|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill do on his first day at Dario's shop?
(a) Cut a pig.
(b) Made the evening meal.
(c) Cut a cow.
(d) Make sauces sold at the shop.
2. What was Catherine de Medici queen of?
3. Why was the meat of the Chianines tender and much desired?
(a) The cow was allowed to roam freely.
(b) The cow was massaged and fed grass.
(c) The cow was fed beer.
(d) The cow worked on vineyard and farms.
4. What did Dario's father die of?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Shot to death.
5. What was Dario's girlfriend's name?
(a) Ann Marie.
6. Why did Dario return to the family business?
(a) It was his father's dying wish and his family was in financial trouble.
(b) He failed the veterinarian exam.
(c) He did not like teaching.
(d) He could not remain celibate.
7. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
(b) When pasta came to Italy.
(c) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(d) When pasta was invented.
8. What happened at Babbo after Andy's departure?
(a) Many people quit.
(b) The prices were lowered.
(c) It closed.
(d) It was refurbished.
9. What did Batali suggest to Mark according to Bill in Chapter 16?
(a) That Mark tried to convince Bill to go to France.
(b) That Mark take Bill's place in the restaurant.
(c) That Mark and Bill both intern with Betta.
(d) That Mark open his own restaurant.
10. Who interned with Dario Cecchini before Bill?
(b) Batali's father.
11. Who did Bill consult to have the answer to his obsession?
(b) The local pasta factory.
(c) The Italian ministry for agriculture.
(d) The curator of the pasta museum.
12. What was Andy's restaurant named?
(a) Casa Mono.
(d) Caso bueno.
13. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
(a) That he needed to get some money first.
(b) That he would try staying in Italy.
(c) That he preferred to work for someone else.
(d) That he was not ready for it.
14. What did the Italians blame Cathrine de Medici for?
(a) Leaving Italy for France.
(b) Giving Italian cooking secrets to the French.
(c) Not eating cheese.
(d) Supporting the French War against Italy.
15. Who took over Andy's job at Babbo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill see his first Chianine?
2. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
3. What did Bill do to lose his composure?
4. When was the Babbo kitchen in turmoil according to Bill in Chapter 29?
5. What did Bill say of the people that made food an important part of Italy?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)