|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) A third of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Half of them.
2. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(b) Being fired.
(c) Being sick.
(d) Being demoted.
3. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(b) The IRS.
(c) The head of The Food Network.
4. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Andy's departure.
(b) Batali's new menu.
(c) A health inspection.
(d) Andy's anxiety.
5. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
(a) Her tortellini recipe.
(b) Her trenette recipe.
(c) Her cannelloni recipe.
(d) Her capellini receipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
2. When did Bill first made polenta?
3. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
4. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
5. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
2. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
3. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
4. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
5. What job did Batali turn down and why?
6. What did Batali need to learn?
7. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
8. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
9. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
10. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)