|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Line Cook: Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bill meet with Marco Pierre White?
(a) To talk about Italy.
(b) To talk about pasta.
(c) To aks him to take him in.
(d) To ask him what Batali learned from him.
2. Who did Batali work under after studying at Le Cordon Bleu?
(a) Chef Maurice Jaques.
(b) Chef Saufia Morina.
(c) Chef Betta.
(d) Chef Marco Pierre White.
3. Who taught Bill where short ribs came from?
(c) His butcher.
4. Why did Bill have trouble with the stuffed fish on the grill?
(a) It burns easily.
(b) It is heavy.
(c) It is sticky.
(d) It is delicate.
5. What did Batali become when he accepted his first kitchen?
(a) The worst paid chef of his age.
(b) The highest paid chef of his age.
(c) The youngest chef.
(d) The first American to have a kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
2. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
3. What magazine did Bill Buford found?
4. Where did Batali consider buying a vineyard when he first met Bill?
5. What large cities was the city Batali studied cooking between?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)