|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) That the decor was good.
(b) That he could not cook.
(c) His cooking was perfection.
(d) That his waiters were poorly trained.
2. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) It closed.
(b) It was refurbished.
(c) Many people quit.
(d) The prices were lowered.
3. What did Bill decide he wanted to do about his obsession?
(a) He wanted to go to France.
(b) He wanted to learn from an Italian cook.
(c) He wanted to find the oldest book possible on the subject.
(d) He wanted to write a book.
4. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
5. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That the critic liked the music.
(b) That he had a good crew.
(c) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
(d) That the critic found his food good.
6. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A book on beef cuts.
(b) A recipe book Dario wrote.
(c) A cow.
(d) A knife.
7. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The upper layer of the skin.
(b) The meat of the back of the leg.
(c) The front leg tendon.
(d) The silver string of a piece of meat.
8. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
9. When was Babbo awarded 3 stars according to Chapter 29?
10. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That it was too expensive.
(b) That it was too demanding.
(c) That it was too little.
(d) That is was not appropriate.
11. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
12. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The Washington Post."
13. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(a) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
(c) The local pasta factory.
(d) The curator of the pasta museum.
14. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
(b) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
(c) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(d) The cow was fed beer.
15. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He lost a bet.
(b) He paid his taxes.
(c) He was caught speeding.
(d) He and his girlfriend broke up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Andy's restaurant named?
2. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
3. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
4. What was Bill's wife's name?
5. Who fixed the best pasta Bill ever tasted?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)