|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII - Chapter 5 181 - 196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Karl Marx born?
2. Where is the J. Paul Getty Museum located?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) San Jose, California.
(c) Malibu, California.
(d) Sacramento, California.
3. In "Two Families of Objects," what market does Eco refer to as a "temple" at which the semiotic signs of consumerism may be studied?
(a) The London Farmers Market.
(b) Milan Trade Fair.
(c) The Cairo Bazaar.
(d) The Tokyo Fish Market.
4. What is the ninth type of Middle Ages presented by Eco in order to approach the subject in a disciplined way?
(a) The Middle Ages of so-called Tradition.
(b) The Middle Ages of Romanticism.
(c) The Middle Ages of the philosophia perennis.
(d) The Middle Ages as the site of an ironical revisitation.
5. Eco suggests of religion that these monuments that are being created are a form of timelessness that satisfies human desire for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
2. When did the Western Roman Empire fall?
3. In what essay does Eco discuss the qualities of blue jeans?
4. What common contemporary phrase did Marshall McLuhan coin?
5. Where is Disneyland Park located?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)