|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Apprentice: Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bill learn about polenta at Babbo Restaurant?
(a) That it should be cooked for hours and not stirred.
(b) That it takes days to cook.
(c) That it needed a lot of water.
(d) That it needed to be stirred.
2. What song did Dario and Theresa often sing?
(a) "O Solo Mio."
(b) "La Dolce Vita."
(c) "It's Now or Never."
(d) "Core 'ngrato."
3. What did Batali do on his TV show?
(a) He taught people to cook a specific meal.
(b) He went to people's house to cook a meal.
(c) He went to restaurants to help them improve.
(d) He toured schools to improve nutrition.
4. Who looked over Bill's shoulder when he first made polenta?
(a) An Italian cook.
(c) His wife.
5. Why did one of Babbo's worker kill himself?
(a) He had a terminal disease.
(b) A troubled relationship.
(d) He was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the meals that Batali cooked on TV never turn out quite the same as in his restaurant according to Bill?
2. What were the two estates flanking Dario's dedicated to?
3. What did the family that owned the restaurant Batali studied at buy after closing the restaurant?
4. What did the chef Batali studied under in Italy refuse to teach him?
5. Where did Bill and his wife return to in Chapter 24?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)