|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
2. What was Batali's father profession?
(a) Military Commander.
(d) Boeing executive.
3. What did Batali do on his TV show?
(a) He taught people to cook a specific meal.
(b) He toured schools to improve nutrition.
(c) He went to restaurants to help them improve.
(d) He went to people's house to cook a meal.
4. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) The Serendipity.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) Le Cordon Bleu.
(d) The Crota.
5. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(b) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(c) The ingredients were different.
(d) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
6. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
(a) The smokey smell.
(b) The mark of the grill.
(c) A good sauce.
(d) A few burns.
7. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To let him take over Babbo.
(b) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
(c) To let him out of his contract.
(d) To let him study in Italy.
8. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(b) The Vatican.
9. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
(c) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
10. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He dressed him down.
(b) He slapped him.
(c) He fired him.
(d) He told him to take the night off.
11. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(b) Cutting pasta.
12. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
13. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to quit.
(b) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
(c) That he was part of the kitchen.
(d) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
14. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
(a) How pasta was made.
(b) A group of chefs that met to relax.
(c) Batali's restaurant.
(d) New York food industry.
15. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(d) Porretta Terme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
2. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
3. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
4. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
5. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)