Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some creation myths show with the passage of time, only shamans could:
2. When the shaman has a question, the guardian spirit animal may answer it by:
3. How do power animals reveal themselves and their special powers?
4. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
5. A shaman's quartz crystals typically are hidden from what?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the process and procedure of extracting an intrusion and the role plants play. Why is intrusion extraction considered an advanced shamanic practice?
Essay Topic 2
In the past, and even today, some traditional world religions look unfavorably upon shamanism. Explain what some traditional religions believe about shamanistic practices. How might world cultures advance if greater tolerance and acceptance was practiced towards shamanic peoples? Explain and support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When the shaman journeys to the Lowerworld, he or she passes through a portal that has a physical component and an imagined aspect. Both are significant to the shaman. Answer the following:
1. What might the Lowerworld portal look like in ordinary or physical reality?
2. How have different shamans seen the portal in non-ordinary reality?
3. What is the significance of passing through the portal into the Lowerworld?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)