|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
(a) "De Honest Valitudine."
(b) "De Honesta Voluptate et Valetudine."
(c) "De Volupta et Valitudine."
(d) "De Menagare Pasta Alumina."
2. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) It burns easily.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It is delicate.
(d) It is heavy.
3. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
(a) He talked all night with Bill's wife.
(b) He slept.
(c) He gave advice.
(d) He took over the kitchen.
4. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
(a) The sauce station.
(b) The grill station.
(c) The fish station.
(d) The pasta station.
5. Why was Holly Burling hired?
(a) She had 25 years experience.
(b) She studied in Italy.
(c) She accepted to work for free.
(d) She studied in Batali's school.
6. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
7. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(b) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
(c) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(d) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
8. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
(a) Chuck flap.
(b) Back ribs.
(c) Beef loin.
(d) Baby back ribs.
9. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) How famous Batali's show made him.
(b) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(c) That Batali was not famous.
(d) That Batali did not like football.
10. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
(a) The fish station.
(b) The grill.
(c) The pasta station.
(d) The sauce station.
11. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He slapped him.
(b) He told him to take the night off.
(c) He dressed him down.
(d) He fired him.
12. Where did Batali open his pizzeria in Chapter 15?
(a) On 1st Avenue.
(b) On Madison Avenue.
(c) On 5th Avenue.
(d) On Broadway.
13. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed to be stirred.
(b) That it takes days to cook.
(c) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(d) That it needed a lot of water.
14. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To talk about Italy.
(b) To aks him to take him in.
(c) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(d) To talk about pasta.
15. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(b) Being sick.
(c) Being demoted.
(d) Being fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
2. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
3. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
4. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
5. What was Batali's father profession?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)