|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(b) To aks him to take him in.
(c) To talk about Italy.
(d) To talk about pasta.
2. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(b) Become a veterinarian.
(c) Become an architect.
(d) Have his own TV show.
3. Why was Holly Burling hired?
(a) She studied in Italy.
(b) She studied in Batali's school.
(c) She had 25 years experience.
(d) She accepted to work for free.
4. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed a lot of water.
(b) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(c) That it needed to be stirred.
(d) That it takes days to cook.
5. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(d) Cutting pasta.
6. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(b) That Batali was not famous.
(c) How famous Batali's show made him.
(d) That Batali did not like football.
7. When did Bill first made polenta?
(a) For a benefit dinner in Nashville.
(b) At home.
(c) At the Po.
(d) At the Babbo.
8. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Being demoted.
(c) Being fired.
(d) Having more orders than one can handle making.
9. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) All of them.
(b) None of them.
(c) Half of them.
(d) A third of them.
10. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(a) The Vatican.
11. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
(a) He had a fight with Batali.
(b) He wanted to tour the world.
(c) He wanted to study in Italy.
(d) He wanted to open his restaurant.
12. What did Mario Batali do when invited to Bill's for dinner?
(a) He talked all night with Bill's wife.
(b) He slept.
(c) He took over the kitchen.
(d) He gave advice.
13. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
(a) Back ribs.
(b) Beef loin.
(c) Baby back ribs.
(d) Chuck flap.
14. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He slapped him.
(b) He dressed him down.
(c) He told him to take the night off.
(d) He fired him.
15. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(b) The Eat Well Network.
(d) The Food Network.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
2. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
3. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
4. What station did Bill say he had to take over in Chapter 15?
5. Who did Bill visit the town Batali studied in later on with?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)