|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Apprentice: Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is polenta made of?
(a) Five different fishes.
(d) Beef, chicken and pork meat with spices.
2. What was Bill obsessed with at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) When pasta was invented.
(b) When eggs were first introduced in pasta.
(c) When pasta came to Italy.
(d) When flour was first introduced in pasta.
3. What was the article that put Batali on the map about?
(a) Batali's restaurant.
(b) New York food industry.
(c) How pasta was made.
(d) A group of chefs that met to relax.
4. What did Dario want to become before returning to the family business?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A veterinarian.
5. What does "hammered" mean in a kitchen?
(a) Having more orders than one can handle making.
(b) Being demoted.
(c) Being sick.
(d) Being fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
2. Who ran the restaurant Bill ate at in Chapter 10?
3. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
4. What was the name of the building where Batali opened his pizzeria?
5. Who wrote the the book Bill found that finally answered his question?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)