|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
(a) How to roll the dough thin.
(b) How to eat them.
(c) How to cook them.
(d) The best sauce recipe.
2. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
(b) He did not like teaching.
(c) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(d) He could not remain celibate.
3. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were angry at each other.
(c) They didn't know each other.
(d) They were brothers.
4. When was the book Bill written that finally answered his question?
(a) End of the 17th century.
(b) End of the 16th century.
(c) End of the 19th century.
(d) End of the 18th century.
5. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
(a) Raising cattle.
(b) Making wine.
(c) Growing grapes.
(d) Making cheese.
6. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
(b) Before the critic came.
(c) After the critic came.
(d) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
7. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(b) The curator of the pasta museum.
(c) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
(d) The local pasta factory.
8. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) That he could not cook.
(b) His cooking was perfection.
(c) That his waiters were poorly trained.
(d) That the decor was good.
9. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
(a) The food was too cold.
(b) The chairs were uncomfortable.
(c) The food was too warm.
(d) The music was too loud.
10. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
(b) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(c) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
(d) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
11. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
(a) Only a glass of wine.
(b) A lot of food.
(c) Just the dessert.
(d) Only Italian food.
12. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) It was refurbished.
(b) The prices were lowered.
(c) It closed.
(d) Many people quit.
13. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Roberto Manieri.
(b) Esteban Miro.
(c) Estomondo Moralieri.
(d) Antonio Latini.
14. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The meat of the back of the leg.
(b) The upper layer of the skin.
(c) The front leg tendon.
(d) The silver string of a piece of meat.
15. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
(a) Four, milk, and eggs.
(b) Eggs, water, and flour.
(c) Flour and eggs.
(d) Water and flour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
2. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
3. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
4. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
5. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)