|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX Chapter 5 197- 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Walt Disney World Resort located?
(a) Key West, Florida.
(b) Palm Beach, Florida.
(c) Orlando, Florida.
(d) Tampa, Florida.
2. Ego proposes that our fascination with the Middle Ages is related to a desire to do what?
(b) Examine our origins.
(c) Predict the future.
(d) Understand the past.
3. What fake aspect was built to house the Ringling Museum of Art?
(a) Ripley's Museums.
(b) The Palazzo.
(c) The Bellagio.
(d) The big top.
4. The works of art within the Ringling Museum of Art are what?
(b) Scale models.
5. Eco writes, "Only when the song has become entirely unpleasant will the audience" do what?
(a) Buy the album.
(b) Feel happy at last.
(c) Tell their friends.
(d) Stand and applaud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common contemporary phrase did Marshall McLuhan coin?
2. Eco suggests that what implies having the conversation that compares the coding at the receiver with the coding at the source?
3. What is the first type of object Eco analyzes in "Two Families of Objects"?
4. Who created Superman?
5. Eco asserts that sport now exists mainly for what reasons?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)