|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Made the evening meal.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Make sauces sold at the shop.
2. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(b) Making sausage.
(c) Making roasts.
(d) Cutting pork.
3. What made Chianines special?
(a) They fatten fast.
(b) They produced good milk.
(c) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
(d) They were easily scared.
4. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He laughed too hard.
(b) He said something offensive.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He argued with Batali.
5. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "O Solo Mio."
(b) "It's Now or Never."
(c) "La Dolce Vita."
(d) "Core 'ngrato."
6. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
(a) Il pieve de San Bernado.
(b) Il Sampre fi.
(c) Il Santo Fermi.
(d) La Pieve di San Leolino
7. Where did Dario's meat come from?
8. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
(a) Not eating cheese.
(b) Supporting the French War against Italy.
(c) Leaving Italy for France.
(d) Giving Italian cooking secrets to the French.
9. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Give it to the next intern.
(b) Destroy it.
(c) Sharpen it.
(d) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
10. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her daughters.
(c) Her mother and aunts.
(d) Her father and uncles.
11. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
(b) The cow was fed beer.
(c) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(d) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
12. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
(a) A goat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
13. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(b) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(c) The food was cold.
(d) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
14. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He paid his taxes.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He was caught speeding.
(d) He and his girlfriend broke up.
15. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
(b) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
(c) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(d) "Lo Magare Especial."
Short Answer Questions
1. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
2. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
3. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
4. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
5. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)