|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Sharpen it.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Give it to the next intern.
(d) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
2. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They didn't know each other.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were angry at each other.
3. What was Andy's restaurant named?
(a) Caso bueno.
(d) Casa Mono.
4. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her daughters.
(c) Her mother and aunts.
(d) Her father and uncles.
5. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
2. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
3. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
4. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
5. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
2. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
3. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
4. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
5. Who did Bill call for a job?
6. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
7. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
8. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
9. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
10. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)