|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Extracting Harmful Intrusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jivaro lure harmful spirits out with what?
(a) Tobacco water.
(b) Tobacco leaves.
(c) Tobacco smoke.
(d) Tobacco powder.
2. What is the name of the documentary film made about shaman Essie Parrish?
(a) Sucking Doctor.
(b) Witch Doctor.
(c) Woman Shaman.
(d) Slug Woman.
3. Can non-shamans participate in shamanic rituals?
(a) Yes, in some traditions.
(b) Only women.
(c) Only from a distance.
4. What similarity does Harner point out between shamanism and science?
(a) Both are in awe of complexity and the magnificence of nature.
(b) Both require much training and discipline.
(c) Both require a curious mind, an open heart, and a sense of adventure.
(d) Both are available to the serious student of reality.
5. What does the Jivaro shaman help Harner acquire?
(a) Tree guides.
(b) Spirit helpers.
(c) The ability to see beyond.
(d) Advanced intuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many traditions speak of the mythical past when animals could:
2. During the Lakota practice of rock-seeing, a shaman considers a problem while walking through what?
3. Which of the following do reputable shamans NOT do?
4. Particularly during the Inquisition, many Christian church leaders considered animal transformation to be what?
5. According to Harner, what are "big dreams?"
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)