|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Batali's new menu.
(b) Andy's departure.
(c) Andy's anxiety.
(d) A health inspection.
2. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To let him out of his contract.
(b) To let him study in Italy.
(c) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
(d) To let him take over Babbo.
3. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
4. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(b) The ingredients were different.
(c) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(d) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
5. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(a) The Food Network.
(b) The Eat Well Network.
6. What restaurant did Batali study in?
(a) La Volta.
(b) La Betta.
(c) La Riana.
(d) La Dolce Vita.
7. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(b) That it needed to be stirred.
(c) That it needed a lot of water.
(d) That it takes days to cook.
8. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
(a) The fish station.
(b) The sauce station.
(c) The pasta station.
(d) The grill.
9. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Emilia Solimi.
(b) Roberta Tagliani.
(c) Sophia Romani.
(d) Miriam Leonardi.
10. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
(b) The Bibbi.
(c) The Mario dona.
(d) The Bardo.
11. What is polenta made of?
(b) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
(d) Five different fishes.
12. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of strangers.
(b) A group of friends.
(c) A group of cousins.
(d) A group of brothers.
13. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The sauce station.
(b) The pasta station.
(c) The grill station.
(d) The fish station.
14. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(c) Cutting pasta.
15. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own towels.
(b) His own knives.
(c) His own uniform.
(d) His own first aid kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
2. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
3. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
4. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
5. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)