|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1916, at Stanford University, what psychologist released a revised examination which became known as the "Stanford–Binet test"?
(a) Lewis Terman.
(b) Robert Levenson.
(c) Robert Hare.
(d) Bruce McEven.
2. About how many years ago did mammals develop a neocortex?
(a) 100 million.
(d) 20 million.
3. Worriers believe they are planning ahead to ward off danger, but in fact, the act of worrying prevents them from what, according to the author?
(a) Objective thinking.
(b) Fight or flight.
(c) Neural hijacking.
4. Psychologists Daniel Weinberger and Richard Davidson researched what group of people who appear to tune-out their emotions?
5. Psychologists Peter Salovey and John Mayer define emotional intelligence into five categories. What is the second category?
(a) Knowing one’s emotions.
(b) Motivating one's self.
(c) Handling relationships.
(d) Managing emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Part Two: Chapter 5, “Passion's Slaves,” anger, if not cut off, will fuel itself into what?
2. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
3. What term refers to the state when the amygdala declares a state of emergency and drives the rest of the brain to respond to that emergency immediately?
4. What type of specialist is Dr. Antonio Damasio?
5. The author refers to EI as which of the following?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)