|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. David Spiegel is one of the most respected experts in the clinical uses of what?
(a) Fear conditioning.
2. According to Dr. Charles Nemeroff, the sufferers of PTSD experience a numbing of pain thanks to a higher secretion of what?
(a) Carbon Dioxide.
3. Dolf Zillmann found that the universal trigger for anger is what?
(a) A sense of enlightenment.
(b) A sense of empathy.
(c) A sense of entitlement.
(d) A sense of endangerment.
4. Walter Mischel works as a psychologist at what university?
(a) The University of Wisconsin.
(b) New York University.
(c) Pennsylvania State University.
(d) Columbia University.
5. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the third category?
(a) Motivating one's self.
(b) Knowing one’s emotions.
(c) Managing emotions.
(d) Handling relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Psychiatrist Daniel Stern identified the process of reinforcing empathy in children as what?
2. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
3. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the first category?
4. T. Berry Brazelton is a pediatrician from what institution?
5. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)