|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Extracting Harmful Intrusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do various cultures report noticing the shaman give off when in a shamanic state of consciousness?
(a) Rhythmic sounds.
(b) Light in a halo effect.
(c) An unusually sweet aroma.
(d) A highly directional beam of light, like a laser.
2. Among the Coastal Salish, animals that become human are called what?
(a) The Human.
(b) The Transformer.
(c) The Indian.
(d) The One.
3. What does Harner recommend that the aspiring shaman listen to?
(b) Birds singing.
(d) Flowing water.
4. Harner notes that when it comes to extractions, indigenous people use the manifestation in ordinary reality to reinforce:
(a) Spiritual purgation.
(b) Emotional purity.
(c) Physical purgation.
(d) Energetic purity.
5. How old is shamanism estimated to be?
(a) Approximately 12,000 years old.
(b) Less than 3,000 years old.
(c) At least 20,000 to 30,000 years old.
(d) No one can even guess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frequently, a patient has bonded with his or her power animal in:
2. Before trying to retrieve a power animal, the shaman needs what?
3. By taking beings such as spiders, snakes, and bees into his or her own body, how does the shaman help a patient?
4. Harner indicates that a tonal animal is linked to someone's fate in what?
5. When the Coastal Salish wear masks and dance their spirit guardians, what does Harner call this practice?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)