|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
(b) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
(c) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(d) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
2. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
(b) Before the critic came.
(c) After the critic came.
(d) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
3. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(d) New York.
4. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(b) He encouraged such orders.
(c) It was too little.
(d) It was too much money.
5. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
(a) Pork chops.
(c) Chuck flank.
(d) Baby back ribs.
6. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make tortellini.
(b) How to make caneloni.
(c) How to make spaghetti.
(d) How to make ravioli.
7. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(d) Batali's father.
8. What made Chianines special?
(a) They produced good milk.
(b) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
(c) They were easily scared.
(d) They fatten fast.
9. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
(a) Joe, Batali, and Bill.
(b) Bill, his wife and Batali.
(c) Bill, Mark, and Batali.
(d) Joe, Mark, and Bill.
10. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(b) The curator of the pasta museum.
(c) The local pasta factory.
(d) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
11. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(a) Ann Marie.
12. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
13. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark open his own restaurant.
(b) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(c) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(d) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
14. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(b) Practice with her.
(d) Assist her.
15. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That is was not appropriate.
(b) That it was too demanding.
(c) That it was too little.
(d) That it was too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
2. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
3. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
4. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
5. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)