|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Line Cook: Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine was Bill Buford a staff writer for, according to Chapter 1?
(a) "The San Francisco Chronicles."
(b) "The New Yorker."
(c) "The Washington Post."
(d) "The New York Post."
2. Why was Bill pushed off the grill station?
(a) He wanted to move on.
(b) He had heat stroke.
(c) He dropped a fish.
(d) Batali criticized him.
3. Who wrote the book Bill found about a 15th century cook?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A cook.
(c) A local official.
(d) A priest.
4. What was Batali's condition when he assigned Bill to the station he begged to be on?
(a) He would have to spend two years in Italy.
(b) He would have to make pasta that Batali likes.
(c) He would need to prepare the pasta in the prep kitchen first.
(d) He would have to be second for 6 months.
5. What was Batali's signature restaurant?
(a) The Bibbi.
(c) The Bardo.
(d) The Mario dona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the pastry chef in Batali's restaurant?
2. What restaurant did Batali open in 1992?
3. Who was the saute chef at Babbo?
4. Why did Nick leave Babbo?
5. Who was the pasta guy at Babbo?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)