|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) The only way to get good fish.
(b) Useless in his kitchen.
(c) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(d) A condiment.
2. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(d) Porretta Terme.
3. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
(a) "Food Magazine."
(b) "Granta Magazine."
(c) "Bien Manger Magazine."
(d) "Bon Appetit Magazine."
4. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) La Ventura.
(b) The Trattoria La Buca.
(c) Dolce Mio.
(d) La Dolce Vita.
5. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
(a) "De Menagare Pasta Alumina."
(b) "De Honest Valitudine."
(c) "De Volupta et Valitudine."
(d) "De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
2. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
3. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
4. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
5. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
2. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
3. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
4. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
5. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
6. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
7. What did Bill regret?
8. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
9. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
10. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)