|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Shot to death.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
2. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
3. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
(a) That he would not tell Batali about it.
(b) That he not tell her family.
(c) That he only teach Batali.
(d) That he teach as many people as possible.
4. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
(a) End of the 18th century.
(b) End of the 19th century.
(c) End of the 17th century.
(d) End of the 16th century.
5. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(a) Assist her.
(b) Practice with her.
6. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) It was refurbished.
(b) It closed.
(c) Many people quit.
(d) The prices were lowered.
7. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
(a) Il Sampre fi.
(b) Il pieve de San Bernado.
(c) Il Santo Fermi.
(d) La Pieve di San Leolino
8. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
(a) A house.
(b) A bull.
(c) A new car.
(d) A shop.
9. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The food was cold.
(b) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(c) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(d) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
10. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
11. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Made the evening meal.
(b) Make sauces sold at the shop.
(c) Cut a pig.
(d) Cut a cow.
12. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He got a promotion.
(b) He left.
(c) He left for Le Cordon Bleu.
(d) He opened his own restaurant.
13. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He said something offensive.
(c) He argued with Batali.
(d) He laughed too hard.
14. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
(a) Eggs, water, and flour.
(b) Flour and eggs.
(c) Water and flour.
(d) Four, milk, and eggs.
15. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
2. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
3. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
4. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
5. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)