|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
2. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
(a) He ignored him all night.
(b) He transferred him to the prep kitchen.
(c) He stood over his shoulder waiting for him to make a mistake.
(d) He gave him contradictory orders.
3. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The youngest chef.
(b) The highest paid chef of his age.
(c) The first American to have a kitchen.
(d) The worst paid chef of his age.
4. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(b) Mark Barrett.
(c) Dominic Cipollone.
5. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(b) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(c) He would have to be second for 6 months.
(d) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
6. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
(a) Spring 1985.
(b) Spring 1986.
(c) Spring 1987
(d) Spring 1988.
7. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Andy's departure.
(b) Batali's new menu.
(c) A health inspection.
(d) Andy's anxiety.
8. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
9. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
(a) He wanted to open his restaurant.
(b) He had a fight with Batali.
(c) He wanted to tour the world.
(d) He wanted to study in Italy.
10. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(c) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
11. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Roberta Tagliani.
(b) Emilia Solimi.
(c) Sophia Romani.
(d) Miriam Leonardi.
12. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it takes days to cook.
(b) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(c) That it needed a lot of water.
(d) That it needed to be stirred.
13. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) Half of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) A third of them.
(d) None of them.
14. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
(a) He worked as a pizza delivery guy.
(b) He opened his own restaurant.
(c) He worked at the "Dimagio."
(d) He worked for a catering company.
15. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
(a) The smokey smell.
(b) A few burns.
(c) A good sauce.
(d) The mark of the grill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
2. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
3. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
4. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
5. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)