|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Ishmael Romm.
(b) Sophia Mentini.
(c) Joe Bastianich.
(d) Joe Mariachy.
2. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) Batali criticized him.
(b) He wanted to move on.
(c) He dropped a fish.
(d) He had heat stroke.
3. What is polenta made of?
(c) Five different fishes.
(d) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
4. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Triest.
(b) The Po.
(c) The Vesuvius.
(d) The Ro.
5. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
2. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
3. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
4. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
5. What did Batali really want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
2. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
3. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
4. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
5. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
6. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
7. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
8. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
9. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
10. What did Batali need to learn?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)