|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX Chapter 5 197- 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marshall McLuhan suggests that the Middle Ages was characterized by the heavy emphasis on the formal study of what?
2. Who created Superman?
(a) Mike Mignola.
(b) Jerry Siegal.
(c) Darwyn Cooke.
(d) Gail Simone.
3. In "Living in the New Middle Ages," Eco asserts that one of the hallmarks of the Middle Ages was the decline of a period of peace that was brought about by what?
(a) Advanced weapons.
(b) A superpower.
(c) The plague.
(d) A tyrant.
4. What does Eco assert that Disney suggests that the imitation of reality is so accurate that reality pales in comparison?
(a) Auto-astronomic technology.
(b) Audio-animatronic technology.
(c) Audio-astronomic technology.
(d) Auto-animatronic technology.
5. Eco asserts that because of the multinational arrangement, there is no head of a particular government or country that can be toppled in order to change what?
(a) The family unit.
(b) The arts world.
(c) The military.
(d) The status quo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco proposes that all use of hyper reality is an attempt to create a monument or a permanent structure that will allow for what?
2. Eco asserts that sport now exists mainly for what reasons?
3. Eco relates his experience of having the song "Lady Barbara" burst into his head to what?
4. What is the fifth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
5. Where was Marshall McLuhan born?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)