|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) La Dolce Vita.
(b) Dolce Mio.
(c) La Ventura.
(d) The Trattoria La Buca.
2. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Have his own TV show.
(b) Become a veterinarian.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Become an architect.
3. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed a lot of water.
(b) That it needed to be stirred.
(c) That it takes days to cook.
(d) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
4. What did Batali do on his TV show?
(a) He went to restaurants to help them improve.
(b) He toured schools to improve nutrition.
(c) He went to people's house to cook a meal.
(d) He taught people to cook a specific meal.
5. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
6. What is polenta made of?
(b) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
(d) Five different fishes.
7. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(c) The head of The Food Network.
(d) The IRS.
8. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
(a) How pasta was made.
(b) A group of chefs that met to relax.
(c) Batali's restaurant.
(d) New York food industry.
9. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(a) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
10. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
11. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On 1st Avenue.
(b) On 5th Avenue.
(c) On Madison Avenue.
(d) On Broadway.
12. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(b) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(c) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(d) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
13. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
(a) He transferred him to the prep kitchen.
(b) He gave him contradictory orders.
(c) He ignored him all night.
(d) He stood over his shoulder waiting for him to make a mistake.
14. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The cook left.
(b) Batali left.
(c) The resturant was sold.
(d) Downturn in the economy.
15. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was dyslexic.
(b) He was hard of hearing.
(c) He was blind.
(d) He was in a wheelchair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
2. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
3. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
4. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
5. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)