Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Apprentice: Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill beg Betta to teach him?
(a) How to make tortellini.
(b) How to make spaghetti.
(c) How to make caneloni.
(d) How to make ravioli.
2. What is polenta?
(a) A cut of beef.
(b) A fish dish.
(c) A porridge-like cereal.
(d) A sausage.
3. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
(b) "The New York Post."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The New Yorker."
4. What bled into Marco Pierre White's life according to Bill?
(a) He poor management skills.
(b) His schedule.
(c) His ordering people around.
(d) His bad temper.
5. What restaurant did Bill eat at in Italy in Chapter 10?
(a) Dolce Mio.
(b) La Dolce Vita.
(c) La Ventura.
(d) The Trattoria La Buca.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the article that put Mario Batali on the map published according to Bill in Chapter 13?
2. What dish was Bill allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
3. How long after taking over the grill was Bill hammered for the first time?
4. What animal was Bill finally allowed to help prepare in Chapter 23?
5. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)