|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(b) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(c) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(d) He would have to be second for 6 months.
2. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) Downturn in the economy.
(b) Batali left.
(c) The cook left.
(d) The resturant was sold.
3. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(c) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
(d) A variety of grains, including barley.
4. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Bologna and Florence.
(b) Between Rome and Florence.
(c) Between Milan and Verona.
(d) Between Naples and Bologna.
5. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Joe Mariachy.
(b) Joe Bastianich.
(c) Sophia Mentini.
(d) Ishmael Romm.
6. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of brothers.
(b) A group of cousins.
(c) A group of strangers.
(d) A group of friends.
7. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Anthony Matthews.
(b) Marcus Roberts.
(c) Rober Kempt.
(d) Jonathan Lynne.
8. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Roberta Tagliani.
(b) Emilia Solimi.
(c) Sophia Romani.
(d) Miriam Leonardi.
9. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Batali's new menu.
(b) Andy's anxiety.
(c) A health inspection.
(d) Andy's departure.
10. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was hard of hearing.
(b) He was in a wheelchair.
(c) He was dyslexic.
(d) He was blind.
11. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
12. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To let him take over Babbo.
(b) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
(c) To let him out of his contract.
(d) To let him study in Italy.
13. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
14. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
(a) A format that suited him.
(b) A good producer.
(c) Good ingredients.
(d) An audience.
15. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
(a) Meat pizzas.
(c) Deep dish pizzas.
(d) Flat pizzas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali do on his TV show?
2. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
3. Who was the expediter at Babbo Restaurant?
4. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
5. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)