|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What notable book did psychiatrist Daniel Stern write?
(a) The Agitated/Violent Patient, Self-harm and suicide.
(b) Somatoform Disorders.
(c) Dementia, Delirium, and Psychiatric Symptoms Secondary to General Medical Conditions.
(d) The Interpersonal World of the Infant.
2. T. Berry Brazelton found through research that a child's readiness for learning is based on seven key factors. Which is the second?
3. What does “DSM” refer to?
(a) Disease Spreading Material.
(b) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
(c) Depression and Sleep Apnea Medicine.
(d) Damaging Social Manners.
4. Children who are disciplined irregularly or based on the mood of the parents learn what that can follow them through life, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
5. According to the author in Part Three: Chapter 10, “Managing with Heart,” the days of the bully manager are over in favor of building what in the workplace?
(a) Friendships and respect.
(b) Positive attitude.
(c) Consensus and harmony.
(d) Company pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. John Gottman is a professor emeritus at what university?
2. Abuse warps a child's perceptions about what, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
3. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the second?
4. According to the author in Part Five: Chapter 15, “The Cost of Emotional Illiteracy,” alcoholics tend to have a biological marker of under-producing what neurotransmitter that regulates anxiety?
5. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)