|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX Chapter 5 197- 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jim Jones' cult members commit mass suicide?
(a) Waco, Texas.
(b) Johannesburg, South Africa.
(c) Lima, Peru.
(d) Jonestown, Guyana.
2. Where was Che Guevara from?
3. What is the third realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) Art and museums.
(d) The theatre.
4. Eco asserts that nature is a victim of what by way of zoos and aquariums?
(b) Animal cruelty.
(d) Hyper reality.
5. What refers to an original model of a person, ideal example, or a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated; a symbol universally recognized by all?
(a) Inter-textual truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sixth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
2. What American film star was killed by the Manson family?
3. What was the Roman Colosseum used principally to host?
4. Where is the art display of the two women described in Section I - Chapter 1, "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
5. When was Jim Jones born?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)