|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI Chapter 6 239-268.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eco asserts that America has its own "Fortresses of Solitude" and it is the realm in which what is found?
(b) Hyper reality.
(c) Black holes.
2. What was the Roman Colosseum used principally to host?
(a) Chariot races.
(c) Gladiatorial shows.
3. Where is the Ringling Museum of Art located?
(a) Tallahassee, Florida.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Sarasota, Florida.
(d) Savannah, Georgia.
4. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
5. What common contemporary phrase did Marshall McLuhan coin?
(b) The Coriolis Effect.
(c) Greenhouse Gases.
(d) The Global Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco suggests that it is the creative interplay of the signs that is what, in "Language, Power, Force"?
2. Eco suggests that both Hans Sedlmayr and Marshall McLuhan use similar facts and arrive at what?
3. According to Eco, hyper reality serves to confuse the boundaries of what?
4. When was Che Guevara born?
5. Whose theory asserts that non-material abstract (but substantial) forms (or ideas), and not the material world of change known to us through sensation, possess the highest and most fundamental kind of reality?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)