|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the article about Batali attract the attention of according to Bill?
(a) The IRS.
(c) The head of The Food Network.
2. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
(a) A local official.
(b) A priest.
(c) A cook.
(d) A librarian.
3. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(a) Dominic Cipollone.
(d) Mark Barrett.
4. What did Batali do to Dominic when Dominic bumped into him?
(a) He told him to take the night off.
(b) He dressed him down.
(c) He fired him.
(d) He slapped him.
5. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) The Trattoria La Buca.
(b) La Ventura.
(c) La Dolce Vita.
(d) Dolce Mio.
6. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
(a) Frog legs.
7. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
(a) Andy's departure.
(b) Batali's new menu.
(c) Andy's anxiety.
(d) A health inspection.
8. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(b) An Italian cook.
(d) His wife.
9. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
10. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He wanted to move on.
(b) Batali criticized him.
(c) He had heat stroke.
(d) He dropped a fish.
11. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
(a) Mark Barrett.
(d) Dominic Cipollone.
12. Who was the expediter at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) Dominic Cipollone.
(b) Mark Barrett.
13. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of strangers.
(b) A group of cousins.
(c) A group of brothers.
(d) A group of friends.
14. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) His ordering people around.
(b) His schedule.
(c) He poor management skills.
(d) His bad temper.
15. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
2. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
3. When did Bill first made polenta?
4. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
5. What station did Bill beg Batali to assign him to?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)