|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cow.
(c) A recipe book Dario wrote.
(d) A book on beef cuts.
2. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The Washington Post."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "The New Yorker."
(d) "The New York Times."
3. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
(a) The writer who wrote the review was Batali's cousin.
(b) The writer who wrote the review was paid.
(c) The writer who wrote the review left.
(d) The writer who wrote the review died.
4. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He and his girlfriend broke up.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He paid his taxes.
(d) He was caught speeding.
5. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Shot to death.
(c) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
2. What was Bill's wife's name?
3. Why did Dario return to the family business?
4. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
5. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. Who did Bill call for a job?
4. What was Babbo awarded with in 1998 according to Chapter 29?
5. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
6. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
7. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
8. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
9. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
10. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)