|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XI Chapter 6 239-268.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the art display of the two women described in Section I - Chapter 1, "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) The New York School of Hyperbole.
(b) The New York School of Holography.
(c) The New York School of Geology.
(d) The New York School of Geography.
2. When was Karl Marx born?
3. In "Sports Chatter" Eco remarks that it would be easier to have a protest in what than a football field?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A church.
(d) A library.
4. What does Eco assert that Disney suggests that the imitation of reality is so accurate that reality pales in comparison?
(a) Audio-animatronic technology.
(b) Auto-animatronic technology.
(c) Auto-astronomic technology.
(d) Audio-astronomic technology.
5. In "Living in the New Middle Ages," Eco asserts that one of the hallmarks of the Middle Ages was the decline of a period of peace that was brought about by what?
(a) The plague.
(b) A tyrant.
(c) A superpower.
(d) Advanced weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eco asserts that nature is a victim of what by way of zoos and aquariums?
2. What common contemporary phrase did Marshall McLuhan coin?
3. Eco asserts that sport now exists mainly for what reasons?
4. Eco describes Sedlmayr's treatment of art as what?
5. Eco uses the story of Superman as an allegory of America and suggests that he has need of returning to what from time to time?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)