|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali insist would be served at the pizzeria despite concern that it was not good?
(a) Meat pizzas.
(c) Flat pizzas.
(d) Deep dish pizzas.
2. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The resturant was sold.
(b) The cook left.
(c) Downturn in the economy.
(d) Batali left.
3. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
(a) Bill was not trained in Italy.
(b) Bill was too clumsy.
(c) He thought Bill was too old to keep up.
(d) Bill was too young.
4. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
5. Why was Holly Burling hired?
(a) She studied in Italy.
(b) She had 25 years experience.
(c) She accepted to work for free.
(d) She studied in Batali's school.
6. Who did Batali open a restaurant with in 1992?
(a) Sophia Lenguini.
(b) Arturo Sighinolfi.
(c) Pierro Maltoni.
(d) Roberto Casineli.
7. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) His ordering people around.
(b) His bad temper.
(c) He poor management skills.
(d) His schedule.
8. Who worked the grill at Babbo?
(b) Dominic Cipollone.
(d) Mark Barrett.
9. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
(a) Between Rome and Florence.
(b) Between Naples and Bologna.
(c) Between Milan and Verona.
(d) Between Bologna and Florence.
10. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Sophia Romani.
(b) Emilia Solimi.
(c) Roberta Tagliani.
(d) Miriam Leonardi.
11. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) Le Cordon Bleu.
(b) The Serendipity.
(c) The Biltmore.
(d) The Crota.
12. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(b) That it needed to be stirred.
(c) That it needed a lot of water.
(d) That it takes days to cook.
13. What were the short ribs replaced by at Babbo?
(a) Chuck flap.
(b) Beef loin.
(c) Baby back ribs.
(d) Back ribs.
14. What was the name of Batali's TV show?
(a) Dinner with Mario.
(b) Bon Appetit.
(c) Malto Mario.
(d) Italian Kitchen.
15. What does Batali say Ragu is?
(a) Useless in his kitchen.
(b) The only failure of Italian cooking.
(c) The only way to get good fish.
(d) A condiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Bill take Batali to after dinner?
2. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
3. What led to a great deal of tension in the Babbo kitchen?
4. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
5. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)