|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Venting anger generally does what, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves”?
(a) Acknowledges it.
(b) Fuels it.
(c) Justifies it.
(d) Reduces it.
2. As businesses rely more and more on teamwork in a global environment, the more prized employees will be the ones who demonstrate what?
(a) Anger management.
(b) Verbal development.
(c) Somatic markers.
(d) Emotional intelligence.
3. What is the specialization of Howard Gardner?
(a) Developmental psychology.
(c) Prison psychology.
(d) Marriage counseling.
4. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
5. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi refers to a state of high concentration, self-forgetfulness, and mild ecstasy as being what?
(a) “In flow.”
(b) “On par.”
(d) “In tune.”
Short Answer Questions
1. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
2. Joseph LeDoux works at the Center for Neural Science at what institution?
3. Researcher Paul Ekman names three kinds of display rules in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts.” What is the first?
4. Decision making involves balancing the emotional and the what?
5. What kind of specialist is Joseph LeDoux?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)