Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
(a) The smokey smell.
(b) A few burns.
(c) A good sauce.
(d) The mark of the grill.
2. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
3. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The grill station.
(b) The sauce station.
(c) The pasta station.
(d) The fish station.
4. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being fired.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(d) Being demoted.
5. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
(c) Mark Barrett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
2. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
3. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
4. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
5. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
2. What did Bill convince his wife to do at the start of Chapter 19?
3. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
4. Who suggested that Bill and Mark go to Italy?
5. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
6. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
7. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
8. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
9. Why did Bill arrive ten days earlier than Mark?
10. What did Bill eventually find it impossible to do in?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)