|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychologist tracked 200 couples identifying significant signs that predict which marriages will fail based on how they handle disagreements?
(a) Peter Sifneos.
(b) Howard Gardner.
(c) Thomas Hatch.
(d) John Gottman.
2. Psychologist C. R. Snyder studied students’ grades in relation to their level of what?
(a) Community involvement.
(b) Family wealth.
(c) Hope of success.
(d) Time spent watching television.
3. What release is a crucial component of the fight-or-flight response of the sympathetic nervous system?
(d) Carbon Dioxide.
4. According to the author in “Part Three: Chapter 11, Mind and Medicine,” various studies prove that helping people manage their emotions is a form of what?
(a) Disease prevention.
(b) Deferred gratification.
(c) Anger management.
(d) Fear conditioning.
5. Dr. Judith Lewis Herman is a professor of clinical psychiatry at the Medical School of what institution?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Walter Mischel works as a psychologist at what university?
2. Dr. John Gottman and a colleague identified the three most toxic parenting styles. Which is the first discussed in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
3. According to an example in “Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies,” when boys play a sports game and one gets injured, the injured is expected to do what?
4. Venting anger generally does what, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves”?
5. Dolf Zillmann found that the universal trigger for anger is what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)