|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(d) Batali's father.
2. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
(a) The writer who wrote the review left.
(b) The writer who wrote the review was Batali's cousin.
(c) The writer who wrote the review died.
(d) The writer who wrote the review was paid.
3. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Give it to the next intern.
(c) Sharpen it.
(d) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
4. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
(a) They were all women.
(b) They were slowly disappearing.
(c) They were more and more non Italian born.
(d) They thrived.
5. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "Core 'ngrato."
(b) "La Dolce Vita."
(c) "O Solo Mio."
(d) "It's Now or Never."
6. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(b) The food was cold.
(c) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(d) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
7. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
(b) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(c) When pasta came to Italy.
(d) When pasta was invented.
8. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That he had a good crew.
(b) That the critic liked the music.
(c) That the critic found his food good.
(d) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
9. Who took over Andy's job at Babbo?
10. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her mother and aunts.
(b) Her daughters.
(c) Her father and uncles.
11. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) He encouraged such orders.
(b) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(c) It was too little.
(d) It was too much money.
12. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That the flour used is not the same.
(b) That all recipes are identical.
(c) That not two recipes are alike.
(d) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
13. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 20 days.
14. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Make sauces sold at the shop.
(b) Cut a pig.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Made the evening meal.
15. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make ravioli.
(b) How to make caneloni.
(c) How to make tortellini.
(d) How to make spaghetti.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
2. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
3. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
4. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
5. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)