|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
(b) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(c) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(d) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
2. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(c) An Italian cook.
(d) His wife.
3. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
4. Who did Batali study under in Italy?
5. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
(a) The Mario dona.
(b) The Bardo.
(d) The Bibbi.
6. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
(d) Porretta Terme.
7. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of brothers.
(b) A group of strangers.
(c) A group of cousins.
(d) A group of friends.
8. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
9. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Marcus Roberts.
(b) Jonathan Lynne.
(c) Anthony Matthews.
(d) Rober Kempt.
10. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Bologna and Florence.
(c) Between Milan and Verona.
(d) Between Naples and Bologna.
11. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) The Trattoria La Buca.
(b) Dolce Mio.
(c) La Dolce Vita.
(d) La Ventura.
12. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Ro.
(b) The Vesuvius.
(c) The Triest.
(d) The Po.
13. What stuffed fish did Bill have trouble with at the grill?
14. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
(a) A part time employe.
(b) A cleaning boy.
(c) An unpaid intern.
(d) A consultant.
15. What TV network was Batali's cooking show on?
(c) The Eat Well Network.
(d) The Food Network.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
2. What is polenta?
3. How many time did Bill drop or burn the stuffed fish on the grill?
4. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
5. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)