|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Babbo's sous chef?
2. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(a) The Food Network.
(b) The Eat Well Network.
3. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
(a) A part time employe.
(b) A consultant.
(c) An unpaid intern.
(d) A cleaning boy.
4. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Betta.
(b) Chef Saufia Morina.
(c) Chef Maurice Jaques.
(d) Chef Marco Pierre White.
5. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(b) An Italian cook.
(c) His wife.
6. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(c) The Vatican.
7. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) His bad temper.
(b) His schedule.
(c) He poor management skills.
(d) His ordering people around.
8. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
(a) He wanted to tour the world.
(b) He wanted to open his restaurant.
(c) He had a fight with Batali.
(d) He wanted to study in Italy.
9. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(b) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
10. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(b) The head of The Food Network.
(d) The IRS.
11. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
(a) That Batali did not like football.
(b) That Batali was a Bears fan.
(c) That Batali was not famous.
(d) How famous Batali's show made him.
12. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
(b) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(c) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(d) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
13. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Being demoted.
(c) Being fired.
(d) Having more orders than one can handle making.
14. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) It is delicate.
(b) It is sticky.
(c) It is heavy.
(d) It burns easily.
15. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own knives.
(b) His own towels.
(c) His own first aid kit.
(d) His own uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
2. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
3. What newspaper put Mario Batali on the map according to Bill?
4. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
5. What book did Bill find out about a 15th century cook?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)