|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. T. Berry Brazelton found through research that a child's readiness for learning is based on seven key factors. Which is the second?
2. Walter Mischel works as a psychologist at what university?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) New York University.
(d) The University of Wisconsin.
3. At what institution does psychologist Bruce McEven work?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What part of the brain interprets the world through the sense of smell?
(a) The olfactory lobe.
(b) The brainstem.
(c) The amygdala.
(d) The neocortex.
5. According to Dr. Charles Nemeroff, the sufferers of PTSD experience a numbing of pain thanks to a higher secretion of what?
(d) Carbon Dioxide.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the second?
2. According to researchers in “Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies,” girls learn what faster than boys, and therefore become more skilled at expressing and reading emotions?
3. Dr. David Spiegel studied women in the advanced stage of what disease?
4. What percentage or more of an emotional message is communicated non-verbally?
5. What does “FACS” stand for?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)