|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He told him to take the night off.
(b) He dressed him down.
(c) He fired him.
(d) He slapped him.
2. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(c) Dominic Cipollone.
3. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
(a) He needed to go to the hospital.
(b) He had a plane to catch.
(c) He had a date.
(d) He had an interview schedule.
4. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
(a) He opened his own restaurant.
(b) He worked for a catering company.
(c) He worked as a pizza delivery guy.
(d) He worked at the "Dimagio."
5. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Redskins.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) The Red Socks.
(d) The Bears.
6. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Dolce Vita.
(b) The Po.
(c) The Roccoco.
(d) The Rocco.
7. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Naples and Bologna.
(c) Between Bologna and Florence.
(d) Between Milan and Verona.
8. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He wanted to move on.
(b) He dropped a fish.
(c) Batali criticized him.
(d) He had heat stroke.
9. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
(a) "Bien Manger Magazine."
(b) "Food Magazine."
(c) "Granta Magazine."
(d) "Bon Appetit Magazine."
10. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
11. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Malto Mario.
(b) Bon Appetit.
(c) Dinner with Mario.
(d) Italian Kitchen.
12. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
(a) To back him in a Spanish restaurant.
(b) To let him out of his contract.
(c) To let him take over Babbo.
(d) To let him study in Italy.
13. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
(b) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(c) The ingredients were different.
(d) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
14. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
(c) Frog legs.
15. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
2. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
3. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
4. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
5. What did Batali do on his TV show?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)