|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
(b) Deep dish pizzas.
(c) Flat pizzas.
(d) Meat pizzas.
2. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
3. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He told him to take the night off.
(b) He fired him.
(c) He slapped him.
(d) He dressed him down.
4. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to be second for 6 months.
(b) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(c) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(d) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
5. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own first aid kit.
(b) His own knives.
(c) His own towels.
(d) His own uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What newspaper put Mario Batali on the map according to Bill?
2. Who was the expediter at Babbo Restaurant?
3. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
4. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
5. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill regret?
2. Who came to work at Babbo's in Chapter 7?
3. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
4. What job did Batali turn down and why?
5. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
6. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
7. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
8. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
9. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
10. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)