|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was hard of hearing.
(b) He was dyslexic.
(c) He was in a wheelchair.
(d) He was blind.
2. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
(a) Back ribs.
(b) Chuck flap.
(c) Beef loin.
(d) Baby back ribs.
3. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) The Trattoria La Buca.
(b) La Dolce Vita.
(c) La Ventura.
(d) Dolce Mio.
4. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
(a) Ishmael Romm.
(b) Joe Mariachy.
(c) Sophia Mentini.
(d) Joe Bastianich.
5. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(c) The IRS.
(d) The head of The Food Network.
6. What is polenta made of?
(b) Five different fishes.
(d) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
7. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Dinner with Mario.
(b) Italian Kitchen.
(c) Malto Mario.
(d) Bon Appetit.
8. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(a) A variety of grains, including barley.
(b) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
9. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Become an architect.
(b) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(c) Have his own TV show.
(d) Become a veterinarian.
10. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
(a) Roberto Casineli.
(b) Sophia Lenguini.
(c) Arturo Sighinolfi.
(d) Pierro Maltoni.
11. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Milan and Verona.
(b) Between Naples and Bologna.
(c) Between Rome and Florence.
(d) Between Bologna and Florence.
12. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The resturant was sold.
(b) Downturn in the economy.
(c) Batali left.
(d) The cook left.
13. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(c) The Vatican.
14. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Bears.
(b) The Redskins.
(c) New York Giants.
(d) The Red Socks.
15. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
(a) An ice cream shop.
(b) A pizzeria.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A cooking school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
2. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
3. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
4. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
5. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)