|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Have his own TV show.
(b) Become a veterinarian.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Become an architect.
2. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) La Ventura.
(b) The Trattoria La Buca.
(c) Dolce Mio.
(d) La Dolce Vita.
3. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He told him to take the night off.
(b) He slapped him.
(c) He dressed him down.
(d) He fired him.
4. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
5. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
6. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(a) The Food Network.
(d) The Eat Well Network.
7. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
(b) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
(c) That he was part of the kitchen.
(d) That he wanted to quit.
8. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
(a) A pizzeria.
(b) A butcher shop.
(c) A cooking school.
(d) An ice cream shop.
9. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
(a) Her trenette recipe.
(b) Her capellini receipe.
(c) Her cannelloni recipe.
(d) Her tortellini recipe.
10. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
11. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) A condiment.
(b) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(c) The only way to get good fish.
(d) Useless in his kitchen.
12. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) The Crota.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) Le Cordon Bleu.
(d) The Serendipity.
13. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it takes days to cook.
(b) That it needed a lot of water.
(c) That it needed to be stirred.
(d) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
14. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
(a) The fish station.
(b) The pasta station.
(c) The sauce station.
(d) The grill.
15. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Vesuvius.
(b) The Ro.
(c) The Triest.
(d) The Po.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
2. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
3. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
4. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
5. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)