|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Vesuvius.
(b) The Ro.
(c) The Po.
(d) The Triest.
2. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(b) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(c) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(d) He would have to be second for 6 months.
3. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He wanted to move on.
(b) Batali criticized him.
(c) He had heat stroke.
(d) He dropped a fish.
4. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To let him study in Italy.
(b) To let him take over Babbo.
(c) To let him out of his contract.
(d) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
5. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
(b) Frog legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
2. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
3. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
4. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
5. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
2. What did Bill regret?
3. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
4. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
5. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
6. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
7. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
8. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
9. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
10. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)