Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some creation myths show with the passage of time, only shamans could:
2. When the shaman has a question, the guardian spirit animal may answer it by:
3. How do power animals reveal themselves and their special powers?
4. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
5. A shaman's quartz crystals typically are hidden from what?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the purpose of the shaman working with the following conditions or tools:
1. In total or partial darkness.
2. With drumming, chanting, and rattles.
3. Using plants.
Essay Topic 2
Harner explains that in most shamanic cultures, it's important that people are woken up slowly. Explain why. Also, explain the connection between the belief that power animals travel and the reason for waking someone up gradually.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of guardian spirits, spirit helpers, and power animals. Do you feel there is a significant difference between these entities? How do they differ? In what ways are they similar? Cite three separate instances showing when a shaman would call upon one particular entity over the other two.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)