|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) That Batali did not like football.
(b) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(c) That Batali was not famous.
(d) How famous Batali's show made him.
2. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
(c) Frog legs.
3. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Triest.
(c) The Vesuvius.
(d) The Ro.
4. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it takes days to cook.
(b) That it needed a lot of water.
(c) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(d) That it needed to be stirred.
5. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
(a) A local official.
(b) A librarian.
(c) A priest.
(d) A cook.
6. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) The Biltmore.
(b) Le Cordon Bleu.
(c) The Crota.
(d) The Serendipity.
7. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(d) Porretta Terme.
8. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He had heat stroke.
(b) He wanted to move on.
(c) Batali criticized him.
(d) He dropped a fish.
9. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
(a) His butcher.
10. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to quit.
(b) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
(c) That he was part of the kitchen.
(d) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
11. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
12. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Become a veterinarian.
(b) Have his own TV show.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Become an architect.
13. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) The ingredients were different.
(b) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(c) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
(d) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
14. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(d) The Vatican.
15. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(b) The Eat Well Network.
(d) The Food Network.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
2. What was Marco Pierre White avid at?
3. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
4. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
5. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)