|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of specialist is Joseph LeDoux?
2. When was Alfred Binet born?
3. About how many years ago did mammals develop a neocortex?
(a) 100 million.
(b) 20 million.
4. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the first category?
(a) Knowing one’s emotions.
(b) Managing emotions.
(c) Motivating one's self.
(d) Handling relationships.
5. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
(a) Creating a universal language for all humans.
(b) Encouraging relationships.
(c) Driving them to action.
(d) Portraying strength.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the first?
2. In philosophy, what is the characteristic of any action, belief, or desire that makes their choice a necessity?
3. The left pre-frontal lobe of the brain can turn off or dampen what emotion?
4. Fear arouses the body to fight or flight by doing what within the body?
5. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the second category?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)