|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neocortex is the "seat of” what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
2. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the first?
(a) The accepting.
(b) The self-aware.
(c) The justified.
(d) The engulfed.
3. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi refers to a state of high concentration, self-forgetfulness, and mild ecstasy as being what?
(a) “In flow.”
(b) “In tune.”
(d) “On par.”
4. Psychologists Daniel Weinberger and Richard Davidson researched what group of people who appear to tune-out their emotions?
5. Psychologists Lizabeth Roemer and Thomas Borkovec work at what university?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The University of Iowa.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fear arouses the body to fight or flight by doing what within the body?
2. What term refers to the state when the amygdala declares a state of emergency and drives the rest of the brain to respond to that emergency immediately?
3. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
4. What does “DSM” refer to?
5. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)