|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
(a) Chuck flank.
(b) Baby back ribs.
(c) Pork chops.
2. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That he had a good crew.
(b) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
(c) That the critic liked the music.
(d) That the critic found his food good.
3. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(d) Ann Marie.
4. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That not two recipes are alike.
(b) That the flour used is not the same.
(c) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(d) That all recipes are identical.
5. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He was caught speeding.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He and his girlfriend broke up.
(d) He paid his taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
2. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
3. What was Bill's wife's name?
4. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
5. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
2. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
3. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
4. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
5. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
6. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
7. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
8. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
9. Who did Bill call for a job?
10. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)