|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
2. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
3. What did Batali do on his TV show?
4. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
5. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
2. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
3. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
4. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
5. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
6. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
7. What did Batali need to learn?
8. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
9. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
10. What did Bill regret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how criticism among employees and changes in the kitchen affect the staff and quality of a restaurant.
Essay Topic 2
The star system is the most preponderant way people rate restaurant. News paper and dedicated publications like the "New York Times" or the Michelin Guide provide ratings but websites also do. Which rating system would you trust the most when choosing a restaurant?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)