|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Line Cook: Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The New Yorker."
(b) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
(c) "The New York Post."
(d) "The Washington Post."
2. Who was doing the menial work in Babbo's kitchen?
(a) A group of brothers.
(b) A group of strangers.
(c) A group of cousins.
(d) A group of friends.
3. What did Batali really want to do?
(a) Become an architect.
(b) Become a veterinarian.
(c) Learn to cook like his grandmother.
(d) Have his own TV show.
4. What city was the 15th century book Bill found written in?
(a) The Vatican.
5. Why would Bill never have the chance to work with Marco Pierre White?
(a) Marco Pierre White retired from cooking.
(b) Marco Pierre White died after the interview.
(c) Marco Pierre White lost his restaurant.
(d) Marco Pierre White hated Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Batali's father profession?
2. In what Italian city did Batali study cooking according to Chapter 4?
3. What did Bill discover can be a good addition to a sauce despite the fact that he never liked it before?
4. What did Bill discover about Batali while at the game?
5. Why did Batali initially refuse to transfer Bill to the station he begged for?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)