|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
(b) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
(c) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(d) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
2. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
(a) They were all women.
(b) They were slowly disappearing.
(c) They were more and more non Italian born.
(d) They thrived.
3. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(a) New York.
4. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
(a) Baby back ribs.
(c) Pork chops.
(d) Chuck flank.
5. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
6. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Sunday.
(b) On a Thursday.
(c) On a Saturday.
(d) On a Monday.
7. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
(a) His wife.
(d) His son.
8. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her father and uncles.
(b) Her mother and aunts.
(d) Her daughters.
9. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He did not like teaching.
(b) He could not remain celibate.
(c) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(d) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
10. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(a) Assist her.
(b) Practice with her.
11. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(b) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
(c) The local pasta factory.
(d) The curator of the pasta museum.
12. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) That he could not cook.
(b) His cooking was perfection.
(c) That the decor was good.
(d) That his waiters were poorly trained.
13. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Magare Especial."
(b) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
(c) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(d) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
14. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(b) Making roasts.
(c) Cutting pork.
(d) Making sausage.
15. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That not two recipes are alike.
(b) That the flour used is not the same.
(c) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(d) That all recipes are identical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
2. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
3. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
4. Where did Dario's meat come from?
5. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)