|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) A health inspection.
(b) Andy's departure.
(c) Batali's new menu.
(d) Andy's anxiety.
2. What newspaper put Mario Batali on the map according to Bill?
(a) "The New York Sentinel."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The New York Observer."
3. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(a) An Italian cook.
(c) His wife.
4. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) Downturn in the economy.
(b) The resturant was sold.
(c) The cook left.
(d) Batali left.
5. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
2. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
3. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
4. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
5. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
2. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
3. What job did Batali turn down and why?
4. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
5. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
6. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
7. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
8. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
9. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
10. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)