|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Batali say Ragu is?
2. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
3. What is Ragu?
4. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
5. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
2. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
3. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
4. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
5. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
6. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
7. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
8. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
9. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
10. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jessica, Buford's wife and Buford and examine the testing moment of their marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the relationship Buford had with Betta with the relationship Batali had with Betta.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that Italian restaurants would be wise to use "slaves" to fill positions in their kitchens? What other methods could Italian restaurants use to teach their craft?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)