|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Redskins.
(b) The Bears.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) The Red Socks.
2. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The grill station.
(b) The pasta station.
(c) The fish station.
(d) The sauce station.
3. What is polenta?
(a) A cut of beef.
(b) A fish dish.
(c) A porridge-like cereal.
(d) A sausage.
4. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
5. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Joe Mariachy.
(b) Sophia Mentini.
(c) Ishmael Romm.
(d) Joe Bastianich.
6. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(b) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
(c) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(d) The ingredients were different.
7. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Become a veterinarian.
(b) Become an architect.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Have his own TV show.
8. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On Madison Avenue.
(b) On Broadway.
(c) On 1st Avenue.
(d) On 5th Avenue.
9. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
10. Why was Holly Burling hired?
(a) She had 25 years experience.
(b) She studied in Batali's school.
(c) She accepted to work for free.
(d) She studied in Italy.
11. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(b) Mark Barrett.
(c) Dominic Cipollone.
12. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) His ordering people around.
(b) He poor management skills.
(c) His bad temper.
(d) His schedule.
13. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
14. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it takes days to cook.
(b) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(c) That it needed to be stirred.
(d) That it needed a lot of water.
15. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Vesuvius.
(b) The Triest.
(c) The Po.
(d) The Ro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
2. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
3. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
4. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
5. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)