|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The first American to have a kitchen.
(b) The worst paid chef of his age.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The highest paid chef of his age.
2. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) Dolce Mio.
(b) La Ventura.
(c) La Dolce Vita.
(d) The Trattoria La Buca.
4. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
(c) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
5. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
2. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
3. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
4. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
5. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
2. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
3. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner in Chapter 22?
4. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
5. What did Bill learn to cook in Chapter 8 and what happened after he mastered the dish?
6. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
7. Who did Bill call for a job?
8. What did Bill's visit to the La Pieve di San Leolino remind him of according to Chapter 28?
9. What did Bill learn about polenta in Chapter 14?
10. What was Caso Mono and why were some concerned according to Chapter 17?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)