|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Chapter 3 113 -132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the eighth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages as the site of an ironical revisitation.
(b) The Middle Ages as the site of an ironical revisitation.
(c) The Middle Ages of philological reconstruction.
(d) The Middle Ages of Romanticism.
2. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
3. What American film star was killed by the Manson family?
(a) Gary Hinman.
(b) Sharon Tate.
(c) Bernard Crowe.
(d) Leno LaBianca.
4. Who created Superman?
(a) Darwyn Cooke.
(b) Mike Mignola.
(c) Jerry Siegal.
(d) Gail Simone.
5. In addition to the organized religions, Eco proposes that there is also what for those who have been somewhat on the margins of society?
(a) Silent worship.
(b) A "new religiosity."
(c) Spiritual beliefs.
(d) Anonymous churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Living in the New Middle Ages," Eco asserts that one of the hallmarks of the Middle Ages was the decline of a period of peace that was brought about by what?
2. When did Jim Jones die?
3. What is the fourth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
4. What does Eco suggest serve as a museum of memories for Superman?
5. Eco asserts that terrorism gives what a reason to exist?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)