|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in “Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies,” boys honor independence while girls treasure what?
2. What is the process of associating non-threatening things with something feared?
(a) Fear conditioning.
(d) Working memory.
3. Where is neuroscientist Torsten Wiesel from?
4. The neocortex is the "seat of” what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
5. Researcher Ulf Dimberg found that expressions of emotion are contagious with the transfer of mood coming from the more what person to others?
(a) Socially dominant.
(b) Scientifically inclined.
(c) Socially engaged.
(d) Forcefully expressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marriages that began in 1890 suffered a divorce rate of what percentage, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
2. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
3. Who found that husbands find disagreements more stressful and therefore have a lower threshold for flooding leading them to stonewall as a protective defense?
4. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the second?
5. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)