|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
(a) Bill, Mark, and Batali.
(b) Joe, Batali, and Bill.
(c) Joe, Mark, and Bill.
(d) Bill, his wife and Batali.
2. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Esteban Miro.
(b) Roberto Manieri.
(c) Antonio Latini.
(d) Estomondo Moralieri.
3. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(c) Ann Marie.
4. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
(a) It was a new menu.
(b) He wanted to be the one cooking for the critic.
(c) The sous chef was sick.
(d) It was during the transition between Andy and Frankie.
5. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That it was too expensive.
(b) That it was too demanding.
(c) That is was not appropriate.
(d) That it was too little.
6. Where did Dario's meat come from?
7. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
(a) They thought he didn't have enough funds.
(b) They thought he couldn't get the right ingredients.
(c) They thought Andy could not cook.
(d) They thought he didn't have a good location.
8. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
9. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
(a) La Pieve di San Leolino
(b) Il pieve de San Bernado.
(c) Il Santo Fermi.
(d) Il Sampre fi.
10. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
(b) The names of the cut change.
(c) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
(d) He read it in a book.
11. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pig.
12. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
(a) On a machine to pound meat.
(b) On a pipe.
(c) On a door.
(d) On a stair.
13. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
(b) Before the critic came.
(c) After the critic came.
(d) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
14. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(a) The curator of the pasta museum.
(b) The local pasta factory.
(c) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
15. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
(a) That he was not ready for it.
(b) That he preferred to work for someone else.
(c) That he would try staying in Italy.
(d) That he needed to get some money first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
2. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
3. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
4. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
5. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)