|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On 1st Avenue.
(b) On 5th Avenue.
(c) On Broadway.
(d) On Madison Avenue.
2. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
(a) He needed to go to the hospital.
(b) He had a date.
(c) He had a plane to catch.
(d) He had an interview schedule.
3. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(b) How famous Batali's show made him.
(c) That Batali did not like football.
(d) That Batali was not famous.
4. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
(a) A format that suited him.
(b) Good ingredients.
(c) An audience.
(d) A good producer.
5. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
(a) An ice cream shop.
(b) A butcher shop.
(c) A pizzeria.
(d) A cooking school.
6. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
(a) He took over the kitchen.
(b) He gave advice.
(c) He talked all night with Bill's wife.
(d) He slept.
7. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it takes days to cook.
(b) That it needed a lot of water.
(c) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(d) That it needed to be stirred.
8. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
9. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) Useless in his kitchen.
(b) The only way to get good fish.
(c) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(d) A condiment.
10. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
(a) "Bien Manger Magazine."
(b) "Bon Appetit Magazine."
(c) "Food Magazine."
(d) "Granta Magazine."
11. What chef's work was featured in the 15th century book Bill found?
(a) Maestro Angelo.
(b) Maestro Martino.
(c) Maestro Romani.
(d) Maestro Remi.
12. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
(a) Bill was too clumsy.
(b) Bill was not trained in Italy.
(c) Bill was too young.
(d) He thought Bill was too old to keep up.
13. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Betta.
(b) Chef Marco Pierre White.
(c) Chef Saufia Morina.
(d) Chef Maurice Jaques.
14. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Being demoted.
(c) Being fired.
(d) Having more orders than one can handle making.
15. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own towels.
(b) His own knives.
(c) His own first aid kit.
(d) His own uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
2. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
3. Why was Holly Burling hired?
4. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
5. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)