|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Saturday.
(c) On a Thursday.
(d) On a Monday.
2. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark open his own restaurant.
(b) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(c) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(d) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
3. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The silver string of a piece of meat.
(b) The meat of the back of the leg.
(c) The upper layer of the skin.
(d) The front leg tendon.
4. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That it was too expensive.
(b) That is was not appropriate.
(c) That it was too little.
(d) That it was too demanding.
5. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
(a) "La Dolce Vita".
(b) "Don Giovanni."
(d) Dante's "Inferno."
6. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He laughed too hard.
(c) He argued with Batali.
(d) He said something offensive.
7. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Make sauces sold at the shop.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Made the evening meal.
8. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Try to get big tips from critics.
(b) Forbid critics from entering.
(c) Watch for critics.
(d) Act natural.
9. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He paid his taxes.
(b) He and his girlfriend broke up.
(c) He was caught speeding.
(d) He lost a bet.
10. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(b) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
(c) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
(d) The cow was fed beer.
11. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That not two recipes are alike.
(b) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(c) That all recipes are identical.
(d) That the flour used is not the same.
12. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
13. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
(a) In a feed lot.
(b) In a field near Rome.
(c) At Dario's shop.
(d) At a vineyard.
14. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
(b) Give it to the next intern.
(c) Destroy it.
(d) Sharpen it.
15. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
2. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
3. What was Bill's wife's name?
4. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
5. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)