Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
(a) The smokey smell.
(b) A few burns.
(c) A good sauce.
(d) The mark of the grill.
2. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
3. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The grill station.
(b) The sauce station.
(c) The pasta station.
(d) The fish station.
4. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being fired.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(d) Being demoted.
5. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
(c) Mark Barrett.
6. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The Washington Post."
(c) "The New York Post."
(d) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
7. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 months.
8. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He fired him.
(b) He dressed him down.
(c) He told him to take the night off.
(d) He slapped him.
9. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
(a) "Bien Manger Magazine."
(b) "Granta Magazine."
(c) "Food Magazine."
(d) "Bon Appetit Magazine."
10. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Roccoco.
(b) The Po.
(c) The Dolce Vita.
(d) The Rocco.
11. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On 1st Avenue.
(b) On 5th Avenue.
(c) On Madison Avenue.
(d) On Broadway.
12. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(a) A variety of grains, including barley.
(d) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
13. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
14. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He dropped a fish.
(b) He had heat stroke.
(c) Batali criticized him.
(d) He wanted to move on.
15. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
(a) He talked all night with Bill's wife.
(b) He slept.
(c) He gave advice.
(d) He took over the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
2. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
3. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
4. What does Batali say Ragu is?
5. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)