|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Psychologists Lizabeth Roemer and Thomas Borkovec work at what university?
(a) New York University.
(b) Pennsylvania State University.
(c) The University of Iowa.
(d) Yale University.
2. Dolf Zillmann found that the universal trigger for anger is what?
(a) A sense of entitlement.
(b) A sense of endangerment.
(c) A sense of enlightenment.
(d) A sense of empathy.
3. Alexithymia refers to a state of deficiency in understanding, processing, or describing what?
4. What release is a crucial component of the fight-or-flight response of the sympathetic nervous system?
(a) Carbon Dioxide.
5. Dolf Zillmann gives two methods for diffusing anger. What is the first?
(a) Release the anger in a constructive manner.
(b) Remove yourself from the setting that triggers the anger.
(c) Challenge the angry thoughts before taking action.
(d) Find someone to council you about the anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What component of the brain remembers facts and context?
2. Joseph LeDoux found that sensory signals from the eye or ear go to the thalamus and then to what?
3. What does “EI” stand for?
4. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the third category?
5. What does “IQ” stand for?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)