|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Panzano's oldest church?
(a) Il Sampre fi.
(b) Il Santo Fermi.
(c) La Pieve di San Leolino
(d) Il pieve de San Bernado.
2. Why was Batali worried in Chapter 29?
(a) The critic was making faces while eating.
(b) His waiter did not recognize the critic until his final visit.
(c) His waiter stopped a critic from entering.
(d) Bill was the critic.
3. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(b) He did not like teaching.
(c) He could not remain celibate.
(d) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
4. What was Andy's restaurant named?
(a) Casa Mono.
(d) Caso bueno.
5. Where did Bill want to apprenticed in Italy?
(a) At a pasta maker.
(b) At a cheese factory.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a restaurant.
6. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
(d) New York.
7. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(b) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(c) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(d) That Mark open his own restaurant.
8. What was the village wondering about Giovanni's new acquisition?
(a) If the bull would live up to its expectations.
(b) If it was wise to anger Dario.
(c) If the car could be stolen.
(d) If he took a loan out.
9. What was Batali happy with even as he missed his 4 stars?
(a) That the critic didn't notice the mess in the bathrooms.
(b) That he had a good crew.
(c) That the critic liked the music.
(d) That the critic found his food good.
10. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
(b) He read it in a book.
(c) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
(d) The names of the cut change.
11. What was the first animal Bill worked on after return to Dario's shop in Chapter 25?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) A goat.
12. Who awarded 3 stars to Babbo according to Chapter 29?
(a) "The Washington Post."
(b) "The Boston Globe."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The New Yorker."
13. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(a) The local pasta factory.
(b) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
(c) The curator of the pasta museum.
14. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
15. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A priest.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A veterinarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the silver sliver get rid of?
2. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
3. What were the earliest books Bill was able to find calling for to make pasta?
4. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
5. When was Babbo awarded 3 stars according to Chapter 29?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)