|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Bologna and Florence.
(c) Between Naples and Bologna.
(d) Between Milan and Verona.
2. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(c) Porretta Terme.
3. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own uniform.
(b) His own towels.
(c) His own first aid kit.
(d) His own knives.
4. When did Bill first made polenta?
(a) At the Babbo.
(b) For a benefit dinner in Nashville.
(c) At home.
(d) At the Po.
5. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He was in a wheelchair.
(c) He was hard of hearing.
(d) He was dyslexic.
6. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
7. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Vesuvius.
(c) The Ro.
(d) The Triest.
8. Who was the expediter at Babbo Restaurant?
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
(c) Mark Barrett.
9. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Saufia Morina.
(b) Chef Marco Pierre White.
(c) Chef Betta.
(d) Chef Maurice Jaques.
10. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Andy's departure.
(b) A health inspection.
(c) Andy's anxiety.
(d) Batali's new menu.
11. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
(a) Maestro Angelo.
(b) Maestro Romani.
(c) Maestro Martino.
(d) Maestro Remi.
12. What is polenta?
(a) A sausage.
(b) A cut of beef.
(c) A fish dish.
(d) A porridge-like cereal.
13. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
14. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) The ingredients were different.
(b) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(c) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(d) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
15. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
(a) A consultant.
(b) A part time employe.
(c) A cleaning boy.
(d) An unpaid intern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
2. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
3. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
4. What did Batali really want to do?
5. Why was Holly Burling hired?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)