|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(a) The IRS.
(b) The head of The Food Network.
2. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) Useless in his kitchen.
(b) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(c) The only way to get good fish.
(d) A condiment.
3. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
(a) He was depressed.
(c) He had a terminal disease.
(d) A troubled relationship.
4. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The cook left.
(b) The resturant was sold.
(c) Downturn in the economy.
(d) Batali left.
5. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
(a) He had a fight with Batali.
(b) He wanted to study in Italy.
(c) He wanted to tour the world.
(d) He wanted to open his restaurant.
6. When did Bill first made polenta?
(a) At home.
(b) For a benefit dinner in Nashville.
(c) At the Babbo.
(d) At the Po.
7. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(c) Cutting pasta.
8. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
9. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
10. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
11. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(b) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(c) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(d) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
12. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(c) Porretta Terme.
13. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Red Socks.
(b) The Redskins.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) The Bears.
14. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Have his own TV show.
(b) Become a veterinarian.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Become an architect.
15. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
(b) Frog legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
2. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
3. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
4. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
5. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)