Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some creation myths show with the passage of time, only shamans could:
2. When the shaman has a question, the guardian spirit animal may answer it by:
3. How do power animals reveal themselves and their special powers?
4. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
5. A shaman's quartz crystals typically are hidden from what?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of guardian spirits, spirit helpers, and power animals. Do you feel there is a significant difference between these entities? How do they differ? In what ways are they similar? Cite three separate instances showing when a shaman would call upon one particular entity over the other two.
Essay Topic 2
Harner names humility, respect for nature, and the ability to honor an experience as three traits needed by a good shaman. Explain why each is important in shamanic practices. How do the three traits work together to help the shaman? the patient?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the process and procedure of extracting an intrusion and the role plants play. Why is intrusion extraction considered an advanced shamanic practice?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)