|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among some Plains Indians tribes, it is believed that those who don't have a guardian animal spirit lack what?
(a) Courage and compassion.
(b) Strength and physical agility.
(c) Integrity and character.
(d) Power and life success.
2. In the exercise Harner gives the reader for dancing one's animal guardian spirit, what is the participant asked to do?
(a) Drum vigorously for six minutes.
(b) Shake rattles in six directions.
(c) Visualize the animal that is sought.
(d) Wear a mask of the animal being summoned.
3. Who wrote "Natural Magick" in 1562?
(a) Galileo Galilei.
(b) Nicolaus Copernicus.
(c) Hans Lippershey.
(d) Giovanni Battista Porta.
4. When the shaman has a question, the guardian spirit animal may answer it by:
(a) Tapping with its foot or fin once for no and twice for yes.
(b) Shaking a rattle at different rates depending on the answer.
(c) Entering the shaman's mind and communicating answers telepathically.
(d) Leading the shaman on a journey of experiences that ultimately answer that question.
5. Does a guardian spirit have the freedom to leave or stay at will?
(a) Only at night.
(b) It depends on the type of spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harner notes that in modern technology, quartz crystals are used in what?
2. Why do the Jivaro and other shamanic tribes believe in waking up a person gently?
3. For the Jivaro, where do guardian spirits reside primarily?
4. How many guardian animals does a person have in a lifetime?
5. What do the Jivaro see in someone who possesses a guardian?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)