill Buford?
7. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
8. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
9. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
10. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship Buford had with Batali with the relationship Buford had with Dario.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Bill used his book on Batali as an excuse to try and work in a professional kitchen? Was becoming a cook necessary for the book to be written? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Algonquin Round Table with the group of chefs that met at Blue Ribbon.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)