|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Milan and Verona.
(b) Between Naples and Bologna.
(c) Between Rome and Florence.
(d) Between Bologna and Florence.
2. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
3. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Roccoco.
(b) The Rocco.
(c) The Dolce Vita.
(d) The Po.
4. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) He poor management skills.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) His schedule.
(d) His ordering people around.
5. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The first American to have a kitchen.
(b) The highest paid chef of his age.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The worst paid chef of his age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
2. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
3. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
4. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
5. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the workers at Babbo's always need to assume?
2. What book did Bill find when he was researching authentic Italian cooking?
3. Who did Bill spend time according to Chapter 10, and what did Bill find?
4. Where did Bill visit in Chapter 11?
5. What did Bill discover about most kitchens?
6. Where was Batali offered his own kitchen?
7. How was the Babbo kitchen like two different kitchens according to Chapter 5?
8. What made Bill feel like a part of the kitchen staff?
9. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
10. Why was the restaurant called Otto doomed to fail, according to Chapter 15?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)