|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(b) The Food Network.
(c) The Eat Well Network.
2. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
(b) To let him study in Italy.
(c) To let him out of his contract.
(d) To let him take over Babbo.
3. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) Half of them.
(b) A third of them.
(c) None of them.
(d) All of them.
4. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
(a) "De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine."
(b) "De Honest Valitudine."
(c) "De Volupta et Valitudine."
(d) "De Menagare Pasta Alumina."
5. What was the name of the building where Batali opened his pizzeria?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Exelsior.
(c) The Otto.
(d) The Grande.
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
2. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
3. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
4. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
5. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
2. How famous was Batali at the time he and Bill met?
3. What did Bill realize once he started to work at Babbo's?
4. Where did Batali arrive in Chapter 4?
5. What did Batali need to learn?
6. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
7. What job did Batali turn down and why?
8. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
9. What does Bill learn about clams despite not liking them?
10. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)