|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A shocked power animal may do what?
(a) Grow ill and die.
(b) Attack its person.
(c) Shut down and refuse to communicate.
(d) Leave the person permanently.
2. According to Jivaro tradition, a shaman must seek out a guardian spirit how often?
(a) During a full moon.
(b) No more than once a month.
(c) On an empty stomach.
(d) At least every two weeks.
3. Often, a patient already has the following with a returned power animal:
(a) A pre-determined destiny.
(b) An unusual connection.
(c) A spiritual bridge.
(d) An agreement.
4. According to Harner, what are "big dreams?"
(a) Dreams that take place in Lowerworld.
(b) Dreams that take the shaman to Starplanet.
(c) Hopes and aspirations for a better life.
(d) Either recurring or extremely vivid dreams.
5. When a shaman delivers the spirit of a power animal into the patient, he or she also:
(a) Blesses the patient.
(b) Tells the patient what the animal is.
(c) Tells the animal to cure the patient.
(d) Blesses the animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harner indicates that a tonal animal is linked to someone's fate in what?
2. A shaman can be open to attacks when what is not present?
3. In Harner's power restoration exercise for apprentice shamans, he instructs the participant to use the drumbeat as what?
4. Shamans believe that lethargic, sick adults can be made well by what?
5. What is the most famous method of acquiring a guardian animal spirit?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)