|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the apprentice shaman emerges from the tunnel and enters Lowerworld, what animal does Harner say the participant will never see?
(a) A whale.
(b) A robin.
(c) An insect.
(d) A serpent.
2. Does a guardian spirit have the freedom to leave or stay at will?
(a) It depends on the type of spirit.
(b) Only at night.
3. On the guided power restoration journey that involves descending down a tunnel, the author cautions against encountering:
(a) Male spirits with weapons.
(b) Ominously voracious non-mammals.
(c) Weeping female spirits.
(d) Large predators with exposed teeth.
4. What happens to a power object when it no longer moves a person emotionally?
(a) It is placed inside a rattle.
(b) It is returned to nature.
(c) It is incorporated into a necklace.
(d) It is buried three feet underground.
5. Can non-shamans participate in shamanic rituals?
(a) Only women.
(b) Only from a distance.
(c) Yes, in some traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Power practice involves the use of power objects, which almost always are:
2. How does a guardian spirit animal encountered in Lowerworld often communicate with the shaman?
3. According to Jivaro tradition, a shaman must seek out a guardian spirit how often?
4. What do the Jivaro see in someone who possesses a guardian?
5. According to the author, restoring power requires restoring or acquiring what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)