Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the sous chef do to Bill during the night in Chapter 15?
(a) He transferred him to the prep kitchen.
(b) He stood over his shoulder waiting for him to make a mistake.
(c) He gave him contradictory orders.
(d) He ignored him all night.
2. What was polenta made of before the 16th century?
(b) A variety of grains, including barley.
(d) From a grain called Amani that disappeared in the 18th century.
3. Where was the restaurant Batali turned down?
4. Who did Batali open a pizzeria with according to Chapter 15?
5. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Marco Pierre White.
(b) Chef Saufia Morina.
(c) Chef Maurice Jaques.
(d) Chef Betta.
6. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The resturant was sold.
(b) Downturn in the economy.
(c) Batali left.
(d) The cook left.
7. How many restaurants did Batali own when he met Bill?
8. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(b) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(c) He would have to be second for 6 months.
(d) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
9. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To aks him to take him in.
(b) To talk about pasta.
(c) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
(d) To talk about Italy.
10. What restaurant did Batali open after joining The Food Network?
(a) The Po.
(b) The Ro.
(c) The Triest.
(d) The Vesuvius.
11. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) Useless in his kitchen.
(b) The only way to get good fish.
(c) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(d) A condiment.
12. What was an "extern" in Batali's kitchen?
(a) A consultant.
(b) A cleaning boy.
(c) A part time employe.
(d) An unpaid intern.
13. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He dropped a fish.
(b) He wanted to move on.
(c) He had heat stroke.
(d) Batali criticized him.
14. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Italian Kitchen.
(b) Bon Appetit.
(c) Dinner with Mario.
(d) Malto Mario.
15. What network executive read the article that put Batali on the Map?
(a) Anthony Matthews.
(b) Rober Kempt.
(c) Marcus Roberts.
(d) Jonathan Lynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant did Batali study in?
2. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
3. What was Batali never able to find on TV?
4. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
5. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)