|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
(a) "De Honest Valitudine."
(b) "De Menagare Pasta Alumina."
(c) "De Volupta et Valitudine."
(d) "De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine."
2. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(b) To talk about pasta.
(c) To aks him to take him in.
(d) To talk about Italy.
3. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(c) Porretta Terme.
4. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
5. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
2. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
3. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
4. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
5. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bil's first introduction to kitchen politics in Chapter 3?
2. What did Betta finally agree to on one condition?
3. Where did Bill make his first batch of polenta?
4. How did Bill injure himself in the first weeks in the shop according to Chapter 20?
5. What happened when an important visitor came to Babbo?
6. What did Maestro explain to Bill about the chianina?
7. What did Bill admit during the dinner with Batali?
8. What station did Bill want to work in Chapter 12?
9. Why was Andy (the expediter) becoming anxious?
10. In Chapter 23, what was Bill finally allowed to help prepare?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)