|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kitchen Slave: Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) The cook left.
(b) Downturn in the economy.
(c) Batali left.
(d) The resturant was sold.
2. What did Batali have to learn at the Italian restaurant?
(c) Cutting pasta.
3. When did Batali move to California according to Chapter 2?
(a) Spring 1988.
(b) Spring 1986.
(c) Spring 1985.
(d) Spring 1987
4. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(b) Become an architect.
(c) Become a veterinarian.
(d) Have his own TV show.
5. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The New York Post."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
2. Who did Bill work under in Batali's kitchen?
3. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
4. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
5. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)