|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A veterinarian.
2. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Act natural.
(b) Watch for critics.
(c) Forbid critics from entering.
(d) Try to get big tips from critics.
3. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make spaghetti.
(b) How to make caneloni.
(c) How to make tortellini.
(d) How to make ravioli.
4. Who took over Andy's job at Babbo?
5. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) It was too much money.
(b) It was too little.
(c) He encouraged such orders.
(d) He still thought it was not appropriate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
2. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
3. When was Babbo awarded 3 stars according to Chapter 29?
4. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
5. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
2. What did Bill learn upon his return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
3. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
4. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
5. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
6. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
7. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
8. What was Batali convinced of after the award in 1998?
9. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
10. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)