|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
(a) The critic was making faces while eating.
(b) His waiter did not recognize the critic until his final visit.
(c) Bill was the critic.
(d) His waiter stopped a critic from entering.
2. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Watch for critics.
(b) Try to get big tips from critics.
(c) Act natural.
(d) Forbid critics from entering.
3. What made Chianines special?
(a) They fatten fast.
(b) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
(c) They were easily scared.
(d) They produced good milk.
4. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(c) Assist her.
(d) Practice with her.
5. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "La Dolce Vita."
(b) "O Solo Mio."
(c) "It's Now or Never."
(d) "Core 'ngrato."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
2. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
3. What is Red Chili Jelly called in Italy?
4. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
5. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
2. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
3. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
4. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
5. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
6. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
7. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
8. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
9. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
10. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)