|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Magare Especial."
(b) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
(c) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
(d) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
2. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
3. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "It's Now or Never."
(b) "O Solo Mio."
(c) "La Dolce Vita."
(d) "Core 'ngrato."
4. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a pasta maker.
(b) At a butcher shop.
(c) At a cheese factory.
(d) At a restaurant.
5. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
(a) If the car could be stolen.
(b) If he took a loan out.
(c) If it was wise to anger Dario.
(d) If the bull would live up to its expectations.
6. What was Bill's wife's name?
7. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(b) The local pasta factory.
(c) The curator of the pasta museum.
(d) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
8. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
(a) It was a new menu.
(b) It was during the transition between Andy and Frankie.
(c) He wanted to be the one cooking for the critic.
(d) The sous chef was sick.
9. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They didn't know each other.
(b) They were angry at each other.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were best friends.
10. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
(a) Italian beef.
(c) Chianine meat.
11. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Making roasts.
(b) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(c) Making sausage.
(d) Cutting pork.
12. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That the critic found his food good.
(b) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
(c) That the critic liked the music.
(d) That he had a good crew.
13. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That the flour used is not the same.
(b) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(c) That all recipes are identical.
(d) That not two recipes are alike.
14. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Monday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Saturday.
15. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
2. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
3. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
4. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
5. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)