|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That all recipes are identical.
(b) That the flour used is not the same.
(c) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(d) That not two recipes are alike.
2. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
(a) Elisa and Lisa.
(b) Carlo and Theresa.
(c) Roberto and Sophia.
(d) Markus and Mario.
3. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He could not remain celibate.
(b) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(c) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
(d) He did not like teaching.
4. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make ravioli.
(b) How to make tortellini.
(c) How to make caneloni.
(d) How to make spaghetti.
5. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(b) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(c) That Mark open his own restaurant.
(d) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
6. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) It was too little.
(b) He encouraged such orders.
(c) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(d) It was too much money.
7. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 10 days.
8. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was fed beer.
(b) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
(c) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(d) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
9. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
(a) They thought Andy could not cook.
(b) They thought he didn't have a good location.
(c) They thought he didn't have enough funds.
(d) They thought he couldn't get the right ingredients.
10. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
11. What made Chianines special?
(a) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
(b) They produced good milk.
(c) They fatten fast.
(d) They were easily scared.
12. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Cut a cow.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Made the evening meal.
(d) Make sauces sold at the shop.
13. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
14. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Esteban Miro.
(b) Antonio Latini.
(c) Estomondo Moralieri.
(d) Roberto Manieri.
15. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Forbid critics from entering.
(b) Watch for critics.
(c) Act natural.
(d) Try to get big tips from critics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
2. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
3. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
4. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
5. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)