|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lawsuits against what corporation for their poor treatment of black patrons cost the company in money and in reputation, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 10, “Managing with Heart”?
(a) Denny’s restaurants.
(d) Bank of America.
2. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the second?
(a) Social analysis.
(b) Negotiating solutions.
(c) Organizing groups.
(d) Personal connection.
3. Dolf Zillmann is a psychologist at what university?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Duke University.
(d) The University of Alabama.
4. Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi works at what university?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Claremont Graduate University.
5. The way men and women communicate comes from training in childhood and what, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
(a) School education.
(b) Verbal development.
(d) Mathematical development.
Short Answer Questions
1. Psychologist Bruce McEven showed in studies that what weaken the immune system, increasing vulnerability to diabetes, ulcers, and the spread of cancer?
2. Psychiatrist Daniel Stern identified the process of reinforcing empathy in children as what?
3. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the first category?
4. In the study at Bell Labs, the star performers were identified as the ones who know the value of building what, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 10, “Managing with Heart”?
5. Dr. Antonio Damasio labels what are commonly known as “gut feelings” with what term?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)