|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed a lot of water.
(b) That it needed to be stirred.
(c) That it takes days to cook.
(d) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
2. What restaurant did Batali study in?
(a) La Betta.
(b) La Dolce Vita.
(c) La Volta.
(d) La Riana.
3. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
4. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Miriam Leonardi.
(b) Emilia Solimi.
(c) Roberta Tagliani.
(d) Sophia Romani.
5. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is polenta made of?
2. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
3. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
4. What is Ragu?
5. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Batali turn down and why?
2. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
3. What did Bill regret?
4. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
5. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
6. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
7. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
8. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
9. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
10. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)