|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many ways does Aristotle say the method of imitation can differ?
2. What type of poetry does Aristotle say focuses on serious and important actions?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Roman poetry.
(d) Greek poetry.
3. When the poet takes the appropriate steps in developing plot, Aristotle explains that the poet is much more likely to do what?
(a) Have a strong ending.
(b) Have more consistencies in the plot.
(c) Have a strong beginning.
(d) Choose great characters.
4. Aristotle says that at most, episodic plots involve what?
(a) Strange irony.
(b) Disconnected foreshadowing.
(c) Sad middle and happy ending.
(d) The same characters.
5. Like any art, poetry is defined by Aristotle as what?
(a) A rhyme with more than four sentences.
(b) A kind of imitation.
(c) A funny story.
(d) A theatrical play.
Short Answer Questions
1. The object poetry portrays is what, according to Aristotle?
2. In the context of poetry, Aristotle explains that rhythm is used in the form of a what?
3. Aristotle states that poetry depicts what?
4. In poetry, Aristotle says that in the "Odyssey" recognition comes about how??
5. Men are drawn to write poetry for several reasons. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons Aristotle provides?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)