|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph LeDoux works at the Center for Neural Science at what institution?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) The University of Wisconsin.
(c) New York University.
(d) The University of Washington.
2. The Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test was originated in what country?
3. What component of the brain remembers facts and context?
(a) The amygdala.
(b) The neocortex.
(c) The hippocampus.
(d) The olfactory lobe.
4. What is the first part of the human fetal brain to develop?
(a) The neocortex.
(b) The hippocampus.
(c) The amygdala.
(d) The brainstem.
5. For what publication did Daniel Goleman write for twelve years, specializing in psychology and brain sciences?
(a) The Denver Post.
(b) The San Francisco Chronicle.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Decision making involves balancing the emotional and the what?
2. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the first category?
3. What kind of specialist is Joseph LeDoux?
4. In 1916, at Stanford University, what psychologist released a revised examination which became known as the "Stanford–Binet test"?
5. What is the specialization of Howard Gardner?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)