|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX Chapter 5 197- 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American film star was killed by the Manson family?
(a) Sharon Tate.
(b) Gary Hinman.
(c) Bernard Crowe.
(d) Leno LaBianca.
2. What is the seventh type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages of the philosophia perennis.
(b) The Middle Ages of Decadentism.
(c) The Middle Ages as the site of an ironical revisitation.
(d) The Middle Ages as a pretext.
3. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
4. In "Culture as a Show Business" Eco discusses the fact that culture until recently dictated that things must be what?
5. Whose theory asserts that non-material abstract (but substantial) forms (or ideas), and not the material world of change known to us through sensation, possess the highest and most fundamental kind of reality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco suggests that sports have a definitive healthy purpose, among them what?
2. Where is Disneyland Park located?
3. Ego proposes that our fascination with the Middle Ages is related to a desire to do what?
4. When were the earliest American blue jeans made?
5. Eco asserts that because of the multinational arrangement, there is no head of a particular government or country that can be toppled in order to change what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)