|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
2. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) Half of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) A third of them.
3. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The grill station.
(b) The pasta station.
(c) The sauce station.
(d) The fish station.
4. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
5. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The Washington Post."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
(d) "The New York Post."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
2. What was Batali's father profession?
3. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
4. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
5. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
2. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
3. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
4. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
5. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
6. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
7. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
8. Why did Bill become focused on early recipes verses late recipes?
9. What did Bill and his wife become tired of?
10. What did Bill want to research at the end of Chapter 29?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)