|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Schopenhauer describe his situation?
(a) a musician playing to a deaf audience
(b) an artist painting for the blind
(c) a rifle without a bullet
(d) a rider without a horse
2. What is Spinoza's second book?
(a) The Political Treatise
(b) The Improvement of the Intellect
(d) The Treatise on Religion and the State
3. What purpose of Buddhism does Schopenhauer say is superior to Christianity?
(a) ease of joining the religion
(b) spiritual revelation
(c) destruction of the will
(d) hours of meditation
4. What, according to Schopenhauer, is the only way to convince someone?
(a) applying philosophy
(b) applying force
(c) appealing to self-interest
(d) appealing to reason
5. What is the foundation of Plato's Republic?
(a) allowing individuality to flourish
(b) putting the state in a subservient position
(c) destroying individuality for an idealized state
(d) creating contributing classes of people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King of Syracuse learn that causes him to cancel his invitation to Plato to organize Utopia?
2. What is Schopenhauer's masterpiece?
3. Why does Spinoza say an allegorical interpretation of the Bible allows it to be?
4. Where is a meeting held to discuss the Republic?
5. What method does Kant use to remind theology that substance, cause, and necessity are finite categories?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)