|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
2. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
3. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
4. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The worst paid chef of his age.
(b) The highest paid chef of his age.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The first American to have a kitchen.
5. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
(a) He had an interview schedule.
(b) He had a plane to catch.
(c) He needed to go to the hospital.
(d) He had a date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
2. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
3. What was Batali's father profession?
4. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
5. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
2. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
3. Who is Bill Buford?
4. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
5. What did Bill regret?
6. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
7. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
8. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
9. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
10. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)