|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
(a) Only Italian food.
(b) Just the dessert.
(c) Only a glass of wine.
(d) A lot of food.
2. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
3. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
4. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(a) Ann Marie.
5. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Enmouni.
(b) Il Armo.
(c) Il Greppo.
(d) Il Veritas.
6. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He got a promotion.
(b) He left.
(c) He left for Le Cordon Bleu.
(d) He opened his own restaurant.
7. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
(a) That he only teach Batali.
(b) That he not tell her family.
(c) That he teach as many people as possible.
(d) That he would not tell Batali about it.
8. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The upper layer of the skin.
(b) The silver string of a piece of meat.
(c) The front leg tendon.
(d) The meat of the back of the leg.
9. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
(a) They were married.
(b) They were sisters.
(c) They were brother and sister.
(d) They were brothers.
10. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
(a) Raising cattle.
(b) Making wine.
(c) Growing grapes.
(d) Making cheese.
11. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
(a) They were more and more non Italian born.
(b) They thrived.
(c) They were slowly disappearing.
(d) They were all women.
12. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(b) It was too little.
(c) It was too much money.
(d) He encouraged such orders.
13. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Made the evening meal.
(b) Make sauces sold at the shop.
(c) Cut a pig.
(d) Cut a cow.
14. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
(a) If he could take her receipe.
(b) If she would write a book with him.
(c) If she would come with him to Italy.
(d) If she could teach him.
15. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her mother and aunts.
(c) Her father and uncles.
(d) Her daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bill's wife's name?
2. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
3. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
4. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
5. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)