|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their "dreamtime," Australian Aruntas often become what?
2. Harner indicates that a tonal animal is linked to someone's fate in what?
3. What should a shaman NOT do when feeling dis-spirited?
4. Frequently, a patient has bonded with his or her power animal in:
5. A shaman's quartz crystals typically are hidden from what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe similarities middle-class Americans who try shamanism report regarding the portal to Lowerworld and their firsthand experiences in non-ordinary reality. Why does the author emphasize these similarities? What do they convey regarding the nature of shamanism?
Essay Topic 2
Harner states that whether the shaman is working in ordinary or non-ordinary reality, the experience is real and healing takes place in both realms. Explain what makes the non-ordinary experience real. Then, answer the following: how does healing occur when the shaman is working in non-ordinary reality?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast a shaman's power song with ONE of the following: a school fight song, a lullaby, or a love song.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)