|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bill's wife's name?
2. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
(a) If he could take her receipe.
(b) If she would come with him to Italy.
(c) If she could teach him.
(d) If she would write a book with him.
3. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) The prices were lowered.
(b) It closed.
(c) It was refurbished.
(d) Many people quit.
4. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That not two recipes are alike.
(b) That the flour used is not the same.
(c) That all recipes are identical.
(d) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
5. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
2. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
3. Why did Dario return to the family business?
4. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
5. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
4. What did the Maestro do when Bill said his goodbyes?
5. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
6. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
7. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
8. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
9. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
10. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)