|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) It was too little.
(b) It was too much money.
(c) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(d) He encouraged such orders.
2. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
(a) Leaving Italy for France.
(b) Supporting the French War against Italy.
(c) Giving Italian cooking secrets to the French.
(d) Not eating cheese.
3. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "O Solo Mio."
(b) "It's Now or Never."
(c) "La Dolce Vita."
(d) "Core 'ngrato."
4. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
(a) His son.
(d) His wife.
5. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a cheese factory.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a pasta maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
2. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
3. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
4. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
5. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
2. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
3. What was Dario's story based on Chapter 21?
4. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
5. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
6. What did Bill eventually find?
7. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
8. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
9. Why did everyone in the town talk about Giovanni's bull according to Chapter 27?
10. Why did Dario become irate in Chapter 26?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)