|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(b) The food was cold.
(c) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
(d) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
2. What did Bill notice Dario did not stock at his shop?
(a) Baby back ribs.
(b) Chuck flank.
(d) Pork chops.
3. What did Bill find hard to write at the end of the dinner?
(a) The tip on the credit card recete.
(b) His address.
(c) His phone number.
4. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) He read it in a book.
(b) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
(c) The names of the cut change.
(d) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
5. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(b) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(c) That Mark open his own restaurant.
(d) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
6. What type of meat did Dario not sell according to Chapter 27?
(a) Chianine meat.
(b) Italian beef.
7. What was Betta's condition for her to teach Bill her family recipe?
(a) That he teach as many people as possible.
(b) That he only teach Batali.
(c) That he would not tell Batali about it.
(d) That he not tell her family.
8. Who made the pasta at Betta's house at Christmas?
(a) Her daughters.
(c) Her father and uncles.
(d) Her mother and aunts.
9. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
(a) After the critic came.
(b) When Batali's mother was in the restaurant.
(c) When a critic came to rate the restaurant.
(d) Before the critic came.
10. What did Bill find Dario reciting to his customers?
(a) "La Dolce Vita".
(c) "Don Giovanni."
(d) Dante's "Inferno."
11. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(d) New York.
12. What is the first thing Betta taught Bill about pasta?
(a) How to cook them.
(b) How to eat them.
(c) The best sauce recipe.
(d) How to roll the dough thin.
13. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(c) Batali's father.
14. Who was working in Dario's shop with Bill on his first day?
(a) Roberto and Sophia.
(b) Elisa and Lisa.
(c) Markus and Mario.
(d) Carlo and Theresa.
15. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He could not remain celibate.
(b) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(c) He did not like teaching.
(d) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bill ask the person who fixed him the best pasta he ever tasted?
2. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
3. Where did the Maestro make Bill put his knife steel?
4. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
5. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)