|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Contemporary American Philosophers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not affect France like it does Germany and England?
(a) The Reformation
(b) The Revolution
(c) The Crusades
(d) The Renaissance
2. What does Aristotle establish in Athens?
(a) a political party
(b) a school of oratory
(c) a system of exchange
(d) a scientific museum
3. What is Voltaire's literary output?
(a) ninety-nine volumes
(b) fifty-four volumes of work
(c) three plays, four novels, and 100 essays
(d) hundreds of manuscripts
4. How does the German Bismarck eliminate Europe's delusions, democracy, and ideals?
(a) recognizing that nations have different philosophies
(b) recognizing that nations now aid one another
(c) recognizing that nations do not share altruism
(d) recognizing that nations are not autonimous.
5. What concept does Spencer share with Schopenhauer?
(a) everything is chaos
(b) human effort is futile
(c) reality cannot be determined
(d) philosophy is an illusion
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Schopenhauer say people rationalize the things they acquire?
2. Where is Francois Arouet when he starts using the pen name, Voltaire?
3. What does William James describe as a mirror of external and physical reality?
4. What method does Kant use to remind theology that substance, cause, and necessity are finite categories?
5. How does Reason in Religion portray Santayana's love for Catholicism?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)