|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Among the Coastal Salish, animals that become human are called what?
(a) The One.
(b) The Human.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The Transformer.
2. An especially powerful type of power object is the quartz crystal, which a shaman often associates with:
(a) Lightning, storms, and electricity.
(b) Light, the sky, and celestial bodies.
(c) Waterfalls, streams, and caverns.
(d) The earth's magnetic field.
3. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
4. After a shaman successfully retrieves a patient's power animal from the Lowerworld, what's the next step?
(a) Placing the animal on the patient's chest.
(b) Having the patient swallow the animal.
(c) Waiting for the animal to befriend the patient.
(d) Asking the power animal to swallow the patient.
5. Harner writes in Chapter 5 that power helps a person resist or dispel what?
(a) Low energy.
(b) Malignant thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harner recommend to a shaman student if he or she meets frightening creatures, such as fanged serpents or fish with teeth?
2. What should a shaman NOT do when feeling dis-spirited?
3. Shamans believe that lethargic, sick adults can be made well by what?
4. How does a guardian spirit animal encountered in Lowerworld often communicate with the shaman?
5. Who wrote "Natural Magick" in 1562?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)