|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Apprentice: Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Batali do on his TV show?
(a) He went to people's house to cook a meal.
(b) He taught people to cook a specific meal.
(c) He went to restaurants to help them improve.
(d) He toured schools to improve nutrition.
2. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
(b) "The New York Post."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The New Yorker."
3. When did Bill first made polenta?
(a) For a benefit dinner in Nashville.
(b) At the Po.
(c) At home.
(d) At the Babbo.
4. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
(a) Batali didn't want to give away all his secrets.
(b) Because it was difficult to downscale restaurant receipes.
(c) The ingredients were different.
(d) Batali didn't have the time to do the complete recipe.
5. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
(a) Emilia Solimi.
(b) Miriam Leonardi.
(c) Roberta Tagliani.
(d) Sophia Romani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first tried Andy's menu at his restaurant?
2. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
3. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
4. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
5. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)