|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Antonio Damasio works at the College of Medicine at what university?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Pennsylvania State University.
(d) The University of Iowa.
2. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
(a) John Gottman.
(b) Leslie Brody.
(c) Daniel Weinberger.
(d) William Stern.
3. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
(a) Encouraging relationships.
(b) Portraying strength.
(c) Creating a universal language for all humans.
(d) Driving them to action.
4. The author refers to EI as which of the following?
(a) An adverse reaction.
(b) A clinical disease.
(c) A meta-ability.
(d) An inherited gene.
5. What kind of specialist is Joseph LeDoux?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
2. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the third?
3. When was Alfred Binet born?
4. For what publication did Daniel Goleman write for twelve years, specializing in psychology and brain sciences?
5. Daniel Goleman currently co-directs the Consortium for Research on Emotional Intelligence in Organizations at what university?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)