|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph LeDoux found that sensory signals from the eye or ear go to the thalamus and then to what?
(a) The amygdala.
(b) The neocortex.
(c) The left pre-frontal lobe.
(d) The olfactory lobe.
2. According to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves,” balancing the extremes of emotion leads to a state of well-being, or what the early Christian church called what?
3. In 1916, at Stanford University, what psychologist released a revised examination which became known as the "Stanford–Binet test"?
(a) Robert Levenson.
(b) Robert Hare.
(c) Lewis Terman.
(d) Bruce McEven.
4. What German psychologist coined the term “IQ”?
(a) Leslie Brody.
(b) John Gottman.
(c) William Stern.
(d) Daniel Weinberger.
5. John Mayer is a psychologist at what institution?
(a) New York University.
(b) Claremont Graduate University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) The University of New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
2. The left and right pre-frontal lobes of the brain’s cortex balance the emotional responses of what?
3. What does “IQ” stand for?
4. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the second?
5. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)