|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XIII Chapter 8 288- 307.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of two categories Eco proposes that thoughts about God fall into in "The Sacred is Not Just a Fashion"?
(a) God in the negative, through what he is not.
(b) God having attributes that humans do not possess.
(c) God is perfect, people are not.
(d) God seeing all things at all times.
2. Sedlmayr asserts that what is a rejection of the upward thrust of other buildings and implies that it means a disconnection from the earth?
(a) The "cantilever."
(b) The see-saw."
(c) The "platform."
(d) The "plank."
3. Eco believes that new "negative theologies" may give insight into what?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(b) Common belief.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Revolutionary thought.
4. When was the first World's Fair or Universal Exhibition held?
(a) London, England.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Rome, Italy.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
5. In what country did Che Guevara head a massive revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco suggests that sports have a definitive healthy purpose, among them what?
2. When was 2001: A Space Odyssey released?
3. Eco discusses the current cultural fascination with the Middle Ages that he refers to as what?
4. According to Eco, hyper reality serves to confuse the boundaries of what?
5. What common contemporary phrase did Marshall McLuhan coin?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)