|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III Chapter 2 pgs 59-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the art display of the two women described in Section I - Chapter 1, "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) The New York School of Geology.
(b) The New York School of Hyperbole.
(c) The New York School of Geography.
(d) The New York School of Holography.
2. Eco discusses the current cultural fascination with the Middle Ages that he refers to as what?
(a) The "neo-medieval wave."
(b) "The royal inspiration."
(c) "Round table insanity."
(d) "Castle of wonder."
3. What is the first realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) Art and museums.
(c) Sports and arenas.
4. When was Superman created?
5. Eco asserts that the Middle Ages were the beginning of several practices including modern armies, a national state, capitalistic economy, and what?
(a) The "technological transformation of labor".
(b) The "age of robots."
(c) The "need for convenience."
(d) The "sanitation era."
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco describes hyper reality as a situation in which the real is portrayed through the what?
2. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
3. The Getty Museum is described by Eco as maintaining a fierce discipline towards faithful historic presentation of authentic works of art in what way?
4. Ego proposes that our fascination with the Middle Ages is related to a desire to do what?
5. What is the eighth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)