Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some creation myths show with the passage of time, only shamans could:
(a) Communicate with animals.
(b) Gain acceptance by the animal kingdom.
(c) Read animals' minds.
(d) Transform into animals.
2. When the shaman has a question, the guardian spirit animal may answer it by:
(a) Shaking a rattle at different rates depending on the answer.
(b) Tapping with its foot or fin once for no and twice for yes.
(c) Entering the shaman's mind and communicating answers telepathically.
(d) Leading the shaman on a journey of experiences that ultimately answer that question.
3. How do power animals reveal themselves and their special powers?
(a) Either by a ghostly apparition or through blinding light.
(b) By singing a coded song understandable only to shamans.
(c) By playing on the recipient's childhood fears.
(d) Either by speaking or by appearing in an abnormal way.
4. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
5. A shaman's quartz crystals typically are hidden from what?
(a) Spirit guides.
(c) Sun's rays.
(d) Tribal leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, restoring power requires restoring or acquiring what?
2. While in the Lowerworld on a journey to restore power, how will the shaman know if a power animal is ready to accompany the seeker?
3. Many traditions speak of the mythical past when animals could:
4. When a power animal becomes human through a magical transformation, the animal becomes what for the shaman?
5. Among some Plains Indians tribes, it is believed that those who don't have a guardian animal spirit lack what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)