|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That the flour used is not the same.
(b) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(c) That not two recipes are alike.
(d) That all recipes are identical.
2. Why did Babbo miss a 4 star rating?
(a) The chairs were uncomfortable.
(b) The food was too warm.
(c) The food was too cold.
(d) The music was too loud.
3. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
(a) Making cheese.
(b) Growing grapes.
(c) Raising cattle.
(d) Making wine.
4. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(b) Practice with her.
(d) Assist her.
5. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
6. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make tortellini.
(b) How to make caneloni.
(c) How to make ravioli.
(d) How to make spaghetti.
7. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Shot to death.
8. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
9. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Forbid critics from entering.
(b) Act natural.
(c) Try to get big tips from critics.
(d) Watch for critics.
10. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cow.
(c) A book on beef cuts.
(d) A recipe book Dario wrote.
11. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(b) "Lo Magare Especial."
(c) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
(d) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
12. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(b) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(c) The food was cold.
(d) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
13. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
14. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
(a) The writer who wrote the review left.
(b) The writer who wrote the review was paid.
(c) The writer who wrote the review was Batali's cousin.
(d) The writer who wrote the review died.
15. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
(a) That he teach as many people as possible.
(b) That he only teach Batali.
(c) That he would not tell Batali about it.
(d) That he not tell her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
2. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
3. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
4. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
5. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)