|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(c) Porretta Terme.
2. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(b) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(c) The ingredients were different.
(d) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
3. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Roccoco.
(b) The Dolce Vita.
(c) The Po.
(d) The Rocco.
4. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The first American to have a kitchen.
(b) The youngest chef.
(c) The highest paid chef of his age.
(d) The worst paid chef of his age.
5. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(b) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(c) He would have to be second for 6 months.
(d) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
2. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
3. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
4. Why was Holly Burling hired?
5. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
2. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
3. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
4. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
5. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
6. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
7. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
8. Who is Bill Buford?
9. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
10. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)