|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what institution does psychologist Bruce McEven work?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Duke University.
2. Daniel Goleman currently co-directs the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations at what university?
(a) New York University.
(b) The University of Alabama.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) The University of Washington.
3. Worriers believe they are planning ahead to ward off danger, but in fact, the act of worrying prevents them from what, according to the author?
(a) Neural hijacking.
(b) Objective thinking.
(d) Fight or flight.
4. What researcher argues that the roots of morality come from empathy?
(a) Jerome Kagan.
(b) Martin Hoffman.
(c) Robert Hare.
(d) Richard Davidson.
5. The Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test was originated in what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the second?
2. When was Daniel Goleman born?
3. Who found that husbands find disagreements more stressful and therefore have a lower threshold for flooding leading them to stonewall as a protective defense?
4. Physical changes in the brains of PTSD sufferers include: increased production of stress hormones and a lowered ability to control what response?
5. T. Berry Brazelton found through research that a child's readiness for learning is based on seven key factors. Which is the second?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)