|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
(a) Leslie Brody.
(b) Daniel Weinberger.
(c) John Gottman.
(d) William Stern.
2. Howard Gardner works at what institution?
(a) Claremont Graduate University.
(b) The Harvard School of Education.
(c) The University of Wisconsin.
(d) Emory University.
3. What does “IQ” stand for?
(a) Indirect Question.
(b) Intelligence Quotient.
(c) Infinity Question.
(d) Insomnia Quotient.
4. What does “EI” stand for?
(a) Enlightened Intelligence.
(b) Evolved Intelligence.
(c) Emotional Intelligence.
(d) Euphoric Intelligence.
5. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
(a) The hippocampus.
(b) The amygdala.
(c) The neocortex.
(d) The olfactory lobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of specialist is Joseph LeDoux?
2. What term refers to the state when the amygdala declares a state of emergency and drives the rest of the brain to respond to that emergency immediately?
3. What component of the brain remembers facts and context?
4. The Stanford-Binet Intelligence Test was originated in what country?
5. What name refers to the groups of nuclei in the limbic system which store emotional memory assigning meaning to feelings?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)