|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
(c) Sharpen it.
(d) Give it to the next intern.
2. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were angry at each other.
(c) They were best friends.
(d) They didn't know each other.
3. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) His cooking was perfection.
(b) That his waiters were poorly trained.
(c) That he could not cook.
(d) That the decor was good.
4. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He did not like teaching.
(b) He could not remain celibate.
(c) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
(d) He failed the veterinarian exam.
5. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
2. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
3. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
4. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
5. What is Red Chili Jelly called in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
2. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
3. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
4. What did Bill arrange to buy when he and his wife returned to New York in Chapter 24?
5. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
6. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
7. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
8. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
9. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
10. Who did Bill call for a job?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)