|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 15 days.
2. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Made the evening meal.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Make sauces sold at the shop.
3. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That the flour used is not the same.
(b) That not two recipes are alike.
(c) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(d) That all recipes are identical.
4. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
(a) They were more and more non Italian born.
(b) They thrived.
(c) They were all women.
(d) They were slowly disappearing.
5. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
2. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
3. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
4. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
5. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
2. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
3. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
4. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
5. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
6. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
7. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
8. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
9. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
10. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)