|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aside from social changes, the glue that holds a couple together is what, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
(b) Emotional intelligence.
(c) Christian beliefs.
(d) Inherited traits.
2. Where is researcher Ulf Dimberg from?
3. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
(a) Narcissistic personality disorder.
(b) Bipolar disorder
4. Marriages that began in 1890 suffered a divorce rate of what percentage, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
5. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the second?
(a) The justified.
(b) The accepting.
(c) The engulfed.
(d) The self-aware.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. Which of these experience and control their emotions to that they remain on an even keel?
2. Marriages that began in 1990 suffered a divorce rate of what percentage, according to the author in Part Three: Chapter 9, “Intimate Enemies”?
3. John Mayer is a psychologist at what institution?
4. An example of the social skills of charisma is exemplified by a scenario with an elderly Japanese man calming who on a bus in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts”?
5. According to the author in Part Two: Chapter 6, “The Master Aptitude,” the superior achievement of Asian-Americans comes more from what than from IQ?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)