|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the expediter at Babbo Restaurant?
2. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
3. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
4. What is polenta made of?
5. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
2. What did Batali need to learn?
3. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
4. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
5. Who is Bill Buford?
6. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
7. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
8. What job did Batali turn down and why?
9. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
10. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Common thought is that women seldom make it in the restaurant industry. Based on Buford's book, do you think that this statement is true? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Kitchen politics is an important part of why Bill desired to move on from the Babbo's kitchen. Do you think, based on Bill's writing, that the kitchen is like a military structure or more like an organized chaos.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the similarities and differences of Bill and Batali, including how they are perceived by others in the book.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)