|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
(a) A new car.
(b) A shop.
(c) A house.
(d) A bull.
2. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a butcher shop.
(b) At a cheese factory.
(c) At a pasta maker.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(b) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(c) The food was cold.
(d) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
4. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(a) Assist her.
(b) Practice with her.
5. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
6. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
7. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(d) Batali's father.
8. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
9. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He lost a bet.
(b) He was caught speeding.
(c) He paid his taxes.
(d) He and his girlfriend broke up.
10. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(b) Ann Marie.
11. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The Washington Post."
12. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(b) That all recipes are identical.
(c) That not two recipes are alike.
(d) That the flour used is not the same.
13. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Cutting pork.
(b) Making sausage.
(c) Making roasts.
(d) Mixing meats to make ragu.
14. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(b) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(c) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(d) That Mark open his own restaurant.
15. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Enmouni.
(b) Il Armo.
(c) Il Veritas.
(d) Il Greppo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
2. Who fixed the best pasta Bill ever tasted?
3. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
4. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
5. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)