|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
(a) The sauce station.
(b) The grill.
(c) The fish station.
(d) The pasta station.
2. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
3. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(b) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
(c) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(d) The ingredients were different.
4. What is polenta made of?
(b) Five different fishes.
(d) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
5. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Batali's father profession?
2. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
3. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
4. Why was Holly Burling hired?
5. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Batali turn down and why?
2. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
3. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
4. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
5. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
6. What did Bill regret?
7. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
8. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
9. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
10. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)