|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Being sick.
(b) Being demoted.
(c) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(d) Being fired.
2. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) A condiment.
(b) Useless in his kitchen.
(c) The only way to get good fish.
(d) The only failure of Italian cooking.
3. Where did Batali move to learn to cook under a matron?
4. What did Bill think at the end of the night in Chapter 15?
(a) That he wanted to open a restaurant.
(b) That he was part of the kitchen.
(c) That he needed to improve to be part of the kitchen.
(d) That he wanted to quit.
5. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(a) An Italian cook.
(c) His wife.
6. What was Batali's father profession?
(a) Military Commander.
(b) Boeing executive.
7. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
(b) Deep dish pizzas.
(c) Flat pizzas.
(d) Meat pizzas.
8. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it needed a lot of water.
(b) That it takes days to cook.
(c) That it needed to be stirred.
(d) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
9. Why did the pastry chef tell Bill he could leave?
(a) He needed to go to the hospital.
(b) He had an interview schedule.
(c) He had a date.
(d) He had a plane to catch.
10. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
11. What restaurant did Batali study in?
(a) La Dolce Vita.
(b) La Betta.
(c) La Volta.
(d) La Riana.
12. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(c) The Eat Well Network.
(d) The Food Network.
13. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) La Dolce Vita.
(b) The Trattoria La Buca.
(c) Dolce Mio.
(d) La Ventura.
14. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
(a) The Rocco.
(b) The Dolce Vita.
(c) The Roccoco.
(d) The Po.
15. What did Batali do on his TV show?
(a) He taught people to cook a specific meal.
(b) He went to restaurants to help them improve.
(c) He went to people's house to cook a meal.
(d) He toured schools to improve nutrition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
2. What promise did Batali and Joe make to Andy?
3. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
4. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
5. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)