|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Chapter 3 113 -132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ideology of progress seeks to improve the world through the use of science and technology?
2. What period followed the Middle Ages?
(a) The Late Mordern Era.
(b) The Early Modern Era.
(c) The Bronze Age.
(d) The Electronic Age.
3. The Middle Ages was a period of European history from the 5th century to what century?
4. What does Eco suggest serve as a museum of memories for Superman?
(b) The city lights.
(c) Newspaper clippings.
5. Where is the Ringling Museum of Art located?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Tallahassee, Florida.
(d) Sarasota, Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the study of signs and sign processes, indication, designation, likeness, analogy, metaphor, symbolism, signification, and communication?
2. What refers to a series of wax museums found throughout the country that are famous for their attention to detail and for having some truly unique objects found nowhere else?
3. What is the sixth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
4. What is the first type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
5. In "Whose Side are the Orixa on?" Eco describes sacred rites of whom?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)