|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
2. What was the relation between Dario and Giovanni?
(a) They were best friends.
(b) They were angry at each other.
(c) They didn't know each other.
(d) They were brothers.
3. What did Bill find fascinating at Dario's shop?
(a) Mixing meats to make ragu.
(b) Cutting pork.
(c) Making sausage.
(d) Making roasts.
4. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
(a) The front leg tendon.
(b) The upper layer of the skin.
(c) The meat of the back of the leg.
(d) The silver string of a piece of meat.
5. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
(a) Markus and Mario.
(b) Carlo and Theresa.
(c) Roberto and Sophia.
(d) Elisa and Lisa.
6. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
(a) They were sisters.
(b) They were brother and sister.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were married.
7. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
(a) Joe, Batali, and Bill.
(b) Joe, Mark, and Bill.
(c) Bill, his wife and Batali.
(d) Bill, Mark, and Batali.
8. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark open his own restaurant.
(b) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(c) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(d) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
9. What project did Batali ask Bill about?
(a) Whether Bill would open a cooking school.
(b) Whether Bill would open a restaurant.
(c) Whether Bill would open a butcher shop.
(d) Whether Bill would move to Italy.
10. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
(b) Chianine meat.
(c) Italian beef.
11. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That the flour used is not the same.
(b) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(c) That not two recipes are alike.
(d) That all recipes are identical.
12. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He and his girlfriend broke up.
(b) He paid his taxes.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) He was caught speeding.
13. What did Giovanni buy that was big news in the village?
(a) A shop.
(b) A house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A bull.
14. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
(a) Act natural.
(b) Watch for critics.
(c) Try to get big tips from critics.
(d) Forbid critics from entering.
15. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
(a) If it was wise to anger Dario.
(b) If he took a loan out.
(c) If the car could be stolen.
(d) If the bull would live up to its expectations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
2. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
3. How long before Mark did Bill arrive in Italy?
4. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
5. What were Bill and his wife tired of at the end of Chapter 24?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)