|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves,” anger, if not cut off, will fuel itself into what?
2. What term refers to the state when the amygdala declares a state of emergency and drives the rest of the brain to respond to that emergency immediately?
(a) Fear conditioning.
(b) Anger management.
(c) Objective thinking.
(d) Neural hijacking.
3. What does “EI” stand for?
(a) Enlightened Intelligence.
(b) Euphoric Intelligence.
(c) Emotional Intelligence.
(d) Evolved Intelligence.
4. Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi works at what university?
(a) Claremont Graduate University.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Stanford University.
5. What term refers to a learning disability in reading nonverbal messages?
Short Answer Questions
1. Emotionally neglected children have a tendency to do what, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 7, “The Roots of Empathy”?
2. What psychologist developed a test for empathy called the Profile of Nonverbal Sensitivity?
3. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the second category?
4. Daniel Goleman currently co-directs the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations at what university?
5. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)