|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(c) Ann Marie.
2. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
(a) Il pieve de San Bernado.
(b) Il Sampre fi.
(c) La Pieve di San Leolino
(d) Il Santo Fermi.
3. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
(a) That he preferred to work for someone else.
(b) That he needed to get some money first.
(c) That he was not ready for it.
(d) That he would try staying in Italy.
4. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(b) New York.
5. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
(a) Roberto and Sophia.
(b) Carlo and Theresa.
(c) Markus and Mario.
(d) Elisa and Lisa.
6. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When pasta came to Italy.
(b) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
(c) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(d) When pasta was invented.
7. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
8. What is Red Chili Jelly called in Italy?
9. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He said something offensive.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He argued with Batali.
(d) He laughed too hard.
10. Where did Bill bump his head in the first few weeks of work at the shop?
(a) On a stair.
(b) On a machine to pound meat.
(c) On a door.
(d) On a pipe.
11. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
(a) Flour and eggs.
(b) Eggs, water, and flour.
(c) Water and flour.
(d) Four, milk, and eggs.
12. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) Before the critic came.
(b) After the critic came.
(c) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
(d) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
13. What did Bill do at the end of Chapter 18?
(a) He opened his own restaurant.
(b) He left for Le Cordon Bleu.
(c) He left.
(d) He got a promotion.
14. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
(b) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
(c) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
(d) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
15. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
(a) He wanted to be the one cooking for the critic.
(b) The sous chef was sick.
(c) It was during the transition between Andy and Frankie.
(d) It was a new menu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
2. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
3. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
4. Who was in charge of Giovanni's cows?
5. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)