|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi refers to a state of high concentration, self-forgetfulness, and mild ecstasy as being what?
(a) “In flow.”
(b) “On par.”
(c) “In tune.”
2. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
(a) The neocortex.
(b) The olfactory lobe.
(c) The amygdala.
(d) The hippocampus.
3. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. Which of these experience and control their emotions to that they remain on an even keel?
(a) The justified.
(b) The engulfed.
(c) The accepting.
(d) The self-aware.
4. In a study by psychologist Martin Seligman, salesmen who were optimists sold how much more insurance in their first two years on the job than did pessimists?
5. Dr. Antonio Damasio labels what are commonly known as “gut feelings” with what term?
(a) Informal networks.
(b) Working memory.
(c) Somatic markers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author refers to EI as which of the following?
2. Daniel Goleman currently co-directs the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations at what university?
3. Venting anger generally does what, according to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves”?
4. What surrounds the brain stem like a ring providing improved tools for survival such as learning and memory?
5. Psychologist C. R. Snyder works at what university?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)