|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
2. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He said something offensive.
(c) He laughed too hard.
(d) He argued with Batali.
3. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(c) Assist her.
(d) Practice with her.
4. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Estomondo Moralieri.
(b) Esteban Miro.
(c) Antonio Latini.
(d) Roberto Manieri.
5. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(c) New York.
6. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Making sausage.
(b) Cutting pork.
(c) Making roasts.
(d) Mixing meats to make ragu.
7. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The upper layer of the skin.
(b) The meat of the back of the leg.
(c) The silver string of a piece of meat.
(d) The front leg tendon.
8. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(b) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(c) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(d) That Mark open his own restaurant.
9. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 10 days.
10. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
(a) Not eating cheese.
(b) Supporting the French War against Italy.
(c) Giving Italian cooking secrets to the French.
(d) Leaving Italy for France.
11. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
(a) Chianine meat.
(c) Italian beef.
12. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
(b) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(c) When pasta was invented.
(d) When pasta came to Italy.
13. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) It was too much money.
(b) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(c) It was too little.
(d) He encouraged such orders.
14. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
(a) His waiter stopped a critic from entering.
(b) His waiter did not recognize the critic until his final visit.
(c) Bill was the critic.
(d) The critic was making faces while eating.
15. Why was Batali forced to be in the kitchen in Chapter 29?
(a) It was a new menu.
(b) He wanted to be the one cooking for the critic.
(c) It was during the transition between Andy and Frankie.
(d) The sous chef was sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
2. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
3. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
4. When did Bill arrive at Dario's shop?
5. Why did Dario return to the family business?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)