|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was in a wheelchair.
(b) He was hard of hearing.
(c) He was dyslexic.
(d) He was blind.
2. What is Ragu?
(a) A meat ball.
(b) A fish sauce.
(c) A tomato sauce served on pizza.
(d) The basic sauce served with pasta.
3. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
(a) Spring 1986.
(b) Spring 1985.
(c) Spring 1988.
(d) Spring 1987
4. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
5. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to be second for 6 months.
(b) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(c) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(d) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
2. What was the name of the building where Batali opened his pizzeria?
3. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
4. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
5. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
2. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
3. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
4. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
5. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
6. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
7. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
8. What did Bill regret?
9. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
10. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)