|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
(b) He had a terminal disease.
(c) A troubled relationship.
(d) He was depressed.
2. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
(a) He ignored him all night.
(b) He transferred him to the prep kitchen.
(c) He gave him contradictory orders.
(d) He stood over his shoulder waiting for him to make a mistake.
3. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
4. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He dropped a fish.
(b) He had heat stroke.
(c) He wanted to move on.
(d) Batali criticized him.
5. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(b) His wife.
(c) An Italian cook.
6. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Jonathan Lynne.
(b) Rober Kempt.
(c) Anthony Matthews.
(d) Marcus Roberts.
7. What handicap did Marco Pierre White have?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He was in a wheelchair.
(c) He was dyslexic.
(d) He was hard of hearing.
8. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of friends.
(b) A group of strangers.
(c) A group of brothers.
(d) A group of cousins.
9. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
(a) A priest.
(b) A cook.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A local official.
10. What didn't Bill have that annoyed his direct boss in Batali's kitchen?
(a) His own uniform.
(b) His own first aid kit.
(c) His own towels.
(d) His own knives.
11. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(b) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
(c) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(d) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
12. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Italian Kitchen.
(b) Bon Appetit.
(c) Malto Mario.
(d) Dinner with Mario.
13. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(a) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
14. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
(a) The Red Socks.
(b) New York Giants.
(c) The Bears.
(d) The Redskins.
15. What does the food prepared on the grill have to be considered acceptable?
(a) The mark of the grill.
(b) A good sauce.
(c) The smokey smell.
(d) A few burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
2. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
3. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
4. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
5. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)