|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Rober Kempt.
(b) Jonathan Lynne.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
(d) Anthony Matthews.
2. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
(b) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
(c) That he was part of the kitchen.
(d) That he wanted to quit.
3. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
(a) The fish station.
(b) The grill.
(c) The sauce station.
(d) The pasta station.
4. What is Ragu?
(a) A meat ball.
(b) The basic sauce served with pasta.
(c) A tomato sauce served on pizza.
(d) A fish sauce.
5. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
(a) "De Menagare Pasta Alumina."
(b) "De Honest Valitudine."
(c) "De Volupta et Valitudine."
(d) "De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine."
Short Answer Questions
1. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
2. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
3. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
4. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
5. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
2. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
3. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
4. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
5. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
6. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
7. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
8. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
9. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
10. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)