|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To talk about pasta.
(b) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(c) To aks him to take him in.
(d) To talk about Italy.
2. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Sophia Mentini.
(b) Ishmael Romm.
(c) Joe Bastianich.
(d) Joe Mariachy.
3. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He wanted to move on.
(b) He had heat stroke.
(c) He dropped a fish.
(d) Batali criticized him.
4. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
(a) Maestro Remi.
(b) Maestro Martino.
(c) Maestro Romani.
(d) Maestro Angelo.
5. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(b) A condiment.
(c) Useless in his kitchen.
(d) The only way to get good fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali study in?
2. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
3. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
4. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
5. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
2. What did not work well in Chapter 6?
3. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
4. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
5. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
6. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
7. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
8. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
9. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
10. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)