|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to quit.
(b) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
(c) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
(d) That he was part of the kitchen.
2. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Miriam Leonardi.
(b) Emilia Solimi.
(c) Roberta Tagliani.
(d) Sophia Romani.
3. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
(a) He had a plane to catch.
(b) He had an interview schedule.
(c) He had a date.
(d) He needed to go to the hospital.
4. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Maurice Jaques.
(b) Chef Saufia Morina.
(c) Chef Betta.
(d) Chef Marco Pierre White.
5. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
6. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Dolce Vita.
(c) The Roccoco.
(d) The Rocco.
7. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
8. What was the name of the building where Batali opened his pizzeria?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Grande.
(c) The Otto.
(d) The Exelsior.
9. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
(a) Meat pizzas.
(b) Deep dish pizzas.
(d) Flat pizzas.
10. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
11. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) A health inspection.
(b) Andy's departure.
(c) Andy's anxiety.
(d) Batali's new menu.
12. What position did Abby Bodiker have before joining Babbo?
(a) Sous chef at the Laviari.
(b) Prep cook at The Food Network.
(c) She was a student.
(d) Prep cook for Po.
13. What newspaper put Mario Batali on the map according to Bill?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The New York Observer."
(c) "The New York Times."
(d) "The New York Sentinel."
14. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) La Dolce Vita.
(b) The Trattoria La Buca.
(c) La Ventura.
(d) Dolce Mio.
15. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
(a) An audience.
(b) A good producer.
(c) Good ingredients.
(d) A format that suited him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
2. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
3. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
4. What is polenta made of?
5. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)