|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
(a) How to roll the dough thin.
(b) How to cook them.
(c) How to eat them.
(d) The best sauce recipe.
2. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(a) Batali's father.
3. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(b) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
(c) He could not remain celibate.
(d) He did not like teaching.
4. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
(a) His wife.
(d) His son.
5. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(b) That all recipes are identical.
(c) That not two recipes are alike.
(d) That the flour used is not the same.
6. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He argued with Batali.
(c) He said something offensive.
(d) He laughed too hard.
7. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The New York Times."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The Boston Globe."
8. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
9. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
(a) Bill was the critic.
(b) The critic was making faces while eating.
(c) His waiter stopped a critic from entering.
(d) His waiter did not recognize the critic until his final visit.
10. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
(a) He wanted to find the oldest book possible on the subject.
(b) He wanted to go to France.
(c) He wanted to learn from an Italian cook.
(d) He wanted to write a book.
11. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
(a) The food was too warm.
(b) The music was too loud.
(c) The food was too cold.
(d) The chairs were uncomfortable.
12. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
(a) At Dario's shop.
(b) At a vineyard.
(c) In a field near Rome.
(d) In a feed lot.
13. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Veritas.
(b) Il Armo.
(c) Il Enmouni.
(d) Il Greppo.
14. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) He read it in a book.
(b) The names of the cut change.
(c) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
(d) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
15. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
(b) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
(c) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(d) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
2. What did Dario's father die of?
3. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
4. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
5. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)