|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Journey to Restore Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can a shaman go to retrieve a lost power animal?
(a) The Otherworld.
(b) The Powerworld.
(c) The Higherworld.
(d) The Lowerworld.
2. With the help of spirit helpers and two tsentak inside his mouth, the shaman can help the patient by:
(a) Smoking out the intruder.
(b) Frightening the intruder out.
(c) Vomiting out the intruder.
(d) Swallowing the intruder.
3. Which of the following does NOT help a shaman enter a shamanic state of consciousness?
4. If SSC stands for shamanic state of consciousness, what does OSC stand for?
(a) Other-worldly shamanic consciousness.
(b) Ordinary state of consciousness.
(c) Ordinary shamanic consciousness.
(d) Orthogonal state of consciousness.
5. What happens in the state a shaman reaches, known as a type of ecstasy?
(a) The soul leaves the body, either ascending or descending.
(b) The shaman taps into perfect bliss.
(c) The shaman's spirit goes on a type of auto-pilot mode.
(d) A higher entity takes over and controls the shaman's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Harner's power restoration exercise for apprentice shamans, he instructs the participant to use the drumbeat as what?
2. Shamans pass through what kind of planes?
3. Harner's personal observation is that people develop shamanism as a tool for using the power of the human mind for what?
4. Can non-shamans participate in shamanic rituals?
5. During their "dreamtime," Australian Aruntas often become what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)