|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The Washington Post."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The Boston Globe."
(d) "The New York Times."
2. What was Andy's restaurant named?
(c) Caso bueno.
(d) Casa Mono.
3. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Veritas.
(b) Il Enmouni.
(c) Il Greppo.
(d) Il Armo.
4. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They didn't know each other.
(c) They were angry at each other.
(d) They were best friends.
5. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
(a) If he took a loan out.
(b) If it was wise to anger Dario.
(c) If the car could be stolen.
(d) If the bull would live up to its expectations.
6. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
(a) If she would come with him to Italy.
(b) If he could take her receipe.
(c) If she would write a book with him.
(d) If she could teach him.
7. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Thursday.
(b) On a Monday.
(c) On a Saturday.
(d) On a Sunday.
8. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(b) When pasta was invented.
(c) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
(d) When pasta came to Italy.
9. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
(a) Bill, Mark, and Batali.
(b) Joe, Batali, and Bill.
(c) Joe, Mark, and Bill.
(d) Bill, his wife and Batali.
10. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
(a) On a door.
(b) On a machine to pound meat.
(c) On a stair.
(d) On a pipe.
11. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a cheese factory.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a pasta maker.
12. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(a) Assist her.
(d) Practice with her.
13. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Forbid critics from entering.
(b) Watch for critics.
(c) Try to get big tips from critics.
(d) Act natural.
14. Where did Dario's meat come from?
15. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
2. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
3. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
4. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
5. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)