|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
2. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
3. Why was Holly Burling hired?
(a) She studied in Batali's school.
(b) She accepted to work for free.
(c) She studied in Italy.
(d) She had 25 years experience.
4. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
5. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Become a veterinarian.
(b) Become an architect.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Have his own TV show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
2. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
3. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
4. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
5. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
2. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
3. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
4. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
5. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
6. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
7. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
8. What did Bill regret?
9. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
10. Who was Jonathan Lynne according to Chapter 13?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)