|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charisma combines four separate interpersonal intelligence components. What is the second?
(a) Negotiating solutions.
(b) Personal connection.
(c) Organizing groups.
(d) Social analysis.
2. An example of the social skills of charisma is exemplified by a scenario with an elderly Japanese man calming who on a bus in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts”?
(a) A hysterical mother.
(b) A belligerent drunk.
(c) A rude teenager.
(d) A violent felon.
3. Dr. John Gottman and a colleague identified the three most toxic parenting styles. Which is the second discussed in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
(a) Over acknowledgment of feelings.
(b) Ignoring feelings altogether.
(c) Showing no respect for the child’s feelings.
(d) Being too laissez-faire.
4. T. Berry Brazelton found through research that a child's readiness for learning is based on seven key factors. Which is the first of these?
5. Children who are disciplined irregularly or based on the mood of the parents learn what that can follow them through life, according to the author in Part Four: Chapter 12, “The Family Crucible”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does “FACS” stand for?
2. Researcher Paul Ekman names three kinds of display rules in Part Two: Chapter 8, “The Social Arts.” What is the first?
3. Where is researcher Ulf Dimberg from?
4. Dr. Antonio Damasio labels what are commonly known as “gut feelings” with what term?
5. What is medically recognized as a mental and emotional condition in which a person experiences intense feelings of depression, discontent and indifference to the world around them?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)