|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section V - Chapter 3 113 -132.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Sacred is Not Just a Fashion" Eco again returns to the metaphor of Superman to what?
(a) A dog.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
2. What does Eco assert that Disney suggests that the imitation of reality is so accurate that reality pales in comparison?
(a) Audio-astronomic technology.
(b) Auto-animatronic technology.
(c) Auto-astronomic technology.
(d) Audio-animatronic technology.
3. What refers to an intentional interpersonal relationship used by trained psychologists to aid a client or patient in problems of living?
(a) Shock therapy.
(d) Physical therapy.
4. What is the tenth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages of national identities.
(b) The Middle Ages of so-called Tradition.
(c) The Middle Ages of philological reconstruction.
(d) The expectation of the Millennium.
5. When was Umberto Eco born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
2. What were a Marxist-Leninist terrorist group based in Italy and active, via a number of political assassinations, during the "Years of Lead"?
3. Eco discusses the current cultural fascination with the Middle Ages that he refers to as what?
4. When did the Red Brigade, headed by Mario Moretti, kidnap the former Christian Democrat Prime Minister Aldo Moro, killing five men of his entourage and subsequently murdering him 54 days later?
5. Eco asserts that America is a country that is fixated on realism, even to the point of obtaining "real" what?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)