|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
(a) End of the 18th century.
(b) End of the 19th century.
(c) End of the 17th century.
(d) End of the 16th century.
2. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
(a) Eggs, water, and flour.
(b) Flour and eggs.
(c) Water and flour.
(d) Four, milk, and eggs.
3. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
4. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) That he could not cook.
(b) His cooking was perfection.
(c) That the decor was good.
(d) That his waiters were poorly trained.
5. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The Boston Globe."
(b) "The Washington Post."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The New Yorker."
6. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That it was too expensive.
(b) That it was too demanding.
(c) That is was not appropriate.
(d) That it was too little.
7. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Esteban Miro.
(b) Estomondo Moralieri.
(c) Roberto Manieri.
(d) Antonio Latini.
8. What did Bill find hard to write at the end of the dinner?
(b) His phone number.
(c) The tip on the credit card recete.
(d) His address.
9. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(b) Practice with her.
(d) Assist her.
10. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Making sausage.
(b) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(c) Cutting pork.
(d) Making roasts.
11. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Watch for critics.
(b) Try to get big tips from critics.
(c) Act natural.
(d) Forbid critics from entering.
12. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
(b) Before the critic came.
(c) After the critic came.
(d) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
13. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
(a) The best sauce recipe.
(b) How to roll the dough thin.
(c) How to cook them.
(d) How to eat them.
14. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
15. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A goat.
(c) A pig.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
2. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
3. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
4. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
5. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)