|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friedrich Nietzsche.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Schopenhauer describe his situation?
(a) a rider without a horse
(b) an artist painting for the blind
(c) a musician playing to a deaf audience
(d) a rifle without a bullet
2. What is a special element of soul in the human being according to Aristotle?
(a) a power to dream
(b) a power to dominate
(c) a power of understanding metaphysics
(d) a power of reason and thought
3. Where does Spencer say that Religion is central?
(a) in the life of advanced civilization
(b) in the life of rural communities
(c) in the life of primitive civilization
(d) in the life of clerics
4. What is needed by a strong man who seeks intensity and experience at the cost of tragic woe?
5. What event makes the rival schools of Stoicism and Epicureanism split philosophically?
(a) the arrival of missionaries from the East
(b) the resurgance of Judaism
(c) the disintegration of public infrastructures
(d) the Romans' arrival in 46 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the concepts of praise or blame indicate according to Aristotle?
2. What does Spinoza say a literal interpretation of the Bible does?
3. What happened after Spinoza dispensed with faith?
4. What does Spinoza do to support himself?
5. What are two theories from the Orient that gain acceptance in Greece?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)