Dinner with Mario and Kitchen Slave: Chapters 1-3
• In Chapter 1, we learn about Bill Bufford, a "New Yorker" staff writer.
• Bill invited famous chef, Mario Batali to a dinner party.
• Batali had a Food Network show.
• Batali was born in the U.S., but moved to Spain when his father moved there for his work with Boeing.
• In Chapter 2, Bill became an unpaid intern for Batali's restaurant, Babbo.
• Bill worked the prep kitchen under Elisa.
• Bill had trouble assimilating everything Elisa was trying to teach him.
• Batali moved to California in 1985 and became a sous chef at Four Seasons before becoming the best paid chef of his age.
• Batali rejected a proposition to move to Hawaii to have his own restaurant.
• Batali decided to go to Italy to learn Italian cooking.
• In Chapter 3, Bill was let go by the pastry chef of Babbo because he had a...
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)