|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) "Lo Magare Especial."
(b) "Lo Pasta Imaginare."
(c) "Lo Scalco Alla Moderna"
(d) "Lo Pasta Veritas."
2. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
(a) Joe, Mark, and Bill.
(b) Bill, his wife and Batali.
(c) Bill, Mark, and Batali.
(d) Joe, Batali, and Bill.
3. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "Core 'ngrato."
(b) "It's Now or Never."
(c) "La Dolce Vita."
(d) "O Solo Mio."
4. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) The names of the cut change.
(b) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
(c) He read it in a book.
(d) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
5. What did Batali order at the restaurant?
(a) Only Italian food.
(b) A lot of food.
(c) Just the dessert.
(d) Only a glass of wine.
6. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) It was refurbished.
(b) Many people quit.
(c) It closed.
(d) The prices were lowered.
7. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(b) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(c) The food was cold.
(d) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
8. What book did Dario give Bill?
(a) A book on beef cuts.
(b) A cow.
(c) A recipe book Dario wrote.
(d) A knife.
9. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
(b) The cow was fed beer.
(c) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(d) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
10. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
(a) Raising cattle.
(b) Making cheese.
(c) Growing grapes.
(d) Making wine.
11. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
(a) On a Thursday.
(b) On a Monday.
(c) On a Sunday.
(d) On a Saturday.
12. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Cutting pork.
(b) Making roasts.
(c) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(d) Making sausage.
13. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Put it in a drawer for when he came back.
(c) Give it to the next intern.
(d) Sharpen it.
14. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(b) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(c) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(d) That Mark open his own restaurant.
15. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
(a) A bull.
(b) A shop.
(c) A new car.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
2. Why was everyone concerned about Andy's restaurant?
3. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
4. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
5. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)