|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are released by the adrenal glands as a reaction to stress, raising blood pressure, heart rate and the breathing rate and increasing muscle strength in a state of alertness?
2. Corporate consultant and psychoanalyst Harry Levinson advises managers on how to coach employees. What is the first piece of advice he gives?
(a) Offer a solution.
(b) Be sympathetic.
(c) Be specific.
(d) Be present.
3. Abuse warps a child's perceptions about what, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
4. According to an example in “Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies,” when boys play a sports game and one gets injured, the injured is expected to do what?
(a) Call for his mother.
(b) Get the attention of the referee.
(c) Get off the field.
(d) Plead for a penalty.
5. Fear arouses the body to fight or flight by doing what within the body?
(a) Increasing awareness.
(b) Sending blood to the major muscles.
(c) Decreasing brain activity.
(d) Causing respiration to decrease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Judith Lewis Herman discovered three vital stages for retraining the brain of people suffering from PTSD. What is the third stage discussed in Part Four: Chapter 13, “Trauma and Emotional Relearning”?
2. Leslie Brody and who summarize research on the emotional development of boys and girls in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
3. Psychologist C. R. Snyder works at what university?
4. Worriers believe they are planning ahead to ward off danger, but in fact, the act of worrying prevents them from what, according to the author?
5. What psychologist states that psychopaths may lack compassion and empathy for others because they themselves do not feel fear and cannot anticipate consequences in Part Two: Chapter 7, “The Roots of Empathy”?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)