|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill once think about what Batali ordered?
(a) That is was not appropriate.
(b) That it was too expensive.
(c) That it was too demanding.
(d) That it was too little.
2. What was Bill now thinking about Batali's order?
(a) It was too much money.
(b) It was too little.
(c) He still thought it was not appropriate.
(d) He encouraged such orders.
3. What was the relation between the other two working with Bill on his first day at Dario's shop.
(a) They were married.
(b) They were sisters.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were brother and sister.
4. Why did Dario treat some of his customers unkindly for a few weeks after Bill's return?
(a) He was caught speeding.
(b) He and his girlfriend broke up.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) He paid his taxes.
5. What did Bill tell Batali about his project?
(a) That he would try staying in Italy.
(b) That he was not ready for it.
(c) That he preferred to work for someone else.
(d) That he needed to get some money first.
6. What was Bill's wife's name?
7. What did Bill discover about tortellini after coming back in the U.S.?
(a) That all recipes are identical.
(b) That the flour used is not the same.
(c) That water needs to be warm for most of them.
(d) That not two recipes are alike.
8. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
(a) Roberto Manieri.
(b) Antonio Latini.
(c) Esteban Miro.
(d) Estomondo Moralieri.
9. What was the name of the estate Dario bought after taking over the family business?
(a) Il Greppo.
(b) Il Enmouni.
(c) Il Veritas.
(d) Il Armo.
10. What made Bill think butchers of different regions have different ways of cutting the meat?
(a) He read it in a book.
(b) The names of the cut change.
(c) Some of the cuts Dario taught him were not in books.
(d) Regions wanted to have specialy cuts.
11. Why did Dario berate the restaurant owner when they went out to dinner?
(a) The food was not Italian and was made from inferior meat.
(b) The restaurant wasn't buying from him.
(c) The food was cold.
(d) The restaurant wanted to charge him too much.
12. What did Betta force Bill to do first in her pizzeria?
(a) Assist her.
(b) Practice with her.
13. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
14. What made Chianines special?
(a) They produced good milk.
(b) They were longer than regular cows and all white.
(c) They fatten fast.
(d) They were easily scared.
15. What did those who tried Andy's cooking at his new restaurant discover?
(a) That the decor was good.
(b) That he could not cook.
(c) His cooking was perfection.
(d) That his waiters were poorly trained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fixed the best pasta Bill ever tasted?
2. Why was Batali convinced Babbo would be visited again by the newspaper?
3. Who did Bill convince to come with him to Italy in Chapter 19?
4. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
5. What did Batali encourage his waiters to do?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)