|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(b) Ann Marie.
2. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A priest.
(d) A veterinarian.
3. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He argued with Batali.
(b) He said something offensive.
(c) He laughed too hard.
(d) He drank too much.
4. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
(a) That he not tell her family.
(b) That he only teach Batali.
(c) That he teach as many people as possible.
(d) That he would not tell Batali about it.
5. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
6. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a cheese factory.
(b) At a butcher shop.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a pasta maker.
7. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "It's Now or Never."
(b) "La Dolce Vita."
(c) "Core 'ngrato."
(d) "O Solo Mio."
8. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Shot to death.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
9. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That the critic liked the music.
(b) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
(c) That the critic found his food good.
(d) That he had a good crew.
10. What made Chianines special?
(a) They were easily scared.
(b) They fatten fast.
(c) They produced good milk.
(d) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
11. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(d) Batali's father.
12. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
(a) The best sauce recipe.
(b) How to eat them.
(c) How to roll the dough thin.
(d) How to cook them.
13. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
(a) It was a new menu.
(b) He wanted to be the one cooking for the critic.
(c) It was during the transition between Andy and Frankie.
(d) The sous chef was sick.
14. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(b) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
(c) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
(d) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
15. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Monday.
(b) On a Sunday.
(c) On a Saturday.
(d) On a Thursday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
2. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
3. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
4. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
5. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)