|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(a) The Eat Well Network.
(b) The Food Network.
2. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed a lot of water.
(b) That it takes days to cook.
(c) That it needed to be stirred.
(d) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
3. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Jonathan Lynne.
(b) Anthony Matthews.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
(d) Rober Kempt.
4. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To aks him to take him in.
(b) To talk about Italy.
(c) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(d) To talk about pasta.
5. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) The Biltmore.
(b) The Serendipity.
(c) Le Cordon Bleu.
(d) The Crota.
6. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
7. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Ishmael Romm.
(b) Sophia Mentini.
(c) Joe Bastianich.
(d) Joe Mariachy.
8. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
(a) New York food industry.
(b) A group of chefs that met to relax.
(c) Batali's restaurant.
(d) How pasta was made.
9. What was Batali's father profession?
(c) Military Commander.
(d) Boeing executive.
10. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
(d) His butcher.
11. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Bon Appetit.
(b) Malto Mario.
(c) Dinner with Mario.
(d) Italian Kitchen.
12. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(b) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
(c) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(d) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
13. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
14. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of cousins.
(b) A group of friends.
(c) A group of brothers.
(d) A group of strangers.
15. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
(a) Maestro Remi.
(b) Maestro Angelo.
(c) Maestro Martino.
(d) Maestro Romani.
Short Answer Questions
1. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
2. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
3. What is Ragu?
4. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
5. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)