|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A book on beef cuts.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cow.
(d) A recipe book Dario wrote.
2. When was Babbo awarded 3 stars according to Chapter 29?
3. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were married.
(c) They were sisters.
(d) They were brother and sister.
4. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
(a) Only a glass of wine.
(b) Only Italian food.
(c) A lot of food.
(d) Just the dessert.
5. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(b) "Lo Magare Especial."
(c) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
(d) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
6. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was fed beer.
(b) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
(c) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(d) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
7. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "Core 'ngrato."
(b) "O Solo Mio."
(c) "La Dolce Vita."
(d) "It's Now or Never."
8. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
(a) Giving Italian cooking secrets to the French.
(b) Leaving Italy for France.
(c) Not eating cheese.
(d) Supporting the French War against Italy.
9. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(d) Batali's father.
10. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make ravioli.
(b) How to make spaghetti.
(c) How to make caneloni.
(d) How to make tortellini.
11. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Made the evening meal.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Make sauces sold at the shop.
12. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
(a) At a vineyard.
(b) In a feed lot.
(c) At Dario's shop.
(d) In a field near Rome.
13. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That the critic found his food good.
(b) That the critic liked the music.
(c) That he had a good crew.
(d) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
14. What was Andy's restaurant named?
(a) Casa Mono.
(b) Caso bueno.
15. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Enmouni.
(b) Il Greppo.
(c) Il Veritas.
(d) Il Armo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
2. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
3. What did Dario's father die of?
4. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
5. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)