|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is polenta?
(a) A porridge-like cereal.
(b) A sausage.
(c) A cut of beef.
(d) A fish dish.
2. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(b) Mark Barrett.
(c) Dominic Cipollone.
3. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
(a) Bill was too clumsy.
(b) He thought Bill was too old to keep up.
(c) Bill was too young.
(d) Bill was not trained in Italy.
4. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
(a) Good ingredients.
(b) A format that suited him.
(c) A good producer.
(d) An audience.
5. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
(b) His butcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
2. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
3. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
4. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
5. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bill eventually find?
2. What did Bill become obsessed with according to Chapter 16?
3. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
4. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
5. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
6. What did Bill regret?
7. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
8. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
9. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
10. Who took over Andy's job, and what happened as a result in Chapter 18?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)