|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(b) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
(c) The ingredients were different.
(d) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
2. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Bears.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) The Redskins.
(d) The Red Socks.
3. What was the name of the building where Batali opened his pizzeria?
(a) The Otto.
(b) The Exelsior.
(c) The Po.
(d) The Grande.
4. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) That Batali was not famous.
(b) That Batali did not like football.
(c) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(d) How famous Batali's show made him.
5. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) An ice cream shop.
(c) A cooking school.
(d) A pizzeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
2. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
3. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
4. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
5. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promotion did Bill receive in Chapter 9, and what did the position entail?
2. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
3. Who was making life in the kitchen difficult?
4. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
5. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
6. Who is Bill Buford?
7. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
8. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
9. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
10. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)