|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the fourth?
(a) Personal connection.
(b) Social analysis.
(c) Negotiating solutions.
(d) Organizing groups.
2. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the first?
(a) The engulfed.
(b) The accepting.
(c) The self-aware.
(d) The justified.
3. Researcher Paul Ekman names three kinds of display rules in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts.” What is the third?
4. T. Berry Brazelton is a pediatrician from what institution?
(a) The University of Alabama.
(b) The University of Kansas.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Harvard University.
5. Dr. John Gottman and a colleague identified the three most toxic parenting styles. Which is the first discussed in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
(a) Showing no respect for the child’s feelings.
(b) Over acknowledgment of feelings.
(c) Ignoring feelings altogether.
(d) Being too laissez-faire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Abuse warps a child's perceptions about what, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
2. An example of the social skills of charisma is exemplified by a scenario with an elderly Japanese man calming who on a bus in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts”?
3. Children who are disciplined irregularly or based on the mood of the parents learn what that can follow them through life, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
4. T. Berry Brazelton found through research that a child's readiness for learning is based on seven key factors. Which is the third?
5. John Mayer names three styles of handling one’s emotions. What is the third?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)