|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Chapter 3 113 -132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cult which Jim Jones founded?
(a) The People's Temple.
(b) The Church of Abraham.
(c) The Commoner's Church.
(d) The Temple of Peace.
2. Eco suggests of religion that these monuments that are being created are a form of timelessness that satisfies human desire for what?
3. What is the sixth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages of national identities.
(b) The Middle Ages as a barbaric age.
(c) The Middle Ages of philological reconstruction.
(d) The Middle Ages of so-called Tradition.
4. When was Jim Jones born?
5. In "The Sacred is Not Just a Fashion" Eco again returns to the metaphor of Superman to what?
(a) A dog.
(c) A car.
(d) A train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ideology of progress seeks to improve the world through the use of science and technology?
2. What term refers to a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time?
3. When did the Red Brigade, headed by Mario Moretti, kidnap the former Christian Democrat Prime Minister Aldo Moro, killing five men of his entourage and subsequently murdering him 54 days later?
4. When did the Western Roman Empire fall?
5. In "The Sacred is Not Just a Fashion," Eco suggests that the story of what heralds the return to religion?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)