|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Journey to Restore Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author emphasizes that not all tribes use what in their shamanic practices?
2. What does Harner say that middle-class Americans report experiencing on their shamanic attempts?
(a) Temperature changes.
3. To learn more about shamanism, what does Harner do?
(a) Enrolls in a class on shamanism at his community college.
(b) Assembles a team of seven shamans from every corner of the world.
(c) Lives among tribal people to learn their shamanic ways.
(d) Asks the oldest shaman in the world to mentor him.
4. For the Jivaro, where do guardian spirits reside primarily?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In each ear.
(c) At the hips.
(d) Behind the eyes.
5. What does the Jivaro shaman help Harner acquire?
(a) Advanced intuition.
(b) Spirit helpers.
(c) Tree guides.
(d) The ability to see beyond.
Short Answer Questions
1. A shaman might enter a shamanic state of consciousness to bring back messages for whom?
2. What is a shaman able to do to restore health in a person with the assistance of appropriate spirit helpers?
3. What do the Jivaro do so that newborns can see their guardians?
4. At the conclusion of the rock-seeing process, after the shaman turns the stones around and examines all sides, what does the shaman do?
5. What do the Jivaro see in someone who possesses a guardian?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)