|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Naples and Bologna.
(c) Between Milan and Verona.
(d) Between Bologna and Florence.
2. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(b) To aks him to take him in.
(c) To talk about pasta.
(d) To talk about Italy.
3. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
(a) Spring 1987
(b) Spring 1986.
(c) Spring 1985.
(d) Spring 1988.
4. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On 1st Avenue.
(b) On 5th Avenue.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) On Madison Avenue.
5. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
(a) How pasta was made.
(b) New York food industry.
(c) Batali's restaurant.
(d) A group of chefs that met to relax.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
2. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
3. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
4. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
5. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What job did Batali turn down and why?
2. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
3. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
4. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
5. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
6. What did Bill regret?
7. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
8. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
9. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
10. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)