|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Journey to Restore Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the shaman feed his spirit helpers?
(a) Tobacco water.
(b) Coffee nectar.
(c) Vanilla beans.
(d) Ground allspice.
2. Which of the following is NOT a purpose for entering a shamanic state of consciousness?
(a) Retrieving power animals.
(d) Healing illnesses.
3. According to the author, who has a guardian spirit, whether recognized or not?
4. What does the Jivaro shaman give to Harner to drink?
(a) Fermented coconut milk.
(b) The juice of the cacao plant.
(c) Water from a mystical underground spring.
(d) A substance made from the datura plant.
5. After Harner is awakened from his maikua trance, what is he given?
(a) Warm oolong tea and papaya seeds.
(b) Pork and mango chutney.
(c) Peaches and grubs.
(d) Warm beer and monkey meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most cultures believe that a shaman can have how many guardian animals at a time?
2. When a power animal becomes human through a magical transformation, the animal becomes what for the shaman?
3. At the conclusion of the rock-seeing process, after the shaman turns the stones around and examines all sides, what does the shaman do?
4. After a shaman successfully retrieves a patient's power animal from the Lowerworld, what's the next step?
5. On his or her first guided journey, the shaman student is asked by Harner to visualize what?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)