|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III Chapter 2 pgs 59-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ninth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages of the philosophia perennis.
(b) The Middle Ages as the site of an ironical revisitation.
(c) The Middle Ages of Romanticism.
(d) The Middle Ages of so-called Tradition.
2. What is the third realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) Art and museums.
(b) The theatre.
3. Eco proposes that tourists at Disney must have a certain passivity and behave as what in order to enjoy themselves?
(b) Wild animals.
4. When did the Western Roman Empire fall?
5. What refers to the study of signs and sign processes, indication, designation, likeness, analogy, metaphor, symbolism, signification, and communication?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco asserts that nature is a victim of what by way of zoos and aquariums?
2. What does Eco assert that Disney suggests that the imitation of reality is so accurate that reality pales in comparison?
3. In "City of Robots," Eco asserts that in America there are cities that are created purely for what?
4. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
5. What is the first realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)