|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kitchen Slave: Chapters 4-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
(a) His butcher.
2. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The Washington Post."
(c) "The New York Post."
(d) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
3. Why did the restaurant Batali studied at fail?
(a) Batali left.
(b) Downturn in the economy.
(c) The cook left.
(d) The resturant was sold.
4. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
(a) Her tortellini recipe.
(b) Her trenette recipe.
(c) Her cannelloni recipe.
(d) Her capellini receipe.
5. What restaurant offered Batali his first kitchen?
(a) The Crota.
(b) The Biltmore.
(c) The Serendipity.
(d) Le Cordon Bleu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Batali do before working at the Four Seasons hotel?
2. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
3. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
4. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
5. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)