|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
2. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
(a) He stood over his shoulder waiting for him to make a mistake.
(b) He gave him contradictory orders.
(c) He transferred him to the prep kitchen.
(d) He ignored him all night.
3. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
(c) Mark Barrett.
4. What is Ragu?
(a) A meat ball.
(b) A tomato sauce served on pizza.
(c) The basic sauce served with pasta.
(d) A fish sauce.
5. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Being fired.
(d) Being demoted.
6. What is polenta made of?
(a) Five different fishes.
(d) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
7. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(a) Cutting pasta.
8. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
(a) He worked for a catering company.
(b) He worked at the "Dimagio."
(c) He opened his own restaurant.
(d) He worked as a pizza delivery guy.
9. What is polenta?
(a) A porridge-like cereal.
(b) A cut of beef.
(c) A fish dish.
(d) A sausage.
10. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
(a) He took over the kitchen.
(b) He gave advice.
(c) He slept.
(d) He talked all night with Bill's wife.
11. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
(a) A good producer.
(b) Good ingredients.
(c) A format that suited him.
(d) An audience.
12. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The highest paid chef of his age.
(b) The first American to have a kitchen.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The worst paid chef of his age.
13. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
(a) Spring 1985.
(b) Spring 1988.
(c) Spring 1987
(d) Spring 1986.
14. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 3 months.
15. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Dolce Vita.
(b) The Rocco.
(c) The Po.
(d) The Roccoco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
2. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
3. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
4. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
5. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)