|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Emotions, like instincts, have helped humans survive by doing what, according to the author in Part One: Chapter 1, “What Are Emotions For?”
(a) Driving them to action.
(b) Encouraging relationships.
(c) Creating a universal language for all humans.
(d) Portraying strength.
2. Decision making involves balancing the emotional and the what?
3. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
(a) The olfactory lobe.
(b) The neocortex.
(c) The hippocampus.
(d) The amygdala.
4. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the first category?
(a) Knowing one’s emotions.
(b) Handling relationships.
(c) Motivating one's self.
(d) Managing emotions.
5. What term refers to the state when the amygdala declares a state of emergency and drives the rest of the brain to respond to that emergency immediately?
(a) Fear conditioning.
(b) Neural hijacking.
(c) Anger management.
(d) Objective thinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Alfred Binet born?
2. Fear arouses the body to fight or flight by doing what within the body?
3. What refers to being aware of one's mood and one's thoughts about that mood at the same time?
4. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
5. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)