|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
2. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) It closed.
(b) The prices were lowered.
(c) It was refurbished.
(d) Many people quit.
3. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
(a) The critic was making faces while eating.
(b) Bill was the critic.
(c) His waiter stopped a critic from entering.
(d) His waiter did not recognize the critic until his final visit.
4. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
(a) He wanted to go to France.
(b) He wanted to write a book.
(c) He wanted to learn from an Italian cook.
(d) He wanted to find the oldest book possible on the subject.
5. What is Red Chili Jelly called in Italy?
6. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A recipe book Dario wrote.
(b) A book on beef cuts.
(c) A cow.
(d) A knife.
7. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Enmouni.
(b) Il Greppo.
(c) Il Veritas.
(d) Il Armo.
8. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 10 days.
9. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
(a) The food was too cold.
(b) The music was too loud.
(c) The chairs were uncomfortable.
(d) The food was too warm.
10. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
(a) Carlo and Theresa.
(b) Elisa and Lisa.
(c) Roberto and Sophia.
(d) Markus and Mario.
11. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(b) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(c) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(d) The food was cold.
12. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Shot to death.
13. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a pasta maker.
(c) At a cheese factory.
(d) At a butcher shop.
14. What did Bill find hard to write at the end of the dinner?
(a) His phone number.
(b) The tip on the credit card recete.
(d) His address.
15. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
(b) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
(c) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(d) "Lo Magare Especial."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
2. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
3. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
4. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
5. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)