|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Dolce Vita.
(b) The Rocco.
(c) The Roccoco.
(d) The Po.
2. When did Bill first made polenta?
(a) At home.
(b) For a benefit dinner in Nashville.
(c) At the Babbo.
(d) At the Po.
3. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On Madison Avenue.
(b) On 1st Avenue.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) On 5th Avenue.
4. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
(a) Dominic Cipollone.
(b) Mark Barrett.
5. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He dressed him down.
(b) He fired him.
(c) He slapped him.
(d) He told him to take the night off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
2. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
3. Why was Holly Burling hired?
4. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
5. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
2. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
3. Who is Bill Buford?
4. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
5. What job did Batali turn down and why?
6. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
7. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
8. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
9. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
10. What did Bill regret?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)