|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) A condiment.
(b) The only way to get good fish.
(c) Useless in his kitchen.
(d) The only failure of Italian cooking.
2. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
(a) He worked at the "Dimagio."
(b) He worked as a pizza delivery guy.
(c) He opened his own restaurant.
(d) He worked for a catering company.
3. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To aks him to take him in.
(b) To talk about Italy.
(c) To talk about pasta.
(d) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
4. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(d) Cutting pasta.
5. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Bologna and Florence.
(c) Between Naples and Bologna.
(d) Between Milan and Verona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
2. Why was Holly Burling hired?
3. What is Ragu?
4. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
5. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
2. What did Bill become in Chapter 1, and what did it teach Bill?
3. Where did Batali move in California, and what did he do?
4. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
5. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
6. What job did Batali turn down and why?
7. Who did Bill Buford invite to dinner in "Dinner with Mario"?
8. What is considered the most basic sauce and how is it made?
9. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
10. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)